Let's see who will be correct on a verbal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Let's see who will be correct on a verbal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Still somewhat under the radar and not sure of UCONN interest but a long shot prediction for the future is Adrianna Hahn (2015) from Ursuline Academy in Wilm DE (sound familiar?) and also from Belton's AAU Team (Team Takeover)..5'7" PG with great skills (especially 3 ball range) and tremendous IQ. Lot's of ACC/BCS offers and interest (Stanford recently).. starting to blow up..Ursuline's Coach is John Noonan (EDD's personal coach since 6th grade)..not sure if that would be good or bad..

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
My prediction on verbals:

Wilson - South Carolina
Rooks - Stanford
Westbeld - OSU

You and about 100 others out on the same limb. Anything original to offer?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
"Everyone has an opinion,on who they think(wish)will verbal to UConn from the 2014 class.So,let's hear who you think UConn will get.Strictly a guess,but we will see in the end who was correct.My guess,thought,is Westbeld.How about you?"

The OP asked for who you think UConn will get. I don't understand why any posters would list other places the players UConn is recruiting will go.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Well, if this is the consensus—

—then with the way recruiting goes, chances are at least two of the three are wrong.

You're probably right. For example, some who actually know a bit about Stanford recruiting -- as opposed to those who parrot conventional wisdom -- believe Tara is done with 2014.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Well, if this is the consensus—

—then with the way recruiting goes, chances are at least two of the three are wrong.

Well, a flip of the Official BoneYard coin is better than that...

Reaction Score
I'm very bad at predictions so I will not make one, but the question that should be asked is, will UCONN get another 2014 verbal?

More significantly, will UConn get another 2014 signee?

To hell with verbals, I say! They're not worth the paper they're written on.

Reaction Score
You and about 100 others out on the same limb. Anything original to offer?

Come on......he didn't say it was breaking news....just gave a prediction.

Reaction Score
Rooks and Edwards did play on the same team at Boo Williams with the NJ Demons in April. Edwards left after Boo and went to play for Philly Belles Costello and Rooks went on to play for Exodus NYC in July. I was at the HS game when Rooks went head to head against Duke commit Calhoun of Christ the King with Geno and Coach Chris in attendance. Rooks caught Geno's eye with an eye popping 33 points 12 rebound performance. For those who don't know, Rooks uncle is former Arizona star and former NBA player Sean Rooks.

Rooks dad thinks very highly of Uconn. In addition to Uconn and Stanford being the front runners, Princeton is very much in the mix as well.

My prediction on verbals:

Wilson - South Carolina
Rooks - Stanford
Westbeld - OSU

Thanks for the info on Rooks. Has any of the above three come out with an official list of schools they are considering? Is Wilson just considering SC and UConn or has she mentioned other schools?

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Thanks for the info on Rooks. Has any of the above three come out with an official list of schools they are considering? Is Wilson just considering SC and UConn or has she mentioned other schools?

Westbeld's final four are Uconn, Duke, Notre Dame and OSU

I don't know much about Rooks.

Reaction Score
Although everyone wants Wilson to go to Uconn, I think it would be kind of exciting for South Carolina and Dawn Staley to get a good in-state prospect. So I think she will pick UConn but like HuskyFan I wouldn't be upset if she chose Staley.
If you would not be upset if SC gets Wilson over us then you are not a husky fan! We should want every great player Geno wants to sign here. You should be upset ANYTIME talent goes elsewhere. With the class we already have and the best coach anywhere why wouldn't a few big kids want to come here. I say they want 5 or 6 in this class depending on if the coaches see big kids in the following class they believe they want and can get. Just because a player is from a state doesn't mean they won't come here, or we'd get nobody. I've said it before players weigh many things in their decision with the IT factor (they feel comfortable with being there) included. SC has proximity to home (although players don't get to go home that often) Uconn has an advantage in every other area from academics, to coaching (the chance to learn from the greatest coach in the sport is a huge thing), to facility's, to fans who view woman's sports as deserving equal treatment to men's, to talent around her, yet every seems so negative to think she would want to come here. This goes for the other kids we are recruiting as well. I don't get it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Westbeld's final four are Uconn, Duke, Notre Dame and OSU

I don't know much about Rooks.

Nothing against Westbeld, but I cant imagine she is still considering Duke... or that Duke is still recruiting her..... unless she can play PG ;)

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Nothing against Westbeld, but I cant imagine she is still considering Duke... or that Duke is still recruiting her..... unless she can play PG ;)

Hahaha I mean I would hope and imagine she isn't still considering Duke with all those roster spots filled but I guess crazier things have happened...

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If you would not be upset if SC gets Wilson over us then you are not a husky fan! We should want every great player Geno wants to sign here. You should be upset ANYTIME talent goes elsewhere. With the class we already have and the best coach anywhere why wouldn't a few big kids want to come here. I say they want 5 or 6 in this class depending on if the coaches see big kids in the following class they believe they want and can get. Just because a player is from a state doesn't mean they won't come here, or we'd get nobody. I've said it before players weigh many things in their decision with the IT factor (they feel comfortable with being there) included. SC has proximity to home (although players don't get to go home that often) Uconn has an advantage in every other area from academics, to coaching (the chance to learn from the greatest coach in the sport is a huge thing), to facility's, to fans who view woman's sports as deserving equal treatment to men's, to talent around her, yet every seems so negative to think she would want to come here. This goes for the other kids we are recruiting as well. I don't get it.

That was lovely and passionate but I don't want to be the barer of bad news but as my name suggests I am from Columbus, OH and so by trade I am an OSU fan who has been rooting for UConn because of the talent level for years and because Maya Moore and Tina Charles really got me into Women's Basketball. So I guess I am not a "husky fan!" In your eyes but I am still a fan of talented players and teams. So I am open to the idea of A'ja Wilson playing for SC because it is good for the sport. I still believe (as I posted) that she will go to Uconn. Even if I was a "Husky fan!" I am entitled to my opinion and should be allowed to think it would be great if she did stay at home. I consider myself a Husky fan but I guess I don't fit your opinion of one.

Reaction Score
That was lovely and passionate but I don't want to be the barer of bad news but as my name suggests I am from Columbus, OH and so by trade I am an OSU fan who has been rooting for UConn because of the talent level for years and because Maya Moore and Tina Charles really got me into Women's Basketball. So I guess I am not a "husky fan!" In your eyes but I am still a fan of talented players and teams. So I am open to the idea of A'ja Wilson playing for SC because it is good for the sport. I still believe (as I posted) that she will go to Uconn. Even if I was a "Husky fan!" I am entitled to my opinion and should be allowed to think it would be great if she did stay at home. I consider myself a Husky fan but I guess I don't fit your opinion of one.

I would hope,that the boneyard never denies anyone an opinion,whether they are a Husky fan or not.It is only opinion or speculation,and is not harmful or downgrading.

Reaction Score

ok I see both sides of this as a UCONN fan. I want us to get any player Geno and co wants. However if players would rather be big fish in small ponds than compete for championships they are most likely not the kind of player I an desperate to get. In the end we saw with EDD last year, One great player may put a team on the map but they are not going to beat the big UCONN, ND Baylor ... teams by themselves. I would rather have a all star player who is a team first girl than an all world player who is more worried with their own stats than championships

oh by the way I do not mean this as a dig to EDD. her case is completely different. I understand kids wanting to stay home and close to their families its just self glorification over the need to win championships that bugs me

Reaction Score

I am a fan of the UConn women's basketball team and I would like for Wilson to go to UConn. Like you I am also a fan of college basketball in general. So if she chooses SC I won't be too upset because instead of cherry picking some SC games to go to I may just become a season ticket holder. :)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

Being from Ohio I'm interested in your perspective regarding Westbeld and Watterman! Will they head to OSU or do you think elsewhere?

I just find it somewhat curious that they didn't verbal the same time as their AAU teammates Mitchell sisters and Hart!

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Being from Ohio I'm interested in your perspective regarding Westbeld and Watterman! Will they head to OSU or do you think elsewhere?

I just find it somewhat curious that they didn't verbal the same time as their AAU teammates Mitchell sisters and Hart!

Well in the past with Foster at the helm I was sure they would leave Ohio. I was somewhat surprised they both were still considering OSU with Foster. But now with a younger coach and more of an exciting air around the program I felt Waterman and Westbeld had a good chance of staying in Ohio but after they didn't commit when Hart and the Mitchell's did I id of wondered if they were changing their mind. I always felt Westbeld was going to go on her visits before committing anywhere, everyone says she's a big lean for OSU but I wouldn't be surprised if she went to ND. Waterman is more of a wildcard. I don't even know what her list looks like but I could see her going to OSU since the two would like to go to school together but aren't restricting each other.

Of course these are just my thoughts, high school girls can change their minds like that.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Well in the past with Foster at the helm I was sure they would leave Ohio. I was somewhat surprised they both were still considering OSU with Foster. But now with a younger coach and more of an exciting air around the program I felt Waterman and Westbeld had a good chance of staying in Ohio but after they didn't commit when Hart and the Mitchell's did I id of wondered if they were changing their mind. I always felt Westbeld was going to go on her visits before committing anywhere, everyone says she's a big lean for OSU but I wouldn't be surprised if she went to ND. Waterman is more of a wildcard. I don't even know what her list looks like but I could see her going to OSU since the two would like to go to school together but aren't restricting each other.

Of course these are just my thoughts, high school girls can change their minds like that.

There was a recent (Aug 6) article in the Columbus Dispatch which stated that Waterman plans official visits to Ohio State, Purdue and Duke in the Fall. So, Waterman joins Westbeld as another 6-2/3 player who includes Duke on her final list though there now doesn't appear to be room with Duke's more pressing need for a point guard. It's not clear if Waterman will include other schools on her visit list; I recall there was some mutual interest with Kentucky.

It would appear there will be opportunities for early playing time at OSU depending of course on who else McGuff signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom