Lauren Engeln to transfer | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lauren Engeln to transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i can't imagine how you would have such inside info on either program. and maybe that's the point 1fan was trying to make. just because players leave that doesn't make the program disfunctional, whether you're talking about maryland, uconn, or louisville.

I'm no one special with no "inside information" but if you have a good relationship with your kids and they trust you, they will talk to you. There is not always a web link, to what kids share with other kids and what they share with their parents and coaches. You may even find it strange to know that kids from UConn are friends with kids from other programs. Here's one that you won't believe but is true, keep it between us though (parents of kids even post on message boards). Sshhh

Reaction Score
it may be about time to consider the possibility that the idea that players would rather sit the bench at uconn than actual play the game somewhere else doesn't apply to many young women. and once players begin to see others transfer, it becomes easier for them to also consider that possibility for themselves.

+1

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Better than Baylor? Absolutely not.

No one outside of Storrs could possibly believe that the Uconn frontcourt > Baylor frontcourt.

TC
Well lets see. Stef, Breanna, Kiah, Morgan. Now Baylor has Griner and shes a great player.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wish her the best as well. She seems like a nice kid.

Reaction Score
You can't infer things about a program just because someone transfers. Has anyone ever looked at the attrition rates of regular students at universities? These are young adults that are fickle and many of them decide after a year or two in college they may wish they had picked somewhere else. Only when its an athlete its a big deal but I see nothing wrong with it. Louisville has a ton of transfers has it hurt their program? We just had two transfers is anyone going to care? Students transfer schools just like adults switch jobs its not as uncommon as it used to be!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Well lets see. Stef, Breanna, Kiah, Morgan. Now Baylor has Griner and shes a great player.
Baylor's frontcourt is more than just Griner. You've conveniently forgotten Destiny Williams and Brooklyn Pope. Looking at UConn's roster, Kiah was inconsistent last year and Breanna & Morgan haven't played a second of college ball. Don't know how you could say they are better than players that won an undefeated national championship. Maybe they will be, but they certainly aren't now.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You know what BU has a great front court and I did forget about Destiny. Theyre really good. I like our better this season. It will be a great showdown at the U C campus

Reaction Score
Commenting on previous posters Lauren became ranked after her UConn commit she didn't drop as said, Geno from my experience on an unofficial visit doesn't discuss playing time and frowns on recruits that do.

Does anyone see a patern or a problem here?

The underlined correction is incorrect. Lauren was ranked 14th by ASGR and 39th by Blue Star prior to committing to UConn.

U

UCONNfan1

The underlined correction is incorrect. Lauren was ranked 14th by ASGR and 39th by Blue Star prior to committing to UConn.
Lauren was ranked #50 per Blue Star. I'm not sure where her final ranking was per ASGR, but I doubt very much it was it was 14th. I think there's a poster on here who has access to ASGR's rankings since they only publish their top 10 in each class for free.

She was 95 per HG. I can't imagine that ASGR had her in their top 15. I could be wrong, but I don't recall anyone having her rated that high.

Reaction Score
Lauren was indeed ranked 14th by ASGR. I keep my own record of rankings, but hopefully Cam's word is good enough for corroboration. Cam's post was made a month after Lauren committed. Those were her rankings prior to committing to UConn, which are the rankings being discussed going to back to my original post in this thread.

CamrnCrz1974

Posted: 05/05/09 8:01 pm ::: Reply
Madison Williams to Michigan State. She is ranked #53 by Hoopgurlz and 26th by ASGR.

Aaryn Ellenberg to Oklahoma (#17 per ASGR, #17 per Hoopgurlz,#26 per Blue Star).

Stefanie Dolson to UConn (#13 per Hoopgurlz, #12 per ASGR, #11 per Blue Star).

Michala Johnson to UConn (#19 per Hoopgurlz, #13 per ASGR, #19 per Blue Star).

Lauren Engeln to UConn (#14 per ASGR, #39 per Blue Star, not ranked in the top 60 by Hoopgurlz).

Odyssey Sims to Baylor (#9 per ASGR, #9 per Hoopgurlz, #2 per Blue Star)

Lauren was ranked #50 per Blue Star. I'm not sure where her final ranking was per ASGR, but I doubt very much it was it was 14th. I think there's a poster on here who has access to ASGR's rankings since they only publish their top 10 in each class for free.

She was 95 per HG. I can't imagine that ASGR had her in their top 15. I could be wrong, but I don't recall anyone having her rated that high.

U

UCONNfan1

Well, Scotter, I linked Blue Star's actual rankings from their official site/web page, but I guess the information they post on their website is wrong, while the info posted by Cam is accurate.

By the way, Dolson was 24 and Johnson 18 per Blue star. All sarcasm aside, it's possible that Cam got his information prior to the final rankings of the players. I assume his rankings were done earlier because he said Engeln was "not in the top 60" when in fact she was 95 per HG. So at the time he was posting, HG may have only listed their top 60.

Also, Dolson was #39 per HG, not 13.

Reaction Score
Yes, those rankings are prior to the final rankings. As I said in the post if you read it, or looked at the date stamp on Cam's post.

What you linked to was Blue Star's final rating. Great, but it has nothing to do with the rankings I was discussing in the post you replied to in order to challenge my facts. The topic being discussed was whether and where Lauren was ranked prior to committing to UConn. All sarcasm aside it seems if you just took a second to think you might find yourself on the right track.

Well, Scotter, i linked Blue Star's actual rankings from their official site/web page, but I guess the information they post on their website is wrong, while the info posted by Cam is accurate.

By the way, Dolson was 24 and Johnson 18 per Blue star. All sarcasm aside, it's possible that Cam got his information prior to the final rankings of the players.

Reaction Score
I'm glad to see that services outside of hoopgurlz is now recognized. I however was referring to hoopgurlz. 2009-10 Blue Star & ASGR made public their ranking of a kid after they had committed unless you had a subscription as it apears someone has or may say that they have. However I know for a fact that Lauren was NOT in hoopgurlz top 100 until after she committed and she was NOT the only player in 2010 whose ranking adjusted after their commit. Someone said she wasn't in the top 60, she wasn't in 60 or 100. So the point being made was that her rankings dropped after she committed, not so with hoopgurlz, so did she drop in the other services? ASGR, Blue Star, Premiere Scouting Report, Roundball Report, National Insider, Next Level Sports, CGSR, Scout.com or one of the others?

U

UCONNfan1

Yes, those rankings are prior to the final rankings. As I said in the post if you read it, or looked at the date stamp on Cam's post.

What you linked to was Blue Star's final rating. Great, but it has nothing to do with the rankings I was discussing in the post you replied to in order to challenge my facts. The topic being discussed was whether and where Lauren was ranked prior to committing to UConn. All sarcasm aside it seems if you just took a second to think you might find yourself on the right track.
What's up with the snark? Good grief. This place would be much nicer without posts like yours.

Reaction Score
Lauren's ranking with ASGR was 14th before she committed to UConn in subsequent rankings she was 38th and then finally 43rd
Lauren's ranking with Blue Star was 39th before she committed to UConn and then she was ranked 50th in their final rankings in the fall of 2009 after she committed to UConn.

As for Hoopgurlz we only know that she wasn't in their Top 60 before she committed to UConn, but we don't know if she would have been in their top 100. Their initial Top 100 for her recruiting class wasn't released until well after she committed, which is why HG isn't really relevant to discussing where Lauren was ranked prior to committing to UConn.

All of this fighting over facts kind of obscures my original response to Alex, which was that Lauren was well thought by at least some recruiting services and viewed as having significant potential at the time she committed to UConn. She had plenty of reason to think she could be in the main rotation at UConn when she committed.

I'm glad to see that services outside of hoopgurlz is now recognized. I however was referring to hoopgurlz. 2009-10 Blue Star & ASGR made public their ranking of a kid after they had committed unless you had a subscription as it apears someone has or may say that they have. However I know for a fact that Lauren was NOT in hoopgurlz top 100 until after she committed and she was NOT the only player in 2010 whose ranking adjusted after their commit. Someone said she wasn't in the top 60, she wasn't in 60 or 100. So the point being made was that her rankings dropped after she committed, not so with hoopgurlz, so did she drop in the other services? ASGR, Blue Star, Premiere Scouting Report, Roundball Report, National Insider, Next Level Sports, CGSR, Scout.com or one of the others?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I've written in the past about the issues surrounding kids sitting and not playing and now we have a piece of the answer. The sweet and talented kids who comprised the back of the bench have both decided to go elsewhere. Makes all the sense in the world to me. If they're real players, they want to play and the handwriting on the wall was self-evident. Remember. Lauren has been playing pick-up with the new kids for much of the summer and the prospect of little playing time must have been clear.

Best of Luck to a charming and talented young woman.

Reaction Score
And maybe it would be a nicer place if you weren't hoping for players to have bad injuries? Forgive me for finding some humor in a series of posts where you make a strong, although incorrect, challenge in your first paragraph only to back off in the second paragraph and admit you might be wrong. It doesn't seem that ridiculous to think you might be better off waiting a second to think and only posting the second paragraph. Much like your post hoping that Tancredi gets injured. If you had only posted those second paragraphs my responses would very likely include much less snark.
What's up with the snark? Good grief. This place would be much nicer without posts like yours.

Reaction Score
As for Hoopgurlz we only know that she wasn't in their Top 60 before she committed to UConn, but we don't know if she would have been in their top 100. Their initial Top 100 for her recruiting class wasn't released until well after she committed, which is why HG isn't really relevant to discussing where Lauren was ranked prior to committing to UConn.

That's actually incorrect. Hoopgurlz initial top had Chalisa Painter as #95,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer