Latest Bracketology | The Boneyard

Latest Bracketology

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Bracketology with Charlie Creme

I would take UConn's bracket without any complaints. Don't mind Florida St as a #2 seed. Texas is the toughest team in the Bracket.

Miss St and Baylor in the same Bracket. If they were in different brackets both would be favorites to get to the Final Four. Lousiville and So. Carolina as well as Notre Dame and Oregon in the same brackets are tough as well.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Another case of week SOS resulting in underated 2 seed baylor hurting the overall 2 Miss St. :(

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I don't get the Big 10 with 7 teams and their highest ranked teams are Maryland/tOSU at #4. To me, give some of the lesser conferences with better records a bid. Spread the wealth so to say instead of having 7 mediocre teams in a tournament that will not do anything. Think Quinnipiac as an example (yes, I know they represent the MAAC again this year but you get my point).
Do I care to see ANYONE after MD, OSU, Neb or Mich, no, just no! As it is they are all flawed teams who had a chance to prove, give someone else a chance.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Nice to see Nebraska making Creme's bracket. After a so-so start Nebraska is putting together a nice season and getting closer to the AP's top 25. The Huskers are 7-2 in conference and host Maryland on Super Bowl Sunday. Amy Williams is a good coach and we're beginning to see that.

Reaction Score
Bracketology with Charlie Creme

I would take UConn's bracket without any complaints. Don't mind Florida St as a #2 seed. Texas is the toughest team in the Bracket.

Miss St and Baylor in the same Bracket. If they were in different brackets both would be favorites to get to the Final Four. Lousiville and So. Carolina as well as Notre Dame and Oregon in the same brackets are tough as well.

Reaction Score
I agree that would be a favorable bracket for U Conn.
Any issues or difficulties we might have wont show up until the national semi-finals.
Bronx23

Reaction Score
I don't get the Big 10 with 7 teams and their highest ranked teams are Maryland/tOSU at #4. To me, give some of the lesser conferences with better records a bid. Spread the wealth so to say instead of having 7 mediocre teams in a tournament that will not do anything. Think Quinnipiac as an example (yes, I know they represent the MAAC again this year but you get my point).
Do I care to see ANYONE after MD, OSU, Neb or Mich, no, just no! As it is they are all flawed teams who had a chance to prove, give someone else a chance.
Could not agree more! BIG 10 is weak from top to bottom. Did Charlie Creme graduate from a BIG 10 school? Do his kids go to a BIG 10 school?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Iowa and Rutgers, despite their recent skids, have resumes that are undeniably bid-worthy based on whom they've beaten. Purdue, Nebraska, and Michigan State are quintessential bubble teams.

Quinnipiac was beaten convincingly by two of the Big Ten teams (Michigan State, Iowa) that you say should be left out. Spread the wealth is an alluring concept but the resume just isn't there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Out of 32 conferences, the Big Ten ranks #3 in RPI. The top 9 teams in the conference have winning records, and any one of those 9 teams is capable of knocking off another on any given night. I find it to be a very credible and interesting conference.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Iowa and Rutgers, despite their recent skids, have resumes that are undeniably bid-worthy based on whom they've beaten. Purdue, Nebraska, and Michigan State are quintessential bubble teams.

Quinnipiac was beaten convincingly by two of the Big Ten teams (Michigan State, Iowa) that you say should be left out. Spread the wealth is an alluring concept but the resume just isn't there.
Fair enough my well respected philosopher-but let me ask you this:

Which is more exciting/interesting to discuss- Mich St/Iowa/Purdue making it to the sweet 16 or Mercer/Quinnipiac type teams? None of them will win but hope that we give the little guy to me is what the tournament should be about. There's 64 teams so putting 5th place or lower in the tourney from Big10 (or insert whatever P5 conference) to me is a waste. They had a chance to prove they are elite and couldn't break into the top echelon of their conference. I am more about "larger invite" instead of the "exclusive invite", spread the wealth otherwise the rich get richer...

Do I really want to see 7 Big10, 7 ACC, 7 SEC, 7 PAC12 or 6 Big12 schools this year? Hell no, to me they all had a chance to earn their Tournament by winning their league or at least making it to the Semi-finals of their tournament.

Again, just one man's opinion...

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Out of 32 conferences, the Big Ten ranks #3 in RPI. The top 9 teams in the conference have winning records, and any one of those 9 teams is capable of knocking off another on any given night. I find it to be a very credible and interesting conference.
So because they have 8 teams all capable of beating one another but not able to beat any top 10-15 team in the country from other conferences, you think they should get 6, 7, 8 bids? We diverge on opinion. To me, parity stinks...the product is meh...

Reaction Score
I think nd would be a lock for FF with that bracket. I just don’t get that 2 seed for Oregon. They have gone 3-3 against ranked opponents, including losing to the only top ten ranked teams they played and splitting with Oregon State. The biggest thing they have done so far has been a loss to make Miss state overrated.

Reaction Score
I think nd would be a lock for FF with that bracket. I just don’t get that 2 seed for Oregon. They have gone 3-3 against ranked opponents, including losing to the only top ten ranked teams they played and splitting with Oregon State. The biggest thing they have done so far has been a loss to make Miss state overrated.
Where do you think Oregon should be seeded?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Fair enough my well respected philosopher-but let me ask you this:

Which is more exciting/interesting to discuss- Mich St/Iowa/Purdue making it to the sweet 16 or Mercer/Quinnipiac type teams? None of them will win but hope that we give the little guy to me is what the tournament should be about. There's 64 teams so putting 5th place or lower in the tourney from Big10 (or insert whatever P5 conference) to me is a waste. They had a chance to prove they are elite and couldn't break into the top echelon of their conference. I am more about "larger invite" instead of the "exclusive invite", spread the wealth otherwise the rich get richer...

Do I really want to see 7 Big10, 7 ACC, 7 SEC, 7 PAC12 or 6 Big12 schools this year? Hell no, to me they all had a chance to earn their Tournament by winning their league or at least making it to the Semi-finals of their tournament.

Again, just one man's opinion...
I personally find it exciting to watch the mid-majors get at-large bids and get their shot at the P5 schools in the Big Dance. But the committee isn't tasked with choosing the teams that I or anyone else find most exciting. Their job is to choose the best 32 at-large teams (based on achievements as of selection day) and to do so without bias based on conference affiliation.

And to be honest, I highly doubt that teams like Mercer and Quinnipiac would would fare better than Iowa or Michigan State if they were in the Big Ten.

If you want to advocate for a limit of 4 teams per conference in the NCAA tournament, that would be a major reform, but it would undoubtedly lessen the overall quality of the at-large field.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I personally find it exciting to watch the mid-majors get at-large bids and get their shot at the P5 schools in the Big Dance. But the committee isn't tasked with choosing the teams that I or anyone else find most exciting.

Then Damn it Plebe, we need to be appointed as a two man committtee, ok I will expand to 4, let’s invite Nan and Rocky as well! :rolleyes:

And to be honest, I highly doubt that teams like Mercer and Quinnipiac would would fare better than Iowa or Michigan State if they were in the Big Ten.

If that were the case, their budgets would be better with more support staff, video, full time trainers and first class travel! So yes, I do think they would Fair better :cool:
See embedded replies...:)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom