Kofi Final 5 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Kofi Final 5

Reaction Score
You are just a bundle of positivity in every thread, huh?
He’s literally a Pitt fan only on here to troll us.
I went to UConn for my bachelors and masters. I donate to the school. I worked as an academic tutor for athletic department. I love UConn more than anything in this world. I donate. I’m not a Pitt fan. It just sucks we always have to be pro UConn on here or I’m a troll. I say Kofi should choose Kansas Bc they have a proven big men pipeline to the NBA and I’m a troll? These are just kids. I want to see kids make it to the NBA. I want him to come to UConn so bad. I just was stating an opinion. Our society sucks Bc if we don’t agree with eachother then we are just enemies. Go ahead and delete my account if I’m a troll.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This whole “paying” thing is annoying. It’s really not that common. If I’m a kid I choose Big 12 over AAC. Period. We aren’t at Kansas level currently. But that’s his choice. The whole “payroll” concept just isn’t really that applicable to this situation.

No, it's actually quite common (from a guy who went to an SEC school and happened to be friends with a few football/basketball players).

When you're referring to common, you're thinking of that which you know about. Not everything that doesn't get reported or is behind the scenes.

Here's a nice tidy summary from CL of what we know about KU--and there's a lot more where this came from):

Kofi Final 5

Reaction Score
No, it's actually quite common (from a guy who went to an SEC school and happened to be friends with a few football/basketball players).

When you're referring to common, you're thinking of that which you know about. Not everything that doesn't get reported or is behind the scenes.
Yeah I agree with you. I just think with the NCAA microscope so high now it might not be that common anymore. At least for the next year or two

Reaction Score
You're either a troll or just an incredibly miserable fan. UConn is named one of four locations for the NCAA youth development camp and your response is they should have chosen BC or Georgetown over UConn, you give no reason for this...People who know a lot more about Kofi's recruitment than you have told you we lead bigtime and you continue to post over and over that we won't get him and that you would pick other schools over UConn.

Please stop s^^t posting.
Troll.

Reaction Score
I said Georgetown Bc it would be East and include the DMV area. I said Boston College Bc it would be closer to an airport and I was just spit balling. I wasn’t trying to be a s*** poster. Just because I’m not pro UConn all the time doesn’t mean I don’t love the school. The NCAA practically excluded the Southeast by choosing Houston And the DMV area by choosing UConn . As for Kofi I have no clue where he’s going nor do I have any info. In my opinion I would chose Kansas if he’s just trying to go pro. Don’t call me a s*** poster for having different opinions. I’m not a troll. It’s astounding how we always have to prop UConn up on this pedestal instead of living in reality of where we really are. It’s not the early 2010s anymore

There's a difference between different opinions and just dumb. Talking about excluding the DMV area when there are just going to be four spots for the entire country is not a different opinion. See if you can figure out what the other option is.

Reaction Score
There's a difference between different opinions and just dumb. Talking about excluding the DMV area when there are just going to be four spots for the entire country is not a different opinion. See if you can figure out what the other option is.
Ok I’m sorry

Reaction Score
Sheesh this fan base has severe PTSD. Recruiting against the big guys like a Kansas is where we should be. Our problem has been that we were fighting with Texas tech and Rutgers for recruits. That’s why our roster talent is where it is. So for all of the fans that aren’t comfortable going up against the powers of Cbb for recruits get used to it. Because Danny didn’t come here to to recruit at an URI level. If Penny can coach a lick Memphis will continue to get top guys. We need to stay up to par. It’s time to stop settling. We’re UConn goddamitt!! Give me Kofi and Precious. It’s ok to believe again. In the words of Jay Bilas. “The question isn’t if UConn belongs with the blue bloods, the question is if the blue bloods belong with UConn.”

Reaction Score
Sheesh this fan base has severe PTSD. Recruiting against the big guys like a Kansas is where we should be. Our problem has been that we were fighting with Texas tech and Rutgers for recruits. That’s why our roster talent is where it is. So for all of the fans that aren’t comfortable going up against the powers of Cbb for recruits get used to it. Because Danny didn’t come here to to recruit at an URI level. If Penny can coach a lick Memphis will continue to get top guys. We need to stay up to par. It’s time to stop settling. We’re UConn goddamitt!! Give me Kofi and Precious. It’s ok to believe again. In the words of Jay Bilas. “The question isn’t if UConn belongs with the blue bloods, the question is if the blue bloods belong with UConn.”
Big facts

Reaction Score

Pitt in for 2nd time this week. Kimani will attend tonight

unless Capel starts throwing $ around, I cannot see Kofi going to Pitt. They have 0 recruits for next season...0!

Reaction Score
unless Capel starts throwing $ around, I cannot see Kofi going to Pitt. They have 0 recruits for next season...0!
Kofi hasn’t been really outspoken about Pitt at all. Hasn’t even set a date yet. So I agree with you. They have a better shot with Karim Coulibaly. But hey, they have zero recruits so they are going all in. This seasons performance in ACC play won’t do them any favors.

Reaction Score
I said Georgetown Bc it would be East and include the DMV area. I said Boston College Bc it would be closer to an airport and I was just spit balling. I wasn’t trying to be a s*** poster. Just because I’m not pro UConn all the time doesn’t mean I don’t love the school. The NCAA practically excluded the Southeast by choosing Houston And the DMV area by choosing UConn . As for Kofi I have no clue where he’s going nor do I have any info. In my opinion I would chose Kansas if he’s just trying to go pro. Don’t call me a s*** poster for having different opinions. I’m not a troll. It’s astounding how we always have to prop UConn up on this pedestal instead of living in reality of where we really are. It’s not the early 2010s anymore

You ever driven from Logan to Chestnut Hill?

Bradley to Storrs is not much of a difference.

Reaction Score

That is part of the reason why having Bouknight, Gaffney, and Akok in the fold is so helpful already. Hurley can point to them and say join them to come change the position of UConn basketball, whereas Capel has nothing to show.

Reaction Score
I knew Pitt had missed out on some guys, like Walker and Akok, but I didn’t realize they had 0 commits. How many spots do they have open? Didn’t two guys just leave, too?

Reaction Score
I knew Pitt had missed out on some guys, like Walker and Akok, but I didn’t realize they had 0 commits. How many spots do they have open? Didn’t two guys just leave, too?
They now have 5 spots open for next year.

Reaction Score

NOW, I know why most here are so hot for Kofi.
These three clips: dunk, short jumper and that great pass while triple teamed would seem to indicate Kofi could start for us any day he arrives. The only other clip I recall is one where Akok blocks his shot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom