Late arriving fans | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Late arriving fans

Reaction Score
Has anyone else noticed or been bothered by how many fans arrive at our games late? The place looked half full about 10 minutes before tip and then people started pouring in. A good % got there 20-30 minutes after tip-off. It’s just frustrating to have view obstructed during big moments by people coming so late. This wasn’t a noon start, but 3 PM on the lightest traffic day of the week. Is it that hard to make it to a 3 PM game on time?!
I was late for the game. and I'm one that comes early and leaves late. I was thrown off by the start of the Uconn women's game which was 2pm and assumed the men's game would start at 4pm. I wonder if others made the same sloppy mistake.

Reaction Score
If you were angry about the timeliness of the crowd yesterday then you must be new. I couldn’t believe how packed it was at tip. Typically takes a while for the open seats to get filled but felt it was full at game time
I’m not new, I’ve gone to games for a long time. And you’re wrong. The place was roughly 60% ten minutes prior to tip and MAYBE 75-80% full by tip. In the 200 levels plenty of people were arriving at least 20 minutes late. During a big game I’d like to see the actual game, not rude people walking in front of me when they should be seated.

Reaction Score
XL was packed until last second. I’m not sure what people are crying about.
I didn’t see anyone leaving early but as I said, my section and a few upper level sections took a long time to fill up. I’ll chalk it up to the holiday promotion maybe selling seats for specific sections, hence a lot of casual fans there. Down below looked full, more serious fans sitting there I think.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was late for the game. and I'm one that comes early and leaves late. I was thrown off by the start of the Uconn women's game which was 2pm and assumed the men's game would start at 4pm. I wonder if others made the same sloppy mistake.

I would certainly hope not.

Reaction Score
XL was packed until last second. I’m not sure what people are crying about.
I’m not saying yesterday. But throughout the years my post stands true.

I saw tons of people leave the Shabazz buzzer beater game early.

Reaction Score
not rude people walking in front of me when they should be seated.

What section and row are you in? I’d certainly hope you or your family/friends never get up to use the restroom midgame. Or worse make me pass your money so you can shovel down a cotton candy. Same hypocritical nonsense and who gives a crap.

This fan base is unsurprisingly unreal. First sellout in 2 years and we immediately find something trivial to complain about. Ridiculous. Be happy we finally have a watchable product and people want to be a part of the ride again. Last 5 years have sucked, I’ll gladly uncram my 6’5 frame out of my seat if it means more sellouts.

Get off ten’s yard....

Reaction Score
Has anyone else noticed or been bothered by how many fans arrive at our games late? The place looked half full about 10 minutes before tip and then people started pouring in. A good % got there 20-30 minutes after tip-off. It’s just frustrating to have view obstructed during big moments by people coming so late. This wasn’t a noon start, but 3 PM on the lightest traffic day of the week. Is it that hard to make it to a 3 PM game on time?!
What an IDIOT... ahh what a LOSER

that’s you, son

Reaction Score
What section and row are you in? I’d certainly hope you or your family/friends never get up to use the restroom midgame. Or worse make me pass your money so you can shovel down a cotton candy. Same hypocritical nonsense and who gives a crap.

This fan base is unsurprisingly unreal. First sellout in 2 years and we immediately find something trivial to complain about. Ridiculous. Be happy we finally have a watchable product and people want to be a part of the ride again. Last 5 years have sucked, I’ll gladly uncram my 6’5 frame out of my seat if it means more sellouts.

Get off ten’s yard....
Do you not read what I wrote? I’m not talking about people leaving their seats during the game to use the restroom, get concessions etc. And I was in lesser seats than usual due to the holiday 3 game pack. This game just stood out to me as one where people came really late for a 3 PM game.

Reaction Score
Getting inside is insane. I had to lash into them them after they made me re enter thru the detector after it didn’t go off in the first place. Then they wanded me and later apologized. I said I didn’t care but they’re holding up the large lines.

Reaction Score
Do you not read what I wrote? I’m not talking about people leaving their seats during the game to use the restroom, get concessions etc. And I was in lesser seats than usual due to the holiday 3 game pack. This game just stood out to me as one where people came really late for a 3 PM game.

You’re complaining about people walking in front of you. As chief of seat police how are you differentiating people who are up for food/drink/bathroom vs someone who is arriving late? And don’t answer, it’s a rhetorical question to point out there’s no difference. You or your group ever gets up mid game to do one of those things and I could sit back and call you rude for disrupting my ability to watch the game as well. The only difference is I’m not a grumpy, “but I’m the important one” kind of person. Hence my calling you a hypocrite in my last post.

Reaction Score
People are late for a whole range of reasons - from you know, their lives to security taking forever...

I'll never understand though - why getting a 5 min. jump on traffic is more important than hanging around for the experience of taking in the last few moments of a really big game. I got to UConn games for the buzz of it - and that hit is always those late game situations. I can't see dropping the kind of coin you drop on these games and just bailing like that. Not my bag for sure.

Reaction Score
People are late for a whole range of reasons - from you know, their lives to security taking forever...

I'll never understand though - why getting a 5 min. jump on traffic is more important than hanging around for the experience of taking in the last few moments of a really big game. I got to UConn games for the buzz of it - and that hit is always those late game situations. I can't see dropping the kind of coin you drop on these games and just bailing like that. Not my bag for sure.
I’ll never understand leaving early during a close game. I can’t recall ever leaving early during blowout losses either and I witnessed my share of those for 4 years. People were leaving the Wichita State games in numbers with a few minutes to go. Forcing overtime and double OT was a blast to watch. We lost that one but that buzz you talk about was back and it was still a great time despite the loss.

Reaction Score
I’m not saying yesterday. But throughout the years my post stands true.

I saw tons of people leave the Shabazz buzzer beater game early.
I watched many arrive late and leave early over the years - never understood it. Used to love when people gave up and left - then we would go on a run - sending the game to OT or giving us the win.

Reaction Score
I’ve been to an NBA game and UConn hockey in Bridgeport recently and both in arenas you were required by security to wait in the entry until a stoppage in play. This keeps late arrivals or concession/restroom trips from obstructing views. As for once your in your seat, if the people in front of you stand you can’t help standing too.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

I didn't think it was that bad, but I'll give them a pass for Sunday. UConn has not been very good and this was the first sellout in some time. I'm sure Sunday is a light traffic day, but there was a logjam around the XL Center 45-60 minutes before the tip. Lots of contributing factors to misjudge timing for the season and single game ticket holder alike.

The concourse was also packed and each concession line was at least six deep right up to the lineip announcement. It took my son and I 20 minutes to get popcorn, a water, and a coffee in 3 different areas.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
My brother bought a ticket in the nosebleeds with the intention of grabbing one of the bar/table seats in the bar area by the Bear's station. He got to the XL as soon as the doors opened at 2 and he got the LAST AVAILABLE bar seat that faced the court! That's unheard of.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I was in 217. Right outside our section there are exits that apparently you're not supposed to use that face the garage. A couple people got out before security stepped in and then one bum rushed the security guard to force the door open. He then stood outside and yelled at the guard. Not relevant to the topic, but an amusing story.

Reaction Score
The security logjams remain a problem. When you only have two entrances open for 15k+ people there’s no way to get the rush of people in for tip.
Was at the game on Sunday. Doors was a small issue but not much more so than other sporting events. I think the main issue are the narrow hallways and every fan trying to get to their seats at the same time.

that being said it was mostly packed for the national anthem. By game time, mostly all seats were filled. My experience is this the norm for all sporting events including pros barring like playoff games.

I think people might get the wrong idea watching games like at Duke. Their student section stretches across all the front rows essentially, not just at the ends like UConn, so it appears on TV the place is fully packed at tip-off. Really though, would guess there’s still a good amount of seats empty in the upper decks (though purely a guess, never been to duke games

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom