Let's see who will be correct on a verbal | The Boneyard

Let's see who will be correct on a verbal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everyone has an opinion,on who they think(wish)will verbal to UConn from the 2014 class.So,let's hear who you think UConn will get.Strictly a guess,but we will see in the end who was correct.My guess,thought,is Westbeld.How about you?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
hmmmm...

interesting topic!

my gut says Westbeld goes to Ohio State with Watterman.

Im gonna go with Wilson. I think it will come down to us and South Carolina ( I wont be upset if she goes there though, just so long its not to Tennessee).

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I keep reading that Westbeld is an OSU lean.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Everyone has an opinion,on who they think(wish)will verbal to UConn from the 2014 class.So,let's hear who you think UConn will get.Strictly a guess,but we will see in the end who was correct.My guess,thought,is Westbend.How about you?

One thing I am sure of is that we will not get Westbend. Just watch.

H

Huskyfan23

Honestly as much as I hate to say this I think our 2014 recruiting class is done. I think that Wilson will go to South Carolina, Westbeld will go to Ohio St., and Rooks will go to Stanford

Reaction Score
Everyone has an opinion,on who they think(wish)will verbal to UConn from the 2014 class.So,let's hear who you think UConn will get.Strictly a guess,but we will see in the end who was correct.My guess,thought,is Westbend.How about you?

We are about to find out if there is any cost to being left behind in the AAC.

sTu

Reaction Score
"We are about to find out if there is any cost to being left behind in the AAC."

Only if you think the results of part of one recruiting class is going to show the cost.

Reaction Score
... we will see in the end who was correct. My guess, though, is Westbend. How about you?

The whole town of West Bend, Wisconsin? Unless I miscounted, Geno doesn't have enough schollies to cover everybody there.

I am looking for some new ceramic saucepans, though.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Although everyone wants Wilson to go to Uconn, I think it would be kind of exciting for South Carolina and Dawn Staley to get a good in-state prospect. So I think she will pick UConn but like HuskyFan I wouldn't be upset if she chose Staley.

Reaction Score
Although everyone wants Wilson to go to Uconn, I think it would be kind of exciting for South Carolina and Dawn Staley to get a good in-state prospect. So I think she will pick UConn but like HuskyFan I wouldn't be upset if she chose Staley.

Anyone who thinks South Carolina is going to win an NC in the next 10 years is delusional. When was the last time South Carolina even won their own conference?

Reaction Score
Wilson... South Carolina, Tennessee, UNC

Westbeld... Ohio State, Notre Dame

Rooks.... Stanford

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks South Carolina is going to win an NC in the next 10 years is delusional. When was the last time South Carolina even won their own conference?

Past performance does not guarantee future results.... I'm sure folks said the same of Geno/UConn. Now, I'm not saying that Dawn is Geno-esque -- I still have big questions about her abilities.. BUT, look at the SEC.. You don't think Dawn can outcoach the much maligned Mitchell, Landers, Caldwell, Balcomb, Warlick?

Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
LSU
Mississippi St.
Missouri
Ole Miss
South Carolina
Tennessee
Texas A&M
Vanderbilt

Reaction Score
Past performance does not guarantee future results ...

Who's talking about guarantees? There ain't no such thing in sports. In the early 1990s, the two teams who went to the World Series both finished at the bottom of their respective leagues a year earlier. Hadn't happened in a century.

... You don't think Dawn can outcoach the much maligned Mitchell, Landers, Caldwell, Balcomb, Warlick?

There's lots of great coaches every year who wind up buried deep in the middle of their conferences, in every sport. It ain't all coaching, pal.

Reaction Score
Wilson... South Carolina, Tennessee, UNC

Westbeld... Ohio State, Notre Dame

Rooks.... Stanford

I sincerely hope that Wilson does not end up in Tennessee and Westbeld does not end up at Notre Dame. Rooks played on the same team as Sadie Edwards, which is a positive, but I understand the draw of Stanford. Fingers crossed we get one or two forwards, posts and /or bigs in 2014.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Wilson to UConn!!! We are made for her!!!

Reaction Score
Popovich and Auriemma are the two best teachers of basketball. If a young lady doesn't want to play for Geno, I don't want her in our program!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I sincerely hope that Wilson does not end up in Tennessee and Westbeld does not end up at Notre Dame. Rooks plays on the same team as Sadie Edwards, which is a positive, but I understand the draw of Stanford. Fingers crossed we get one or two forwards, posts and /or bigs in 2014.

She wont! I am convinced! Wilson will chose between UCONN and South Carolina.

Westbeld, I still say OSU.

Rooks, Stanford???? Really???? Do they have any scholarships left???

Im interested to see who comes to First Night!!!

Reaction Score
Wilson should want to Practice against Stewie every day. That will go a long way to her reaching her potential. How many truly mobile big folks are out there to test your game day in and day out. Plus having Geno and CD helps.

Reaction Score
She wont! I am convinced! Wilson will chose between UCONN and South Carolina.

Westbeld, I still say OSU.

Rooks, Stanford???? Really???? Do they have any scholarships left???

Im interested to see who comes to First Night!!!
The attendance at first night will tell us who is really interested in Uconn among those not already verballed. It is quite possible that no more recruits will verbal to Uconn by the early signing period and Wilson's choice is highly uncertain.

Reaction Score
I sincerely hope that Wilson does not end up in Tennessee and Westbeld does not end up at Notre Dame. Rooks plays on the same team as Sadie Edwards, which is a positive, but I understand the draw of Stanford. Fingers crossed we get one or two forwards, posts and /or bigs in 2014.

Rooks and Edwards did play on the same team at Boo Williams with the NJ Demons in April. Edwards left after Boo and went to play for Philly Belles Costello and Rooks went on to play for Exodus NYC in July. I was at the HS game when Rooks went head to head against Duke commit Calhoun of Christ the King with Geno and Coach Chris in attendance. Rooks caught Geno's eye with an eye popping 33 points 12 rebound performance. For those who don't know, Rooks uncle is former Arizona star and former NBA player Sean Rooks.

Rooks dad thinks very highly of Uconn. In addition to Uconn and Stanford being the front runners, Princeton is very much in the mix as well.

My prediction on verbals:

Wilson - South Carolina
Rooks - Stanford
Westbeld - OSU

Reaction Score
I'm very bad at predictions so I will not make one, but the question that should be asked is, will UCONN get another 2014 verbal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom