Kwintin Williams Commits to UConn! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kwintin Williams Commits to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While a very unorthodox player, he has a nice blend of strength, athleticism and agility. It looks like he plays hard as well. I am very happy with this pick up, especially this late. If he stays healthy and eligible, it's easy to see him being an impact player by next season. Lots of upside if he is willing to work hard in refining his game.

Best program related news in a while in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Said fans every year abiut Rickie Moore and Taliek when they laced them up for UConn.

I have a feeling CV starts.

Ricky and Taliek were pure point guards as is Gilbert so your point actually works better for him. Vital is a shooting guard.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What don't you like about him?

You didn't ask me, but he's at JUCO for a reason. It's funny nobody is high on Cobb, who played a year in the SEC and at JUCO. I'd say Cobb gets more minutes, and it's unlikely this kid beats out Diarra for minutes, or even Carlton. Plus we have a grad transfer from Cornell at C. Did everyone forget? That's not a knock. He's a project athlete that has a lot of potential. But we now have what, seven guys who play the 4 or 5, not counting Larrier.

Reaction Score
You didn't ask me, but he's at JUCO for a reason. It's funny nobody is high on Cobb, who played a year in the SEC and at JUCO. I'd say Cobb gets more minutes, and it's unlikely this kid beats out Diarra for minutes, or even Carlton. Plus we have a grad transfer from Cornell at C. Did everyone forget? That's not a knock. He's a project athlete that has a lot of potential. But we now have what, seven guys who play the 4 or 5, not counting Larrier.
I don't think Larrier is play the 4 now. I think it will be this guy and Diarra. No is going for big athlete who can rebound there. Carlton and Whatley might not see the floor much.

Reaction Score
literally 0 chance vital starts over alterique.

You're seriously undervaluing Vital and overselling Gilbert based on nothing but his high school credentials. Vital has proven himself and is 6'2 and a shooting guard who can play off the ball that fits with Jalen better. Gilbert is coming off major surgery and requires the ball in his hand a lot to be effective which he won't be able to do with Jalen being alpha dog next year.

I like Gilbert but he's a big question mark at this point. He needs to show he can play off the ball like Vital and defend. There is no reason to rush the guy when Vital is a proven player.

PS: Kwin is no 12th man on this roster. This isn't UCONN 2006 roster. For me with his elite athleticism and size/strength he is our starting 4 man no question about it. Kwin is a huge boost to our team. People have to guard him or he will dunk and rebound all over them. He can be our Gary Clarke neutralizer.

Reaction Score
He was at a JUCO because of grades. Anyways, you sound like someone who has seen all these guys play a lot of basketball.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
What don't you like about him?
His lack of any skill besides jumping high. Maybe he'll be a solid player as a senior, but he's easily the rawest player on the team. As of right now, he's a professional dunker, not a basketball player (yet).

Reaction Score
You're seriously undervaluing Vital and overselling Gilbert based on nothing but his high school credentials. Vital has proven himself and is 6'2 and a shooting guard who can play off the ball that fits with Jalen better. Gilbert is coming off major surgery and requires the ball in his hand a lot to be effective which he won't be able to do with Jalen being alpha dog next year.

I like Gilbert but he's a big question mark at this point. He needs to show he can play off the ball like Vital and defend. There is no reason to rush the guy when Vital is a proven player.

PS: Kwin is no 12th man on this roster. This isn't UConn 2006 roster. For me with his elite athleticism and size/strength he is our starting 4 man no question about it. Kwin is a huge boost to our team. People have to guard him or he will dunk and rebound all over them. He can be our Gary Clarke neutralizer.
AG, although only playing in 3 games, showed us how good of a player he can be. He is a Boat clone with potential to be a better playmaker. Kid is gonna be a stud if he can get through these injuries somewhat problem free. Nothing against CV because he seriously exceeded all expectations and then some, but AG has the ability to just be on another level, in my opinion.

Reaction Score

PS: Kwin is no 12th man on this roster. This isn't UConn 2006 roster. For me with his elite athleticism and size/strength he is our starting 4 man no question about it. Kwin is a huge boost to our team. People have to guard him or he will dunk and rebound all over them. He can be our Gary Clarke neutralizer.
i don't like this argument cause it requires me bashing vital. love the kid. but he was a solid 6th man on a 16-17 team. he will continue to get better and will be/is a hell of a guard for us. but alterique has star power. he showed it in the minimal time he played last year. was a mcdonalds AA for a reason. but you are right, proof is in the pudding and CV got more pudding right now. potential is just potential. i just really feel like our only shot at being march-relevant next year is if jalen, alterique, and larrier are bonifide, first team conference-esque studs. plus 2 point guards seems to work for us..

Reaction Score
His lack of any skill besides jumping high. Maybe he'll be a solid player as a senior, but he's easily the rawest player on the team. As of right now, he's a professional dunker, not a basketball player (yet).

Please share the extensive footage you've watched to draw these conclusions.
Williams could've been playing in the Big 12, ACC, and Pac12, besides the offer from UConn.

Let these kids actually wear the jersey before you spout off on their limitations.

Reaction Score
How do you know this? Oregon doesn't tend to offer basketball scholarships to guys who aren't basketball players.

Reaction Score
A reasonably prudent person could make an argument that the University of Connecticut just added to their roster the best "Slam Dunker" (thanks Chick Hearn) not just in the United States of America but the entire Universe. The Universe is pretty all encompassing the last I checked.

With this in mind I am going to simply enjoy for the moment this addition to our roster. To have the best "Slam Dunker" that has ever walked the face of the earth adds needed excitement that this fan was craving.

I know this kids goal is to take a penny off the top of the backboard. That is worth paying to see.

Maravillosa!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

You are the craziest MF-er here.

You're on the fence about Gilbert, but you're guaranteeing a starting gig for a JUCO no one had ever heard of 48 hours ago.

Take a breath.

Reaction Score
Solid get this late in the year, you can't teach athleticism, and this kid has got that with capital A. I can't wait for some Sticks-esque dunks this season. It's also been awhile since we've had someone who could jump on the offensive end to give us some 2nd chances. Hope Ollie and Chill are hunting for one more player for this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom