Kofi cuts to 8 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kofi cuts to 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
11 sweet 16s
8 elite 8s
5 final 4s

They aremore like Kentucky than USF. They aren't on Kentucky level but you only gave 2 options. They are probably more like a Maryland level school

The Maryland comparison is fair, but I still think they're more USF than Kentucky, particularly when you focus on the past decade.

Last NCAA Appearance:
Illinois: 2013 (Round of 32)
USF: 2012 (Round of 32)

Reaction Score
Illinois has a final 4 and a nearly regular season undefeated season in the last 20 years. People underrate their program

They are more like Kentucky than USF
Maryland wishes historically they were at this level. They have 2 Final Fours in the early 2000s and 4 Elite Eight appearances. I think Hawk is really selling Illinois short here.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Maryland wishes historically they were at this level. They have 2 Final Fours in the early 2000s and 4 Elite Eight appearances. I think Hawk is really selling Illinois short here.
Yeah but how old were those kids? We have two NC and two conference tournament titles since 2011

Reaction Score
Did he really officially cut IL or just a little B Y humor?

Reaction Score
Illinois was good in 05 when they had deron Williams and Kiwane garris and Luther head. Back then they were more like Kentucky. Now they are more like USF.
People comparing Illinois to USF based off the last decade may as well start comparing UConn to UTEP if we don't make it past the first weekend in the next two years. The two programs aren't even remotely on the same level. Illinois has as many Final Fours as we do. They have as many Final Fours as Georgetown, Villanova, Florida, Houston, and Oklahoma. They have more than Arizona.

USF has made the tournament 3 times in their history.

Stop with the stupidity. I may not be overly worried about Illinois in the CB sweepstakes, but that doesn't mean I have to be ignorant of basketball history. Kendall Gill, Kenny Battle, and the Flyin' Illini were awesome. Also, even though they've been in a down cycle, they still made more tournaments since 2005 than USF has ever, and made more S16 since 2005 (1) than USF ever has.

Reaction Score
Id love to have a kid this size bullying people in the post the next couple years. I love guys like Kofi. Not a one and done but likely a two or 3 year guy which is always fun to watch them grow. Hope he comes here. Its so weird to see guys that we want committing. We`ve had so many swing and misses the last few years ive forgotten how great this. Hurley has come out the corner swinging hard. He is not playing around.

Reaction Score
Why? What's he gonna do? You seem afraid, should I be afraid? Is he going to break my message board knee caps? Oh no, has he become omniscient?

New thought. Rename The Boneyard? The BoneChief? The ChiefYard? Chief Yardflood? Chief and the Boneheads?
After others shared on the board what his track record was at URI, the man.., no. The legend. Has successfully predicted that Hurley would follow the same recruiting strategy he did at URI; and achieve similar results. Obviously we have him to thank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom