Less than 2 weeks is going to change everything? | The Boneyard

Less than 2 weeks is going to change everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First, put down USF as a win. Just on emotion and a new QB. Crowd will be a big help just like Michigan. I think you can even look at Temple, SMU and Memphis as strong possibilities for wins.

But there is less than 2 weeks here. Why are people convinced that the entire offensive scheme is going to be revamped in 2 weeks?

Even if the plays were being "filtered", the basic scheme was Wesit's and it is not going to be changed in less than 2 weeks. The scheme was implemented last spring and over the summer. And if he boils the play book down to a dozen or so plays and simplifies it, by week 3 of his regime, opposing D's will be all over it.

More importantly, what is going to change on D? There are no changes to staff on that side of the ball. Maybe you run a more aggressive D but what really changes there?

4-4 is a reasonable expectation. Enough to be respectable but it is hard for me to see anything better than that. Throw in 1 or 2 injuries to starters, and 4-4 is a stretch. The team is very thin in terms of depth and talent. And that, as much as anything, falls on the recently departed PP and is his real shameful legacy for Uconn FB.

Reaction Score
I think we're looking at 4 wins from here on out, but that's not really what people are excited about. (I think).

We're excited about next year, and the year after, and the year after, and the fact we have something to look forward to. Potential with TJ, or potential with a new hire, but we have potential. We have a reason to be hopeful.

We didn't have that Sunday night, and didn't have a reason to be hopeful for a long time. Except for one guy on the left coast.

Reaction Score
Status quo was not going to work. We have lost to Towson and Buffalo. Yes it's only 2 weeks, but it will be a positive 2 weeks. We should at least get a glimpse of how much gdl screwed up the oline. I am not expecting perfection, I am looking for improvement.

Reaction Score
Change in attitude is going to be huge. It equates to a change in effort. A change in preparation. Can that be done in 2 weeks? Certainly.
2 weeks allows you to prepare for USF but also begin to open up to those pages in the playbook that you have not reviewed yet.

This week will be used to set us up for the rest of the season. I hope they use it wisely.

Reaction Score
I honestly don't think that we're going to change much in the way we game plan for offense and defense. We can switch up the run game, and go to a basic man over blocking I formation run game, that most of the players on offense are familiar with still from 2010, and I think we probably will throw that back in the mix, because it would probably fit best for the running game for the upperclassment we have out there on the offensive line and in the backfield, but Weist's experience that he was most vocal about in his speech yesterday as influential on who he is as a coach, was his time working with the harbaugh family and their connections through Western Kentucky in FCS football.

Knowing the offensive systems that Jack Harbaugh, and his Jim and John, have built, I think that having a multiple threat horizontal and vertical offense that very much involves spreading the offensive formations out, is what Weist will probably be working toward having, (as he has been since he got here).

But you cannot underestimate what the energy lift can do. We need to start with going 1-0 at homecoming. Nothing else can matter right now. They need to succeed there, for this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom