Laimbeer in NY? NOW the WNBA has a rivalry! | The Boneyard

Laimbeer in NY? NOW the WNBA has a rivalry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Surprised this wasn't posted yesterday (or I missed it).

Evil Bill is back, and in New York! New GM and coach of the New York Liberty, Bill Laimbeer

The Shock vs. Sun rivalry was great, but the geography left something missing IMO.

If he can work his magic on the Liberty, with the already built in Thibault-Laimbeer rivalry, this could be AWESOME!

It's what has been lacking in the WNBA IMO the last few years, a villain, someone that is a real rivalry game.

Welcome back Bill! GMs, hide your babies, cause Trader Bill is on the prowl.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
LINK

:cool:

I'm glad he's back....definitely makes things more interesting

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
He is very easy to hate and has been both as a player and coach, but he has also been very successful. I think this is a positive for the WNBA. I think he was the first NBA big name to become directly involved in a WNBA team, and it certainly helped that team and the image of the league.

Reaction Score
Surprised this wasn't posted yesterday (or I missed it).

Evil Bill is back, and in New York! New GM and coach of the New York Liberty, Bill Laimbeer

Welcome back Bill! GMs, hide your babies, cause Trader Bill is on the prowl.

Yes, you missed it. Our resident linkster/storybreaker, pap49cba, was all over this yesterday.

U

UCONNfan1

What was the issue with Lambier and Cash? IIRC she was pretty much run out of Detroit by him, and she went on to have a great career elsewhere...

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
He is very easy to hate and has been both as a player and coach, but he has also been very successful. I think this is a positive for the WNBA. I think he was the first NBA big name to become directly involved in a WNBA team, and it certainly helped that team and the image of the league.

Depends on what you mean by NBA big name...

D

dakotaboy

I'm glad he's back. He will make the Liberty a contender. Through the years Liberty management made a lot of mistakes, especially when they dealt away Hammon for nothing. I'm still scratching my head on that one.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
What was the issue with Lambier and Cash? IIRC she was pretty much run out of Detroit by him, and she went on to have a great career elsewhere...
They got along well at first, but then she started having some physical issues and the relationship went south. I think they won two titles together before she moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom