Lebron could learn something from Messiflo | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lebron could learn something from Messiflo

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The reason for this is simple. A foul in soccer is worth so much more than one in basketball. It's better to try and stop the basketball, while in soccer, it's better to draw a foul. Goals are so much more important than a couple of free throws, and free kicks and penalties are some of the most dangerous scoring opportunities you get.

Yes, certainly, goals are scarce. But the value of fouls in basketball is that the player is out after 5-6 (college/NBA) and fouls can alter how they play. The flopping in basketball is mostly to get teams or players in foul trouble.

I'd really love to see 2-3 yellow cards a game for people rolling around in fake agony over nothing. Or better yet, anyone who rolls around on the ground sits the next 2 minutes. They'd start bouncing right up, or often, wouldn't go down to begin with. Pee Wee soccer kids take harder kicks and don't go down.

Reaction Score
I don't agree with most of this thread, given what LeBron just did. But for the guy saying LeBron didn't flop this postseason:

The postseason was almost everything that happened in the Western Conference playoffs and it began for the Cavs in the NBA finals ;)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Messi is better at soccer than any other athlete is at their sport now that Michael Phelps isn't what he once was.

You know you can't leave him alone, he is tiny by comparison, you know pretty much what he is going to do and you still can't stop him. His ball control and passing are second only to his dribbling. Rooney or JVP in their day, CR7, Zlatan, Suarez, nor any of the Germans were ever close to what he is right now. I don't think any of the recent Brazilians can match him either. The guy has his own orbit.

Reaction Score
The postseason was almost everything that happened in the Western Conference playoffs and it began for the Cavs in the NBA finals ;)
West>East?
Well, at least you still have that.

Reaction Score
Cleveland's GDP is roughly 40% that of Argentina, so the whole "country" thing is a bit dramatic. Throw in that Cleveland has fans outside of Cleveland, and you probably have many more people vested in Cleveland sports than in the banana republic of Argentina.

You don't really believe this, do you?

Reaction Score
Messi is better at soccer than any other athlete is at their sport now that Michael Phelps isn't what he once was.

You know you can't leave him alone, he is tiny by comparison, you know pretty much what he is going to do and you still can't stop him. His ball control and passing are second only to his dribbling. Rooney or JVP in their day, CR7, Zlatan, Suarez, nor any of the Germans were ever close to what he is right now. I don't think any of the recent Brazilians can match him either. The guy has his own orbit.
He's at worst the second best soccer player ever. You must be forgetting about Usain Bolt though.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He's at worst the second best soccer player ever. You must be forgetting about Usain Bolt though.

Bolt is on PED's like Lance Armstrong was on PED's. You don't physically dominate at that level against guys who have tested positive for PED's, without being on the juice yourself.

Throw in a remote tiny nation whose pride is tied up in his exploits and that of his track mates and you don't even need a feather to knock me over on the idea that something serious is up.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Hmmm... Clayton Kershaw at the moment. But these things are short lived and ever changing. Most sports don't even have one guy who is clearly the best. For most of the last several years, people put Ronaldo right there with Messi, but not so much now.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Cleveland's GDP is roughly 40% that of Argentina, so the whole "country" thing is a bit dramatic. Throw in that Cleveland has fans outside of Cleveland, and you probably have many more people vested in Cleveland sports than in the banana republic of Argentina.

What does fandom have to do with GDP exactly?

Argentina - roughly 41 million
Cleveland - roughly 310, 000

And # of Messi fans worldwide >>>> # of LeBron fans.

It's not remotely close.

Reaction Score
Bolt is on PED's like Lance Armstrong was on PED's. You don't physically dominate at that level against guys who have tested positive for PED's, without being on the juice yourself.

Throw in a remote tiny nation whose pride is tied up in his exploits and that of his track mates and you don't even need a feather to knock me over on the idea that something serious is up.
You just brought up the most dominant person in sports and used Michael Phelps as your example. I bring up the most dominant person in sports and you say he doesn't count because you think he's on PED's because he's so dominant. This is mindnumbingly stupid on your part.

Reaction Score
This is mindnumbingly stupid on your part.
Do you have to add an insult to every online interaction you have? Have you ever had a mature interaction, without name calling? Have you ever been solidly punched in the mouth for being like that? It strikes me that you didn't get that lesson early on in life.

Reaction Score
Do you have to add an insult to every online interaction you have? Have you ever had a mature interaction, without name calling? Have you ever been solidly punched in the mouth for being like that? It strikes me that you didn't get that lesson early on in life.
A life lesson from Frank Ivy, the board's resident fake tough guy. I actually broke up a fight earlier today and explained the situation to cops so that nobody got arrested. . . . . .I'm against physical violence. There are a whole bunch of people I respect on this board, Frank Ivy is not one of them.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, Messi needs to work on his pure explosive strength.
Quite Frankly, Messi has worked with strength and conditioning coaches like Matt Balis as evidenced by his flexibility and stamina. Someone like Clyde Vaughan could have a profound impact on Messi's overall strength and post up game though. Quite frankly, there is always room for improvement even amongst the best players.

Reaction Score
.I'm against physical violence.
Like I said. You probably just needed one good punch to your face when you were younger and mouthy to give you some perspective. Of course, I'm not convinced you're not young.

Reaction Score
Like I said. You probably just needed one good punch to your face when you were younger and mouthy to give you some perspective. Of course, I'm not convinced you're not young.
Frank, the tough guy trolling act is lame and we can all see through it. Might be time for a new name again, please stop embarrassing yourself.

Reaction Score
Pound for pound, Lebron is a pu$$ey compared to Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom