Let the Carousel begin! | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Let the Carousel begin!

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Press conference introducing new Stanford Head Coach Kate Paye is starting now:

In my fever dreams, she'll announce Kiki Iriafen is staying and we're getting one or two bomb transfers. A guy can dream...

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score

In my fever dreams, she'll announce Kiki Iriafen is staying and we're getting one or two bomb transfers. A guy can dream...

Alas, the fever broke and all I'm left with is cold sweats...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Underwhelming hire--wow.

She's been a solid coach for Charlotte (My 49ers) for a while. She's probably the longest tenured WBB coach in their history. Its been a stepping stone program.... Amanda Butler, Katie Meier, and Karen Aston were the 3 other coaches there in the past 25 years or so.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
She's been a solid coach for Charlotte (My 49ers) for a while. She's probably the longest tenured WBB coach in their history. Its been a stepping stone program.... Amanda Butler, Katie Meier, and Karen Aston were the 3 other coaches there in the past 25 years or so.
Don't know much about her coaching chops, but I feel old - I remember her as a player for Iowa in the years shortly after Vivian came to Rutgers.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

My Blue Hose look to remain on top of the Big South.

CqisKYjWIAAtnnd.jpg

Reaction Score
Has Harper found a new home yet and are there any prime coaching positions still open? I was hoping that she would land at Marquette but I read that that opening was filled now.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Has Harper found a new home yet and are there any prime coaching positions still open? I was hoping that she would land at Marquette but I read that that opening was filled now.
Has Utah State hired anyone yet?

Reaction Score

I am wishing Coach Payne all the best. She just has to run the team her way but keep that Stanford Standard in place. I can't wait to see what develops for this program over the years.

Reaction Score
Has Utah State hired anyone yet?
They hired Wesley Brooks (Ohio State, Michigan, & Utah assistant coach) as their new coach. I wish him well. I know with Michigan, he worked primarily with the combo guards and wings. Not sure what he did with Ohio State. But he has put in the work as an assistant for a while. Now he gets to run a program his way. Congrats, Coach Brooks and good luck.

Reaction Score
Not sure about Coach Harper. She might sit the year out and enjoy family and some down time. I know I would. Or she might want to get back out there as soon as possible. But no word yet on her getting hired.

Last I saw there were 12-14 openings but nothing too prime but if an assistant was looking to make a name for themselves, any coaching gig would be prime, but I get what you mean.

Reaction Score
Not sure about Coach Harper. She might sit the year out and enjoy family and some down time. I know I would. Or she might want to get back out there as soon as possible. But no word yet on her getting hired.

Last I saw there were 12-14 openings but nothing too prime but if an assistant was looking to make a name for themselves, any coaching gig would be prime, but I get what you mean.
Maybe take the year off then go for university of Missouri position next season…

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score

And maybe reassess what her goals are in the coaching profession? Is a high pressure, high profile D1 job something you really want, or can you find success and happiness at a different level? There was so much pressure on her at TN, so that might take some time to get over. Or maybe even take an asst coaching job based on what you are good at and what a HC might need as a staff skill set?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe take the year off then go for university of Missouri position next season…
She's had two P5 jobs and been fired from both. I didnt think she was terrible at TN, but I would have a very dim view of an AD that gave her a 3rd shot.

The SunBelt has been making a claim as the strongest G5 conference; those schools may be looking to upgrade their other programs.

Chattanooga would've been a good fit. And Charlotte is open. But I'd probably wait it out for a year.

Reaction Score
Didn't take long for Marshall to find their next coach...
(via Raoul)

TRANSYLVANIA: Warmups are capes. Nickname: The mighty Biters! Dorms have coffin option?! I’ll be here all week!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I am SHOCKED!
/whisper voice/ fans of a program lead by a septuagenarian HOFer should probably be careful laughing at others for expectations out of whack with post-HOF HC reality

Reaction Score

My Blue Hose look to remain on top of the Big South.

View attachment 99844

I’m honestly shocked PC got anybody with prior D1 HC experience. Was sure they’d have to hire a mid-major assistant or a D2 coach looking to move up. Huge jump for the last coach all the way to App State, but there’s nothing to suggest Presbyterian is a springboard program.

Also - it’s your 49ers, your Blue Hose, presumably your Blue Devils…. How many teams do you have?!

Reaction Score
I’m honestly shocked PC got anybody with prior D1 HC experience. Was sure they’d have to hire a mid-major assistant or a D2 coach looking to move up. Huge jump for the last coach all the way to App State, but there’s nothing to suggest Presbyterian is a springboard program.

Also - it’s your 49ers, your Blue Hose, presumably your Blue Devils…. How many teams do you have?!
It's a lengthy list. There's Aggies and Panthers as well. Not to mention a bunch of land grants, with the exception of one if memory serves correct ;)

One thing I appreciate the most from @triaddukefan is that they're loyal to a wide variety of teams, especially in their neck of the woods.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

giphy (2).gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom