Kolek out for the next two games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kolek out for the next two games

Reaction Score
I wouldn't bet on Marquette to beat anyone without Kolek. With the right match up maybe. But I think both our teams that lost to New Mexico State and Maryland would beat Marquette without Kolek.... and neither of those teams won a game in the tournament.
I guess we just disagree. But yeah, if a team plays as well against Marquette as New Mexico State played against us, Marquette will lose. Most every team in the field will lose to a team playing like that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They crapped the bed last year with a subpar Kolek. Why wouldn't it be the same without him completely.

Reaction Score
Hope he’s ok. But that doesn’t suck for us.
They played very well without him and oso Saturday. I think this ultimately improves their tournament potential with valuable minutes to deepen bench. Would be thrilled to receive to run into them in final 4.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure our spot in the NCAAs is locked in no matter what happens at Marquette.
We are east 1, Houston south 1, purdue midwest 1

West In Arizona and Tennessee 12 or 21

North Carolina will be the 2 in our bracket

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If losing by 14 is competitive, Georgetown had a really competitive season.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
One possession game with 4 and half minutes left is competitive, unless I’m missing something about how numbers work
I would never lose by 14 and say I competed well. But that’s just me.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Do you think they can win a tournament game without him? I don't.
They definitely can beat tournament level teams without Kolek. Not to mention they’ll be playing a 14 or 15 seed in the first round.

You don’t think they could beat St. John’s or Providence without kolek?

They literally just went toe to toe with a projected 3 seed on the road.

Reaction Score
did you see their game against Creighton? We are gonna have our hands full bud.
Creighton went 1/11 from 3 to start the second half. As soon as they started hitting shots they blew them out.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
And lost by 14. I don't think they are a threat to go anywhere in the tournament without him.
So losing by 14 (or more) against Creighton, in Omaha is an indication that a team won't be able to go anywhere in the tournament?

If true, we may as well find something else to keep us entertained over the next few weeks.

Reaction Score
Unless it is a very mild strain, I don't think they will have a choice. 2 weeks is the minimum I see from my watching baseball days. The absolute best case for them right now is probably the NCAA tournament and that could even be dicey. I don't care for the kid (or marquette for that matter) but I don't like seeing players losing time at the part of the year they all live for. That is really tough.
His last game was last Wednesday against PC. He's already been sitting out before Creighton, so hopefully that gives him a little more of a runway. If they hold him out this week and then the BET, that's almost 3 weeks before the NCAAs, and if they get placed in a Friday-Sunday region it'll be a little over that. Gives them a chance to get him back...

Just sucks for Marquette and the BE in general. Also, the BE isn't all that good this year and I'd like us to be playing the best teams at full strength to really be testing ourselves.

Reaction Score
I do. They definitely won't win six without him though.
And two will be dicey, too. They probably aren't landing at a 2-seed anymore: more like a 3 or 4, and those first games are tricky and the second games are difficult.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Awwww. You hate to see it.

Reaction Score
I think you are comically underrating Marquette and potentially setting yourself up for disappointment in two days.
I meant in NCAA tournament. On a nuetral court. Not against us at home. But you are right. I could have some egg on my face in a couple days. We will see.

Reaction Score
Injuries are part of the game. We've had them.

Marquette is also pretty freaking good and they have a great coach - they're gonna sort this out.
We've actually been decimated by injuries in the Ollie/early DH years.

Reaction Score
A big mistake if we think we can mail it in on Wed. Bad luck for Kolek but get him ready for the Big Dance. Would be awesome to play the Golden Eagles in FF to finally settle the score.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Where do the dimes come from without Tyler? That’s what Danny’s thinking about tonight

Reaction Score
A big mistake if we think we can mail it in on Wed. Bad luck for Kolek but get him ready for the Big Dance. Would be awesome to play the Golden Eagles in FF to finally settle the score.
Bro. No one is mailing it on Wednesday and NO THANK YOU playing any BIG EAST team in the Final Four. These teams know each other so well.

Danny and the boys out of conference on a neutral court?? I like our chances

Reaction Score
Be careful what you wish for here. There’s no denying how good Kolek is but watching that Creighton game which he didn’t play in they were still really good. Chip on the shoulder for some guys off the bench, very dangerous especially at home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom