Lawlor & Pulido on Scholarship | The Boneyard

Lawlor & Pulido on Scholarship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another indication of Geno's greatness as a coach. He evaluates every player based on their contribution to the TEAM. There's more to it than just scoring, and rebounding. Effort is the key.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
This is outstanding news,and congratulations to both young ladies.In my opinion,with their hard work and loud support for their teammates,there is no one more deserving of this than these two.Hope they get some minutes this year,because they sure deserve it!

Reaction Score
WOW, great news on several levels. One, both of these young ladies worked their buts off and earned their scholarships. Two, no more labeling them as walk-ons. Three, for the rest of their lives they can tell their kids, grandkids and EVERYONE else that they were scholarship player's for the GREATEST College Basketball Program ever. Now, let the season begin.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I' m overjoyed for these young ladies and their parents. Looking forward to them cementing a spot in the UCONN record books for best winning percentage in UCONN history!

Reaction Score
image.jpg

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Now, after a boring lecture, either one of them ( if they're both in the class ) can say, "This session was worth what I have to pay for it!"

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Making this move and setting this precedent will definitely get the attention of any future UConn student who may be considering an attempt to be a walk-on for the women's basketball team. There is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow if she is successful at that.

For the immediate future, with Irwin and Bent committed, walk-ons probably won't be needed, but you can never be sure about that.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think this has happened at some point for every walk-on at Uconn who kept going, so it is fairly standard procedure. I think it is pretty standard everywhere that has available scholarships for junior and or senior years - and they usually come with the proviso that they will continue as long as the team does not need the scholarship in out years.

Reaction Score
I don't agree with everything Geno says or does--to ME some is just pure BS---but no one can argue that he is not compassionate or that he is not loyal.
Once again Geno has been both compassionate and loyal to those who are loyal to him and the program. This is just perfect to two young women who have earned the scholarships, the loyalty of fans, and our pure pleasure of watching them grown, in every way..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom