Let the Carousel begin! | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Let the Carousel begin!

Reaction Score
So...either a whole bunch of people from Syracuse were lying, or Ole Miss running a "background check" is a complete farce. It has to be one or the other.
It wasn’t any ole background check. It was a “comprehensive background check”.
IMG_2504.jpeg

Reaction Score
Yeah, not a good look and that sucks because Coach Yo is one of my favorite coaches. That hire could tank that program. If I had a daughter being recruited there, I would veto that school from the offer list just because he was on staff.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I wonder if Hillsman is still on the coaching staff by this weekend :confused:
I'm not a betting person, however I'm guessing it might be done quietly during all the FF hoopla?

Reaction Score
So let me translate:
I won't listen to any criticism, no matter how reasonable or constructive.
Moral relatavism is convenient for me.
I exercise no discretion in the company I keep and the people I value.
I'm a walking HR/legal nightmare because apparently I don't realize that as a supervisor "see no evil" doesn't cut it as a legal defense when the employees I supervise violate the law.

Cool cool cool.
How did you even get that out of her post?

All I heard was the voice of Charlie Brown's teacher when I read that. It doesn't address a damn thing.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
So here's a question: what is the upside for Ole Miss? The backlash was immediate and easily predictable. He had a decent run at Syracuse, but I don't think he's ever been considered a master strategist or great recruiter. Just...what was the thought process here?

Reaction Score
So here's a question: what is the upside for Ole Miss? The backlash was immediate and easily predictable. He had a decent run at Syracuse, but I don't think he's ever been considered a master strategist or great recruiter. Just...what was the thought process here?
There's probably fewer than 15 coaches who have been to an NC title game. He's one of em. Not a genius but that aint nothing.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

Ole Miss probably trying to make sure the public outcry is on the women's hoops program instead of the men's hoops program who hired Chris Beard one year ago despite Texas firing him for having assaulted his fiancé' just four months prior . . .

Reaction Score
Ole Miss probably trying to make sure the public outcry is on the women's hoops program instead of the men's hoops program who hired Chris Beard one year ago despite Texas firing him for having assaulted his fiancé' just four months prior . . .
There is increased emphasis on equity across programs ….

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
There's probably fewer than 15 coaches who have been to an NC title game. He's one of em. Not a genius but that aint nothing.
I'd say there's some degree of flukiness with that though. Never even made the Sweet 16 in any of his other Tourney appearances (9 trips total). There's any number of coaches who made a deep run once and were never able to repeat it.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
What on earth are Coach Yo and their AD thinking? No program should touch that awful man with a 10 foot pole. It’s not like what he did is ancient history either. Very baffling and disappointing decision.
I have no idea where to find it / them, but there were profile(s) around the time of his FF run that, if I recall correctly, painted him as very spiritual and "Christian". This might appeal to some, it seems to have appealed to Syracuse both with Q and also the current coach.

It isn't that I specifically have an issue with someone proclaiming their Christian faith, but I think it inappropriate to a degree at secular schools and even more-so when there are non-Christian players on the team. Not to mention that Christianity is interpreted differently by various denominations and groupings.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I have no idea where to find it / them, but there were profile(s) around the time of his FF run that, if I recall correctly, painted him as very spiritual and "Christian". This might appeal to some, it seems to have appealed to Syracuse both with Q and also the current coach.

It isn't that I specifically have an issue with someone proclaiming their Christian faith, but I think it inappropriate to a degree at secular schools and even more-so when there are non-Christian players on the team. Not to mention that Christianity is interpreted differently by various denominations and groupings.
Coach Yo is always preaching about God, heck even Dawn Staley couldn’t stop talking about him after their last win. Both coach at public schools. I wouldn’t hold the religion factor against him too much, but the alleged mistreatment and player abuse is a different story.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom