Lady Vols ready to beat ND! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lady Vols ready to beat ND!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The LVs are trying to reach the level of where ND already is as a team. The LVs aren't there yet. Yes the LVs have looked good and their D is much better. However the LVs are having problems scoring 65+ pts against good teams on a consistent basis. I don't see the LVs scoring over 55 pts against ND and I don't see the LVs keeping ND from scoring under 65 pts. The score I feel will be something like ND 73 LV 52.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I would expect a close one. ND was remarkably good once at pulling out tight games vs. us. If they carry that mindset today, they'll win.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Huge Game for both teams. Winner probably gets a big leg up for a #1 seed. Both play in tough conferences so this game might be a factor on deciding which gets the #1 seed.

Got to think the #1 seeds are South Carolina, UConn, Baylor. Too hard to predict who gets the last #1 seed as Lady Vols, ND, Louisville and a team from the PAC 12 are in the running.

Reaction Score
A. The series of ND's miracle last minute and overtime wins against UConn during the second half of the Diggins era was replete with ND players flopping and throwing themselves into UConn players which subsequently led to them living at the foul line. It was a strategy that worked, so hats off to them.

B. This is the 1st year in a while that Tennessee has a realistic chance to defeat ND. Whether they can pull it off on ND's floor is another story.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
In another post you seem to be agreeing with the Notre Dame flop being real and accurate. Then you seem to be suggesting it was someone's imagination. You can't have it both ways. There is no question that Notre Dame and particularly Skylar Duggins was an aggressive player who liked to charge into the heart of the defense but there were numerous times when she did, that she wasn't the fouled, she was the fouler. An appreciable amount of times lousy referee's rewarded their aggressiveness (and probably thought Skylar was cute) with bad calls that were blatant charges. A headlong dash, like a bull in a china shop, was awarded, not only with foul shots, but also putting key Huskies (and other opponents key players) in foul trouble. The combination made a huge difference in the very NARROW wins that Notre Dame was getting in that time and it also played into Huskie heads not to be too aggressive defensively, thus making Notre Dame's game more effective. This is not to say that Notre Dame wasn't and hasn't been good but that style really played to their favor as it has for the Duke men, who over the years have gotten away with more flops than lousy off Broadway producers.

Completetly agree Buzzyboy - Natalie Novosel in particular could have played fullback for the ND football team.

"Three yards and a cloud of dust"

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Can Tennessee take away either Turner or Lloyd from ND's offense?

Can ND's frontline contain Tennessee's bigs?

Can Tennessee get some balanced scoring?

Can ND get some balanced scoring?

The answer to these questions will determine the winner. My take is ND by 5.

Reaction Score
This Notre Dame "flops" stuff is from 2 years ago and we know from the Uconn game how resolute the officials were in preserving ND's winning streak. ND is "less effective" because it's players are not as good as they were last year. Whether ND can balance its over reliance on Loyd may well tell the tale of how far it goes in the NCAA tournament. That having been said, no matter where ND plays Tennessee, whether in South Bend, Knoxville or your local Boys and Girls Club, ND wins by no less than 15 points.
Not so: you can count at least three by Mabrey herself in the championship game last year. But its not all that bad, they are really comical.:p

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
54471277.jpg

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Wasn't going to happen today, TN bites the dust. Really nothing special in either team.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Wasn't going to happen today, TN bites the dust. Really nothing special in either team.
You don't think Jewell Lloyd is special? She put up 30 against UConn, 34 tonight, and 40 against DePaul. If UConn had her, Kia Nurse would be on the bench (with absolute certainty).

I think you are not being totally objective here.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
You don't think Jewell Lloyd is special? She put up 30 against UConn, 34 tonight, and 40 against DePaul. If UConn had her, Kia Nurse would be on the bench (with absolute certainty).

I think you are not being totally objective here.
Loyd is very very good, and likely she would put a UConn freshmen into a reserve role if she was on the team as a third Husky on the ESPN Watch list, but she would also not be taking 42% of the team's shots or posting her ND stats if she was on a team with the best players in the country who share the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom