Let’s talk about Swin | The Boneyard

Let’s talk about Swin

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It’s a good time for all of us to shift gears from the disappointment of last night’s game to the wonderful news last night that Swin Cash has been voted into the WBB HOF.

Swin was a tremendous player. Her list of accomplishments as a player is amazing : 2x NCAA champion, AP AA, 15 years in the W, 3x WNBA champion, multiple allstar game appearances and more.

As impressive as Swin’s accomplishments on the court were, her achievements off the court are equally impressive. She has been an involved community activist for many years. Swin has set up and supported a number of charitable foundations. She is currently one of the very first women executives in the NBA, working for the New Orleans Pelicans.

What I remember most about Swin’s play was that at only 6’1” she was a relentless rebounder, and one of the toughest players I have ever watched. Congratulations to Swin Cash on a well-deserved honor.

Reaction Score
Swin, her husband Steve Canal and son Saint Cash Canal

Screenshot (14).png

Reaction Score
I remember watching Swin play in the WBCA All-America game at the Hartford Civic Center prior to her UConn Freshman year. Tamika Williams also played and was the number one ranked player coming out of high school that year. Of course they were both very young and I remember Swin dribbling the length of the court on one play. She looked skinny and all legs but she could handle the ball. Turned out to be a pretty good player. :) Always fun to watch like the time she grabbed a missed foul shot by the opponent and quickly put it up for 2 points.......for the other team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Swin = fierce

I recall Seattle playing a game, probably against Phoenix, in the playoffs. Seattle was down 15-20 fairly early and looked totally flat. Swin came in and battled and battled some more. She almost single-handedly cut the deficit to single digits. Her energy became contagious, and the Storm fought back. The Storm won, I believe on a buzzer-beater by Sue, but that shot was made possible only by Swin’s determination. The Storm went on to win the championship in near-record fashion.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Carl Adamec's take on Swin the warrior. Rennaisance women.

" During her time as a student-athlete at the University of Connecticut, Swin Cash was assigned a classroom project where she was an owner of a professional sports franchise.

“Now look at her,” former Huskies’ classmate and teammate Tamika (Williams) Jeter said Monday of Cash, the NBA New Orleans Pelicans’ vice president of basketball operations and team development.

“The thing about Swin is she always thought, ‘I can do better. I’m not only just as good, I’m better. How can I do more? How can I make an impact?’ It’s propelled her to do remarkable things. Sure, we’ve all had setbacks but she’s always been able to rebound and take that step forward. And as a friend she always wanted us to be successful in what we did. Nothing that Swin does surprises me. If something needs to get done, she’s going to make it happen.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Most interesting part

Keirsten Walters, Bird, and Aisha Jones had already committed as the early signing period of their senior season approached. Cash was deciding between UConn and Tennessee, while Tamika Williams had UConn, Dayton, and Ohio State among her finalists. When Cash became the fourth to commit to Auriemma, the fifth commit soon followed.

“That was it, because I was the closest to her,” Williams said. “I was holding on to my letter of intent and Swin was down to UConn and Tennessee. I thought she was going to go to Tennessee, no way she was going to UConn. But when she made that decision, for me it was a done deal.

“We wanted to out-do ‘The Meeks’ (Tennessee’s Chamique Holdsclaw, Tamika Catchings, Semeka Randall) and be part of something special.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom