Let the Carousel begin! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Let the Carousel begin!

Reaction Score
Butler? Austin Parkinson is finishing his 2nd year. There is ZERO chance of him being fired.

Ha. Was referring to Amanda Butler at Clemson

Parkinson is not doing a bad job at all!

Reaction Score
I could see Amanda Butler getting another year as she has a top 10 recruit coming in next year.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Butler? Austin Parkinson is finishing his 2nd year. There is ZERO chance of him being fired. As discussed in the Hot Seat thread, there are many candidates with a wide range of variabilities that will be used as excuses to delay the inevitable. BC Joanne Bernabei-McNamee just finished year 6 and is now spiraling down with top players recently transferring out. This performance in totality should cause her release with a first round exit. The other strong candidate is Robin Pingeton at Missouri but as noted, with a new AD, she may be given a 1 year reprieve and most certainly with not be the first. I do think Joe M could graciously announce his retirement shortly after his last game to allow for accolades and nice reflection at the Big 10 Tournament. Doug may be given the opportunity to play out his current contract whenever that ends as DePaul has a higher priority to find a Men's coach and I don't think the Department wants to have two high profile searches this year.
@Vowelguy

Butler Results:
2021-22: 1- 27 (last year of previous coach)
2022-23: 11-19 (1st year of Parkinson)
2023-24: 14-15 (2nd year of Parkinson)

If that trend continues next year, we might be writing about an extension. A few more and he might be considered for a Big Ten Job (he is after all, a former player at Purdue).

As for Pingleton, it slipped by me that her nemesis had gone out west....so maybe she's got a stay??

I was thinking Joanne Bernabee-McNamee was toast, for all the reasons you mention, but then read the story by the Boston Globe on how severely disadvantaged in many sports due to NIL and various others areas. In fact, it may be a situation of "how does she stay competitive given our damn exit door sucks people out with such velocity?"
That said, the talent is coached and tries hard, but there's simply not enough of it across the board. I'll watch them today vs. Clemson to check out how they are, vis a vis Coach Butler, another person on your list.

Reaction Score
I could see Amanda Butler getting another year as she has a top 10 recruit coming in next year.
I think that the success of Clemson's softball program will hurt her at some point.

Reaction Score
While she may not be on the hot seat this season, I wonder what UNC fans think of Courtney Banghart.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My catamoiunts are looking for a new coach. If their colors werent purple based, i might would place my hat into the ring.

Not sure how many of yall have been to Cullowhee, but its a hour past nowhere. :oops:

Reaction Score
Interesting that no p6 announcements so far. And just 1 in total (western Carolina).

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Susie Gardner leaving Mercer for “other coaching opportunities”.

She has had a great career there. Wonder what the next chapter is or where?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Susie Gardner leaving Mercer for “other coaching opportunities”.

She has had a great career there. Wonder what the next chapter is or where?

I like Susie Gardner. I always felt she wasn't really given a fair chance at Arkansas and was happy when she found some success at Mercer.

Reaction Score
Interesting that no p6 announcements so far. And just 1 in total (western Carolina).
I guess most P6 ADs don't want to take on any unnecessary expenses (buyouts, hiring replacements at a higher price) and would prefer to let things play out as long as (1) the team is somewhat competitive, (2) the coaches aren't being accused of abuse, and (3) the student athletes are graduating at a high enough clip.

Reaction Score
I guess most P6 ADs don't want to take on any unnecessary expenses (buyouts, hiring replacements at a higher price) and would prefer to let things play out as long as (1) the team is somewhat competitive, (2) the coaches aren't being accused of abuse, and (3) the student athletes are graduating at a high enough clip.
Nah. Turnover is coming. Just hasn’t happened yet.

Reaction Score
Nah. Turnover is coming. Just hasn’t happened yet.
I agree that it'll happen (and several of the names on these lists will be involved)--just not on the timeline that people are expecting. Some of these athletic departments are operating a little closer to the red than fans realize.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Well, Utah State's AD has fired their Coach [Kayla Ard] between the end of their game [loss in the first round of the Mountain West] and the beginning of the postgame media availability. Not sure I've seen that before.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well, Utah State's AD has fired their Coach [Kayla Ard] between the end of their game [loss in the first round of the Mountain West] and the beginning of the postgame media availability. Not sure I've seen that before.

damn-mad.gif

Reaction Score

That’s more what I had been expecting — the AD has long ago decided and is just waiting for the season to end to announce a change.

Although I guess the portal changes things. You don’t want an open slot for too long bc you could lose all your players.
If your coaching target is still playing you might want to wait.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom