Last play | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Last play

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
During the first 39 minutes all we do is give dumb fouls, and then in the crucial moment we DO need to foul we let him get his shot off with Gibbs guarding their PF and best player during the game. Unexcusable.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
InKembaITrust said:
Real disappointed in Ollie's coaching this game. So much disorganization and subbing patterns. Why is Gibbs even in the game on that last defensive set!?? Put Jalen in, a shut down defender who is 10x the defender Gibbs is. Need more defense offense subbing from Ollie. Good god so frustrating to watch. Also, if Hamilton doesn't have one heck of a tournament I highly suggest he reconsiders entering the draft.

Yeah I really shocked Jalen wasn't out there in place of Gibbs. Just not smart.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Lucky for KO there isn't a member of the horde that will even ask what the hell we were doing out there at the end

Reaction Score
You have a damn foul to give!!!!!!!!!!

Why is Adams not in the game after single handily bringing the team back.....

OLLIEEEEEEEEE!!!!??????????

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Ollie probably told Gibbs to foul but he forgot. He is just not a player. He played one game so far that was good.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Ollie probably told Gibbs to foul but he forgot. He is just not a player. He played one game so far that was good.

"Gibbs forgot to foul?"

God, that's stupid.

Reaction Score
This game wasn't lost in the last 3 seconds
No but the opportunity to win it in OT was....maybe Ollie was saving the foul to give for next month.

Reaction Score
You guys are arguing over the last play,..about weather to foul..,yes we should of fouled and let them take it out again..but this game was lost way before this. Too much talent over Temple, it should not come down to one play.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
"Gibbs forgot to foul?"

God, that's stupid.
Then why didn't he foul. Every boneyard member was screaming foul when he entered the lane so why didn't he foul. You tell me why Gibbs did not foul him, especially when his back was to the basket in the lane.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Then why didn't he foul. Every boneyard member was screaming foul when he entered the lane so why didn't he foul. You tell me why Gibbs did not foul him, especially when his back was to the basket in the lane.

You don't play basketball for that long and simply forget.

I also think the players tune out the screaming boneyarders - I would if I were them.

Reaction Score
it looked to me like gibbs did try to foul. live and on the initial replay, i saw gibbs doing a lot of grabbing on the drive. maybe when i rewatch it i'm wrong, i dunno.

but it's real easy to say "foul on the drive!", and it's a lot harder to actually foul a guy flying at you when you have a split second to do it before he throws a shot up, and when the refs are going to do everything in their power to not call a foul with <5 sec in a tight game.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Stairmaster, post: 1531208, member: 5260"]You don't play basketball for that long and simply forget.

I also think the players tune out the screaming boneyarders - I would if I were them.[/QUOTE]

By saying that every bone yard member was screaming for a foul, I was referring to the concept that every boneyard member knew what the right play was and not the actual screaming for the foul.

Reaction Score
to have a foul to give and not use it is just mind boggling. At least they would have chance to win in overtime....instead they give up the winning shot. Very poor coaching there. the game itself, was not a thing of beauty. too much standing around. the look befuddled too often and shoot too many questionable shots.

Reaction Score
Let's not say that Gibbs didn't play it okay though, he did fine. He stopped the dribble, made him switch to his strong side unfortunately but still got his hand in his face. He's not blocking shots so he did what he was asked to do, watch it. The problem is two fold. One they should have fouled before he switched to his left and 2 if it were Jalen he is longer and gets up he may have altered the shot.

Gibbs did fine, KO did not.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
This loss is inexcusable. This team, the coaching, the inconsistency. These are the games to make statements, not raise questions. If this performance happens vs SMU, BLOW OUT city. I just don't understand the thought process. How do you not foul them right away, make them set up another inbounds play, and take it to them. At the end of the day, this game shouldn't come down to one play. If this team wants to be a top level program, you don't lose these games. You come out make the statement, not in my house! This team has decent talent, not great and it is showing. I am growing tired of hoping to win these types of games, what happened to expecting to win? At what point do we begin to question offensive and defensive styles? Players adjust to what coaches tell them to during games, at what point do the coaches adjust their approach and see the pattern that what they worked on or are calling isn't working ? Fix this, stop all the one on one sets, it is sickening, you never know who will take the shot, the right shot when needed, when to pass, not to pass, etc... This isn't the NBA, please play like UCONN, STEP OUT ON THE COURT AND EXPECT TO WIN, NOT HOPE TO WIN!!! Last thing, I've always hated the XL CENTER, that place has never had any energy. I know it won't change anytime or if ever, but UCONN games belong at Gampel, not that graveyard called the XL Center. Ok, off my soapbox.... This loss does sting, I hope we can pull out the stinger soon.

Reaction Score
This is a coach who looks in over his head. The game is simply moving way too fast for him and he is not reacting quickly or correctly enough to much of anything going on out there.

I am in total shock over what is happening with this program right. The AAC regular season schedule is too tough for us right now. That is pretty scary because this is not a good league.

UConn getting screwed in the conference realignment musical chairs will not only hurt football, but in time it will relegate all programs to MAC & C-USA LEVEL this loss was awful.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
it shouldn't have come down to the last shot
Yeah they should have fouled but they should have taken a quick shot before and not be forced to play last shot defense - Omar and DHam were beat on the baseline all night and UConn NEVER stopped a last 3 second shot from the outside.
UConn had 0 fast break points and were beat to nearly every loose ball
IF JC was coaching DHam and Gibbs would have been sitting almost the entire game for lack of effort
This game was a mess all around - players and coaches
Four ex players on the bench and not one tells these guys they have 2 fouls to give?
Most everyone around me at the Civic Center expected to see a foul!!! And the attendance - another sore subject
I left that game speechless

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
UConn getting screwed in the conference realignment musical chairs will not only hurt football, but in time it will relegate all programs to MAC & C-USA LEVEL this loss was awful.
This is my nightmare.

Reaction Score
You guys are arguing over the last play,..about weather to foul..,yes we should of fouled and let them take it out again..but this game was lost way before this. Too much talent over Temple, it should not come down to one play.

Tie game, fouls to give, 4 seconds left.

Whatever happened earlier in the game. It's irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom