Lamb Traded To Thunder | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lamb Traded To Thunder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
this is a great situation for lamb...thabo is there as the starter for defense...and kmart will take hardens spot but kmarts contract runs out this year and if they let him go then lamb is the 6th man off the bench...im happy...i dont think this was good for the thunder but what else could they do...

Reaction Score
I think this is ideal for Jeremy. Guys don't fall through the cracks in an organization as well run as OKC. Jeremy is better in a supporting role and being around KD will be awesome for him. Good group of guys there.

Reaction Score
Thabeet and now Lamb? Plus a team that was easy to root for before they grabbed two UConn guys? The Thunder are my new favorite team.

C

Chief00

OKC GM has good relationship with KO - I assume he may have given him a call for input or discussed Lamb before the draft.

Reaction Score
Lamb has to play well regardless. He is clearly looked at as a developmental guy or Houston keeps him. Hope it works out for the best.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Being basically a throw-in in a trade is not a good sign a player, especially for a new lottery pick. Lamb is going to have to kick it up a notch.

Reaction Score
It's hard to blame players for taking more money, but Harden seriously walked over 4 million dollars? What a .
If you got a job offer that paid you 1.1 million dollars more a year for the next 4 years, you wouldn't take it? Based on fealty to your current job?

So, let's say that you're making a nice, comfy, 100,000 a year right now working at World Corp. Mega Corp offers you 1.2 million a year for the next 4 years. You don't take it because you're a good fit at World Corp.?

Or is your point that Harden is rich, he's already making a lot of money, so he should ignore the fact that he's being underpaid 4.4 f----ing million dollars over the next four years, and suck it up "for the team?"

I love the owner. What a genius. He's got his players believing they should all allow him to pay them less so they can "compete," which, of course, means that the owner makes even more money.

What a jaded world in which we live, when I read a man calling another man a "" for not passing up 4.4 million over 4 years so that some sports team somewhere can be marginally better and maybe win some trophy.

Reaction Score
There is clearly a bigger difference between 100,000 a year and 1.2 million a year then there is between 55 million and 60 million. Once you have a certain amount of money 5 million dollers becomes shockingly insignificant. Also where do you think Harden would have made more money off of endorsements, a Thunder team that will contend for the title for the next decade or a crappy Rocket team?

Reaction Score
There is clearly a bigger difference between 100,000 a year and 1.2 million a year then there is between 55 million and 60 million. Once you have a certain amount of money 5 million dollers becomes shockingly insignificant. Also where do you think Harden would have made more money off of endorsements, a Thunder team that will contend for the title for the next decade or a crappy Rocket team?

Why does everyone keep saying 4 million?. Its the difference between 4 yrs 55 and 5 years 80, which is what the rockets will sign him for. By my math that is 25 million guaranteed. Now you can question being willing to leave that team but the money is clear.

Its not 4 mil its 25mil. Please adjust your opinions accordingly...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Being basically a throw-in in a trade is not a good sign a player, especially for a new lottery pick. Lamb is going to have to kick it up a notch.
What makes you think he was a throw in here? From most accounts he has been incredible impressive so far.

Reaction Score
What makes you think he was a throw in here? From most accounts he has been incredible impressive so far.
Yea, I think of him as one of 3 first rounders the Thunder got out of this. I think they could have wanted any of the three Houston first rounders, and Houston would have given them up.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i think the thunder are going to do very well, they also got perry jones in the draft... i think lamb is going to learn a lot more at okc and do a lot better than in houston,

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I believe that personality wise this is a perfect situation of Lamb. He doesn't appear to be the type who demands the ball (or attention) and is most damaging when he is coming out of the shadows demonstrating that he is as good as those who want the spotlight at all times.

In three years people will say that Houston shouldn't have traded Lamb for Harden straight up.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I definitely sympathize for Jeremy from a personal perspective...20 years old, may have bought his first house that he now may have to sell, established relationships with coaching staff and teammates and has that all put in disarray

Reaction Score
No sympathy from me. He'll be getting even more females at the snap of a finger in Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
I definitely sympathize for Jeremy from a personal perspective...20 years old, may have bought his first house that he now may have to sell, established relationships with coaching staff and teammates and has that all put in disarray

My first impression was that he might be happy with this, but I think you're right. It appears he deleted his twitter account. I'm guessing that's not because he's so excited about this.

Reaction Score

I'd love to hear your reasoning for thinking Lamb is a throw in, it will likely be nonsensical but I'm all for it. Martin is a one year rental and the Thunder have no plans of resigning him, so the opportunity to be the SG of the future for the Thunder is there for the taking for Jeremy, I'm sure the Thunder wouldn't be so quick to trade Harden away if they didn't get immediate help now(Martin) and a potential replacement for the future. Wojo has already reported how Westbrook is impressed that GM Sam Presti strengthened the Thunder roster for the future with the drafting of PJIII and now acquiring Lamb.

Reaction Score
1st, to the guys saying Lamb may be bumming . . .

The guy goes from a non-playoff slophouse team to the freaking OK Thunder where he will play along side the 2nd best player in the league and an exciting Westbrook, and contend for a title for each of the next several years. Yeah. I'm sure selling that house he's lived in for 90 days and saying goodbye to the people he's known for 3 months is going to be a real heart break. :rolleyes:

2nd, I made the point that it shows how Jaded the world is when some dude calls a man he doesn't know a "" because he's going to take a different job and get paid 5 million more to do it.

You apparently think that you have made a horrorshow good response when you retort with, "5 million dollars becomes shockingly insignificant." Seriously man, how easy it is for you to piss away 5 million dollars of another man's money. Maybe he wants to fund a charity. Maybe he wants to donate money to a Shriner's hospital. 5 million dollars helps a lot of kids. Maybe he understands that his shelf life in the NBA might only be 10 years. Maybe he gets injured. Maybe he figures he'll live to 85, and he understands that that means he's got to fund 50 years of life after the NBA. Maybe he thinks he wants the highest possible standard of living. Maybe he wants to give his mother a 5 million dollar house. Maybe he likes to gamble. Maybe he wants to adopt 100 kids. Maybe he likes to roll around in gold coins at night - 5 million worth of them. Maybe he wants to be able to leave a charity when he dies and he wants to fund it the way he wants. Maybe he doesn't really give a rat's ass what a bunch of guys running around the court bouncing a ball playing a child's game do, win or lose, and he doesn't care much about trophy's and such. Maybe he looks at it purely as a job, and he, like everybody else, wants to be paid what he's worth.

Point is this, and it really doesn't matter whether the amount in question is 500 dollars, 5 million dollars, or 25 million dollars.

Who the ------ are you to call the man a for making a decision to keep the 5 million himself rather than let the team owner of the Thunder have it because, for whatever reason he decided, which you don't know, it's not worth the "team concept" to him to give it up?

I don't know much at all about Hardin, and I certainly wouldn't disparage the man for making what money he can while he can for whatever reason he chooses, but I know that calling him names for making his own decision because, "waaaah waaaah he's already got so much money and he should give up 5 mill" are truly the words of a .

Who do you think you are to judge him like that? To put your value on him, with your value being, "if you've got more than X dollars then you should give up 5 million to keep a team together with a chance to win."

Reaction Score
Presti is a genius. Traded an overrated bench player for Kevin Martin, essentially 2 lottery picks, another first and a second as well. Nifty move.

Kevin Martin is terrible have you watched him the past two seasons? Not the player he was a couple years ago and his defense will outweigh any positive production on offense. This trade comes down to how well Lamb plays and what the two first round picks turn out to be. And to call Harden overrated is laughable, guy had a bad finals but advanced stats say Harden was OKC's second most valuable player last year and his on/off court splits were the best on the team. Hard to bet against Presti because long term this could work out great but short term this will hurt the Thunder. Houston on the other hand with Harden, Asik, hopefully the same Lin that played in NY, young assets (Patterson, Morris, Jones, White, Parsons, Montiejunas), and tons of cap room is looking really good after this trade.

Reaction Score
I think that it will turn out to be a very good trade for Lamb- going from a team in transition to a team that hopes to achieve elite status. It's unfortunate that it comes so close to the beginning of the season, but Jeremy will be getting minutes on a very good team. This will only help his growth. I just don't see a downside in this for Lamb.

Reaction Score
Kevin Martin is terrible have you watched him the past two seasons? Not the player he was a couple years ago and his defense will outweigh any positive production on offense.
This board truly knows nothing about the NBA.

Martin in 2010-11:
23.5 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1 spg, 43.6% FG, 38.3% 3-pointers, 88.8% FT

And in 2011-12, when he was maybe 70% and Houston was tanking:
17.1 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 2.8 apg, 0.7 spg, 41.3% FG, 34.7% 3-pointers, 89.4% FT (in 31 mpg)

Martin is turning 30 in February, so it's not unreasonable to expect him to return to for this season. If he does, he's at most a marginal drop off from Harden.

And at the end of the day, he's only a one-year rental being brought in to be a third option. Combine that with Lamb and two potential mid-1st round picks, and that trade makes all the sense in the world for OKC.

Reaction Score
1st, to the guys saying Lamb may be bumming . . .

The guy goes from a non-playoff slophouse team to the freaking OK Thunder where he will play along side the 2nd best player in the league and an exciting Westbrook, and contend for a title for each of the next several years. Yeah. I'm sure selling that house he's lived in for 90 days and saying goodbye to the people he's known for 3 months is going to be a real heart break. :rolleyes:

2nd, I made the point that it shows how Jaded the world is when some dude calls a man he doesn't know a "" because he's going to take a different job and get paid 5 million more to do it.

You apparently think that you have made a horrorshow good response when you retort with, "5 million dollars becomes shockingly insignificant." Seriously man, how easy it is for you to piss away 5 million dollars of another man's money. Maybe he wants to fund a charity. Maybe he wants to donate money to a Shriner's hospital. 5 million dollars helps a lot of kids. Maybe he understands that his shelf life in the NBA might only be 10 years. Maybe he gets injured. Maybe he figures he'll live to 85, and he understands that that means he's got to fund 50 years of life after the NBA. Maybe he thinks he wants the highest possible standard of living. Maybe he wants to give his mother a 5 million dollar house. Maybe he likes to gamble. Maybe he wants to adopt 100 kids. Maybe he likes to roll around in gold coins at night - 5 million worth of them. Maybe he wants to be able to leave a charity when he dies and he wants to fund it the way he wants. Maybe he doesn't really give a rat's ass what a bunch of guys running around the court bouncing a ball playing a child's game do, win or lose, and he doesn't care much about trophy's and such. Maybe he looks at it purely as a job, and he, like everybody else, wants to be paid what he's worth.

Point is this, and it really doesn't matter whether the amount in question is 500 dollars, 5 million dollars, or 25 million dollars.

Who the ------ are you to call the man a for making a decision to keep the 5 million himself rather than let the team owner of the Thunder have it because, for whatever reason he decided, which you don't know, it's not worth the "team concept" to him to give it up?

I don't know much at all about Hardin, and I certainly wouldn't disparage the man for making what money he can while he can for whatever reason he chooses, but I know that calling him names for making his own decision because, "waaaah waaaah he's already got so much money and he should give up 5 mill" are truly the words of a .

Who do you think you are to judge him like that? To put your value on him, with your value being, "if you've got more than X dollars then you should give up 5 million to keep a team together with a chance to win."
First of all I never called him a I was simply making a counter argument and second 55 million dollers over 4 years is a lot of money.

Reaction Score
Here's a good read on how the trade went down. Lamb was not a "throw-in"...the Thunder asked for him from the get-go.
Linky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog