Let's not worry about who's in the bracket. | The Boneyard

Let's not worry about who's in the bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For those of who have had an issue with who's in our bracket, my advice is this. We are not playing the #2, 3, and 4 teams in sucessive order. We play #16, then, if/when we advance it's either the 8 or 9 seed. Let's also not forget that rounds 1 & 2 are in NYC, so, in essence it's almost home games, aka Storrs South. Depending on game 2, it's then up I-95 to Boston, and the TD Garden. Granted we have not played on the parquet floor of the "GAHDEN", but like Brooklyn, it's, as many may say, Storrs North. Of the 8 teams in the upper bracket, Auburn is the team that gives my "some" concern. However, they have to get past San Diego St. The bottom portion of the bracket poses a little more of a problem, but #2 Iowa St. might have to meet, Drake, WAST, IL, or even Yale, yeah, the chances of that are slim, but would be a welcome sight. As many have said, this team is stacked, battle tested, and looking to repeat. So, everyone, let's not get crazy, just yet. I personally think that we we were given a damn good bracket, with who we are playing, and for that matter, WHERE. So, it's time to "put up". This team is hungry, and are in the best position to repeat, if everything falls right.
GO HUSKIES.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
First off, do you imagine the other teams in the bracket are happy about being in this bracket? It's similar to that scene from the film The Watchmen, we aren't in a bracket with those teams, they are in our bracket. If the committee was intending on punishing us, they hit the wrong target.

Reaction Score
For those of who have had an issue with who's in our bracket, my advice is this. We are not playing the #2, 3, and 4 teams in sucessive order. We play #16, then, if/when we advance it's either the 8 or 9 seed. Let's also not forget that rounds 1 & 2 are in NYC, so, in essence it's almost home games, aka Storrs South. Depending on game 2, it's then up I-95 to Boston, and the TD Garden. Granted we have not played on the parquet floor of the "GAHDEN", but like Brooklyn, it's, as many may say, Storrs North. Of the 8 teams in the upper bracket, Auburn is the team that gives my "some" concern. However, they have to get past San Diego St. The bottom portion of the bracket poses a little more of a problem, but #2 Iowa St. might have to meet, Drake, WAST, IL, or even Yale, yeah, the chances of that are slim, but would be a welcome sight. As many have said, this team is stacked, battle tested, and looking to repeat. So, everyone, let's not get crazy, just yet. I personally think that we we were given a damn good bracket, with who we are playing, and for that matter, WHERE. So, it's time to "put up". This team is hungry, and are in the best position to repeat, if everything falls right.
GO HUSKIES.
Thank you for the great analysis. I agree. But what is bothering me to no end is the fact that the Selection Committee royally screwed UConn. Why packing all those teams for the overall number1 seed.

Reaction Score
A good coach like Hurley is going to use this as billboard fodder to pump the troops up. If anything, I view this as a good thing. Everyone in media is talking about how difficult of a bracket the East is. Cam Spencer has NEVER played in a tournament game. Do you think he cares who they are playing? He is going to give it 100% and be Cam with whomever is in front of him. He doesn't care if it's me or Armando Bacot who has 7 inches and 40+ pounds on him. He, like pretty much everyone on the Connecticut roster, isn't backing down from anyone. They will take this one game at a time and they will be prepared from whomever they play. We just have to hope that our shots are falling and theirs aren't.

Reaction Score
Single- elimination game time of the year. Play harder and smarter than your opponent. "Stuff" and upsets will happen inside of our bracket as we advance towards Phoenix.

Control the controllables.

Reaction Score
First of all doomed, but secondly I'll say I actually don't mind our draw. My biggest concern going in was getting what I would consider a high variance team early in the bracket. Let's say Kentucky, Bama, or Duke was the four in our region if Auburn plays those teams 10 times each maybe they win 6 or 7 vs them all on average but 1 or 2 of those 3 or 4 losses is probably by 20 because teams with those tempo offenses or in Duke's case that many pros can beat anyone on their good days. I think Auburn is consistently a better team but I think in a 7 game series we beat anyone in the country in 6 or fewer games I'd rather play a better lower variance team in a single elimination tournament.

Reaction Score
First off, do you imagine the other teams in the bracket are happy about being in this bracket? It's similar to that scene from the film The Watchmen, we aren't in a bracket with those teams, they are in our bracket. If the committee was intending on punishing us, they hit the wrong target.
On Selection Sunday I went to the UNC, Duke, and Kentucky forums. There was a collective sigh of relief, from their fans, that they weren't in UConns bracket. The first four games are basically home games. Bring em on.

Reaction Score
There Can Be Only One Highlander GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member