2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i dont see why this guy cant be our starting 2 if hes a good passer with high bbiq

diarra/nowell
mcneeley/ball
stewart/ross
karaban/abraham
harris/johnson

we aint gonna threepeat if this is our top 10 but we'll be a fun tourney team thanks to good coaching. would be happy with sweet 16 after going back to back.
We would if we add Desmond Claude into that mix. He's already great and will only improve under Hurley.

Reaction Score
We had All American level starting players the last two years and the split was still 25/15. With injuries it was 23/16. These two are likely going to be much closer in ability level. I'm expecting pretty close to 20/20.

!remindme April 8th next year. I'll believe it when I see it.

Reaction Score
It's all NIL... some of it is an allocation from the Collective pool (that's the guaranteed part) and some of it is individual deals like Armando Bacot's Wendy's commercials. We could sign a guy for 500k and he's free to find his own deals to add to that.
I think this is where Marc D really helps…he’s got all the social media and Corp connections

Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2024-04-20 at 9.04.50 AM Large.jpeg

Kentucky fans delusional as always. If Pope made such a big impression on him in that zoom call then why did it end without them scheduling a visit?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yes . But a good chunk was also advertising dollars .
It is in all these deals. Nobody can pay them NIL unless it is for using their name, image and likeness in marketing or promotions. It has to be an exchange even if not at fair value. Clingan is an in state kid, so has more name recognition and value to advertisers locally. I’m not sure players have figured this out, but staying close to home is likely better for NIL.

McNeely is a freshman with NBA aspirations. I don’t think NIL is the deciding factor for those kids. It’s the super seniors who have no shot at the NBA that are mercenary types.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
It’s the super seniors who have no shot at the NBA that are mercenary types.
Yep; there's a "one last basketball check before I have to get a real job" crowd that is overpricing themselves.

Reaction Score
is there a deadline date when high school recruits need to make a decision by?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We had All American level starting players the last two years and the split was still 25/15. With injuries it was 23/16. These two are likely going to be much closer in ability level. I'm expecting pretty close to 20/20.

There is a substantial gap in skill between Hoss and Johnson.

Reaction Score
I’m going to be crushed if we don’t land him. He’s so freaking good
We're perfect for him too. If he's thinking beyond tomorrow he'll see that and realize how much his ability would be showcased on a national stage in an offense like no other, if he comes here.

One year NIL money is nothing compared to being drafted higher as a result of what this coaching staff has shown it can do to improve a player's skills.

Two time defending champions, featured at the start of the season in the biggest pre-season tournament and well equipped to three peat, and running an offense in which he would shine.

Reaction Score
Not as many as those dragging the him. One guy calls him a “Low-average bench center”.
I mean there was a solid stretch of the season where that was absolutely the correct assessment. He was getting worked over on defense and was getting shut down offensively. He definitely picked up his game quite a bit the last stretch of the season, though there are still absolutely valid concerns regarding his ability to defend the post and rebound well enough to be a starter.

There is a camp that won’t acknowledge he improved tremendously from his low point and a camp that won’t acknowledge he had a low point or still has a huge way to go to be a solid starter. To be honest, they’re both equally dumb positions to take at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom