Lady Vols vs. Carson Newman | The Boneyard

Lady Vols vs. Carson Newman

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
It's hard to judge based on this game. From what I'm seeing the UT post players are racking it up but CN's tallest player at times is 5-11 or 6'0. So you would expect lob passes and layups. Graves is fantastic.

Lots of fouls called. For the Vols it's guard play. Missed 3's!

I think we will get a better feeling for the Vols when they travel to UNC.

U

UCONNfan1

51-17 and playing poorly? That's a smackdown of gargantuan proportions. Missed 3's does not mean the team is struggling.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
51-17 and playing poorly? That's a smackdown of gargantuan proportions.

Not really. They can point to two positives.

1. Large margin of victory (84), which is larger than average.
  2. Fewest points they have given up to CN in recent years.
However, CN was able to blow by defenders with surprising ease, then missed shot shots, or got blocked by Russell.

If Russell can save all of those, they'll be fine, but it was surprisingly easy to get open.

Edit:As I said earlier, if they win by 90, they could feel good about the game. They didn't reach that, but did do better than recent years, so maybe they won't be quite as bad as they've been over the last few years,

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Here is my take on the game. It was about what I expected for this type game. Carter showed why she was missed last year. Her hustle diving for loose balls her defense. Reynolds looked better than I expected. She is very athletic and vocal. She had 17 points in this game. Russell looked impressive 17 points 2 monster blocks. The team played a little better in the second have getting the running game going. In the game Friday night at MTSU will be a better challenge so we will know a little more then.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I saw both of Russell's blocks and they were emphatic. Izzy looked good.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
CN tried platooning, I assume to keep their players from running out of gas, but it didn't work.

LV's great from ft lines, 85% or so

Oh yeah, I knew I was missing something. Graves was a stud.

Reaction Score
Second half was better than the 1st as far as the offensive fluidity is concerned. We still have to improve our perimeter defense and adjust to the new rules. Excited for the WCBB season to begin this weekend:)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I really hope that Russell is as good as advertised. I was unimpressed the few times I saw her but that was for Team USA and in those games she barely got the ball passed to her. The guards on that team were shoot first and ask questions later.

Reaction Score
One of the things that impressed me about Russell was the fact that, when receiving the ball high, she simply shot the ball without the necessity to dribble once to set up. I have seen this from post players constantly and it seems to be the hardest bad habit to break.

Jim

Reaction Score
They are going to be really good. Man, I wish we could have snagged Russell.
The player that really impressed me was Reynolds. I know it was a weak team, but no way are there 40 frosh out there better than she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom