Lady Vols ready to beat ND! | The Boneyard

Lady Vols ready to beat ND!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Can Tennessee win Monday at Notre Dame? Yes!

Reaction Score
Tennessee wins on a neutral court because ND is much less effective since the refs stopped allowing the flops.

However, the refs will not let ND lose this game at home.

Reaction Score
Tennessee wins on a neutral court because ND is much less effective since the refs stopped allowing the flops.

However, the refs will not let ND lose this game at home.

This Notre Dame "flops" stuff is from 2 years ago and we know from the Uconn game how resolute the officials were in preserving ND's winning streak. ND is "less effective" because it's players are not as good as they were last year. Whether ND can balance its over reliance on Loyd may well tell the tale of how far it goes in the NCAA tournament. That having been said, no matter where ND plays Tennessee, whether in South Bend, Knoxville or your local Boys and Girls Club, ND wins by no less than 15 points.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
ND's weakness inside, Turner notwithstanding, could be a pivotal factor, but with Tenn's guard play continuing to be mediocre at best (despite Muffet's remarks for the press) I see ND by 10.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
You do know that at home ND has only lost one game(to UCONN) in the last 35 or so games.
They also had a winning streak stoped at Miami. I see it as a even matchup.

Reaction Score
This should be an interesting game. If the LV's can pull off a big win up in
South Bend, it will give them a big lift mentally. They have improved and
from what I have seen lately, they are much better than a month ago.

This will be a big test for the LV's and should be a nice game to watch.

Reaction Score
Lady Vols are slowly and steadily improving.Look really good at times and average at other times.

Reaction Score
They also had a winning streak stoped at Miami. I see it as a even matchup.

You wouldn't be interested in wagering on the game without points by any chance, would you ?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Tennessee absolutely could win this game, though it will be tough in South Bend. I think ND will win by 3.

Reaction Score
This Notre Dame "flops" stuff is from 2 years ago and we know from the Uconn game how resolute the officials were in preserving ND's winning streak. ND is "less effective" because it's players are not as good as they were last year. Whether ND can balance its over reliance on Loyd may well tell the tale of how far it goes in the NCAA tournament. That having been said, no matter where ND plays Tennessee, whether in South Bend, Knoxville or your local Boys and Girls Club, ND wins by no less than 15 points.
Thanks for making my point. 2 years ago, ND was beating UConn fairly regularly with Diggins, Novosel and Mallory flopping all over the place. At the 2013 semi-final and the 2014 final, the refs took that away from ND and their goose was cooked.

Reaction Score
Thanks for making my point. 2 years ago, ND was beating UConn fairly regularly with Diggins, Novosel and Mallory flopping all over the place. At the 2013 semi-final and the 2014 final, the refs took that away from ND and their goose was cooked.

Notre Dame "flops" were a creature of the overactive imaginations of Uconn fans seeking to justify ND's success in defeating Uconn. ND players were fouled because they had the determination to take the ball to the basket. It was not the officials who decided the 2013 and 2014 NCAA tournament games between Uconn and ND - it was Breanna Stewart and a lock down Uconn defense.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame "flops" were a creature of the overactive imaginations of Uconn fans seeking to justify ND's success in defeating Uconn. ND players were fouled because they had the determination to take the ball to the basket. It was not the officials who decided the 2013 and 2014 NCAA tournament games between Uconn and ND - it was Breanna Stewart and a lock down Uconn defense.
I didn't say it was the only reason UConn won. But why do you suppose they were known as the "Flopping Irish"?

It appears I've hit a nerve with someone who favors the floppers. Sorry about that.

Reaction Score
Voles ??? What's all this hubbub about Lady Voles ? Nasty little vermin. My farm once had to endure an infestation of those mouse-like rodents, and until they were exterminated I never knew a moments peace.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Voles ??? What's all this hubbub about Lady Voles ? Nasty little vermin. My farm once had to endure an infestation of those mouse-like rodents, and until they were exterminated I never knew a moments peace.
How did you exterminate them?

Reaction Score
Tennessee struggles on the offensive end but plays pretty good defense so I think the game will be relatively low scoring. If Tennessee can hold its own inside, play tough defense and contain Loyd, and at least make a few jump shots then they have a good chance at beating ND.

Reaction Score
In another post you seem to be agreeing with the Notre Dame flop being real and accurate. Then you seem to be suggesting it was someone's imagination. You can't have it both ways. There is no question that Notre Dame and particularly Skylar Duggins was an aggressive player who liked to charge into the heart of the defense but there were numerous times when she did, that she wasn't the fouled, she was the fouler. An appreciable amount of times lousy referee's rewarded their aggressiveness (and probably thought Skylar was cute) with bad calls that were blatant charges. A headlong dash, like a bull in a china shop, was awarded, not only with foul shots, but also putting key Huskies (and other opponents key players) in foul trouble. The combination made a huge difference in the very NARROW wins that Notre Dame was getting in that time and it also played into Huskie heads not to be too aggressive defensively, thus making Notre Dame's game more effective. This is not to say that Notre Dame wasn't and hasn't been good but that style really played to their favor as it has for the Duke men, who over the years have gotten away with more flops than lousy off Broadway producers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom