Leaving points on board | The Boneyard

Leaving points on board

Reaction Score
The missed FG hurt in 2 respects. We needed those points as a boost. More, as we marched down before half down 21-0, Jimmy decides to go for 7.

Why - 3 leaves us 3 scores back. If, instead, he takes the 3 there, we go in 21-3. Then, even after missed PI late, we could have gone for a in FG, assuming it was 28-17. Now, if we’re down 11 instead, going for 3 makes it a 1 score game.

I get he had as much confidence in O as the rest of us, but I’m a big believer in taking points at every opportunity early as you never know.

Reaction Score
Good point. Taking 3 not a bad idea.....on Monday.
Coaches make decisions, and believe it is what is best for the team at the time. They realize, but care little what we Monday QB'S think..or at the least should NOT care what we think. Watched SMU go for 2 at the end of their bowl game.
It failed. If successful coach is the greatest.
It failed. I think if given the same situation he would go for it again.
I trust coach Mora's decision making over my Monday and Tuesday decision making choices.
I must admit it is fun to coach after the plays are over, fail or succeed.
What a great season for the Huskies. I enjoy the coaches on this site. All are truly Huskie supporters.
Go UConn.

Reaction Score
If we had taken and made all of the field goals our arm chair coaches wanted, we would have still lost. And making all those field goals is a big ask. We needed touchdowns, and our coaches wanted to win, not lose close. The coaches were right

Reaction Score
If we had taken and made all of the field goals our arm chair coaches wanted, we would have still lost. And making all those field goals is a big ask. We needed touchdowns, and our coaches wanted to win, not lose close. The coaches were right
For those old enough to have watched John Madden's games, he always said to take the points, so that's what "our coaches" may have meant.

Reaction Score
How about not handing them 2 touchdowns. We were gonna have to take chances at some point either way in the situation we were in.

Reaction Score
I'm a big fan of taking the zero off the scoreboard. Wanted us to kick the FG at the end of the first half. That zero is like carrying a SUV on your back. Take the three points. Besides, we were getting the ball to start the second half. A FG gives us a little momentum.

Going for the TD at that point was a very low percentage play. The best we could muster was a weak fade pass.

Pro27Sweep

Formerly 31GuardTrap
Reaction Score
I'm a big fan of taking the zero off the scoreboard. Wanted us to kick the FG at the end of the first half. That zero is like carrying a SUV on your back. Take the three points. Besides, we were getting the ball to start the second half. A FG gives us a little momentum.

Going for the TD at that point was a very low percentage play. The best we could muster was a weak fade pass.
It was definitely the play call for me. Bad in that spot (yes, bad in a lot of other spots as well). The missed FG may have played in to it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom