Last Play of Regulation | The Boneyard

Last Play of Regulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
What a design by Ollie. Couldn't have asked for a better opportunity. Would've become a staple highlight every March much like Valpo. Gotta give them credit for everything but making the shot.

Great opportunity and I really thought Bazz was going to win it on that shot.

Reaction Score
Oh man if that shot went in it would have been beyond realistic to think a novice inexperienced young coach could pull it off.

Reaction Score
Drawn up and executed so well that Bazz rushed the shot when he didn't have to. Tremendous job by KO.

Yes, he did. There was less than a second left. Did you want him to stop and pump fake to draw a foul after regulation ended

Reaction Score
Yes, he did. There was less than a second left. Did you want him to stop and pump fake to draw a foul after regulation ended

I disagree. He had time to set himself. I certainly don't blame him because it's impossible to know in the moment running full speed exactly how much time is left. But if you look at the replay he could have set himself and probably would have drawn a foul.

Great play by Ollie and good execution by the players. Only thing missing was the shot.

Reaction Score
That was pretty awesome. That would surpass what JC drew up for Rashard against U-DUB had the shot fallen. Talk about daggers. Roy was blowing kisses to the crowd a little to early.

Reaction Score
Can't really complain or second guess that play. It was drawn up well, and executed well, but the shot did not go in. A little rushed - but it was a good look for Bazz.

Having said that, I do not like to see the person bringing up the ball take a long range shot. I rather have a play where one second is allotted for a spot up shooter to take the pass from the dribbler. Otherwise the person bringing it up should simply go straight to the basket, if there is time on the clock. It is very difficult to shoot long range on the run. Of course anything can happen, so can't complain.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I disagree. He had time to set himself. I certainly don't blame him because it's impossible to know in the moment running full speed exactly how much time is left. But if you look at the replay he could have set himself and probably would have drawn a foul.

Great play by Ollie and good execution by the players. Only thing missing was the shot.

He also might have been blocked. Never know. Best to be sure to get the shot off imo.

Reaction Score

You answered your own disagreement.:)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The closest thing (and this is really picking nits) that I have to a complaint on that play is that I felt as it unravelled that bazz would have had a better chance of hitting the shot if he pulled up a few feet further from the hoop. This is nit-picking however as you are weighing a 32 foot pullup jump shot vs a 26 foot runner. Either would have been a specatular hit and neither is one to bet on.

Reaction Score
It seemed like we should have gotten the ball with 3.8 seconds. Shot clock expired with 3.8. How did we only get it with 1.9 or whatever it was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom