Kofi Cockburn visiting 6/29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We bring out ole Chucky Okwuandu next time and we got this puppy sealed up

C

Chief00

Class of 2019 standouts Jalen Gaffney, Kofi Cockburn visit UConn | Zagsblog

Amazing - I love the part how they showed Kofi sets on film - how they would get him the ball. That was the knock on UConn the last few years with Bigs - that they never got them the ball. KO and GM were both tone death about that. They would try to run plays getting the ball in to Brimah early in the game - but after that would result in turnovers - no Bigs would ever see the ball again. That’s a big reason why Steve left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Class of 2019 standouts Jalen Gaffney, Kofi Cockburn visit UConn | Zagsblog

Amazing - I love the part how they showed Kofi sets on film - how they would get him the ball. That was the knock on UConn the last few years with Bigs - that they never got them the ball. KO and GM were both tone death about that. They would try to run plays getting the ball in to Brimah early in the game - but after that would result in turnovers - no Bigs would ever see the ball again. That’s a big reason why Steve left.

Or is it just a knock on not having a big they wanted to get the ball? Lol

Nonetheless love the fact they have the focus on showing him how rather than just walking around the campus showing off banners. This staff does have their Stuff together.

C

Chief00

Or is it just a knock on not having a big they wanted to get the ball? Lol

Nonetheless love the fact they have the focus on showing him how rather than just walking around the campus showing off banners. This staff does have their Stuff together.

I NEVER saw Miller as the coach to develop Bigs.

Reaction Score
Probably not but when the best you can offer up for him to develop is Brimah you've done a crappy job recruiting big men overall.
You and I are on the same page on most things (Giants, Yankees) but I believe if Brimah had been coached by our current staff for 4 year he would have developed into a much better player. Facey also

Reaction Score
You and I are on the same page on most things (Giants, Yankees) but I believe if Brimah had been coached by our current staff for 4 year he would have developed into a much better player. Facey also

That's fair. I doubt it but it's fair they didn't do well coaching kids. But for me a guy who can't get a jump hook to the rim by his senior year even without coaching would never be much of a threat, maybe another a hoop a game. Pretty clueless but I certainly am interested to see Hurley ramp up development.

C

Chief00

That's fair. I doubt it but it's fair they didn't do well coaching kids. But for me a guy who can't get a jump hook to the rim by his senior year even without coaching would never be much of a threat, maybe another a hoop a game. Pretty clueless but I certainly am interested to see Hurley ramp up development.

Facey is the guy we totally missed the boat on. The game Chief saw against Duke in the Meadowlands is the game we should have seen more often. He had talent that was held back by a poor strength and conditioning program and quite frankly horrible Bigs Coaching.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Facey is the guy we totally missed the boat on. The game Chief saw against Duke in the Meadowlands is the game we should have seen more often. He had talent that was held back by a poor strength and conditioning program and quite frankly horrible Bigs Coaching.
Confirmed.

Reaction Score
Even when I supported KO I questioned why a big would want to play for him when Ollie would prefer to play 5 guards if he could (only half kidding)

Reaction Score

Watching Kentan play his senior year I was impressed by him. He was aggressive and strong in his play, looking to score, rebound, and defend. He was showing some skills and playing really well. He had a few games where he struggled with fouls and his play was limited because of it. His sophomore and junior year he was struggling with things including I think the death of his father and it messed him up. His heart wasn't in it. His senior year he put it together and looked good right out of the gate, but the team as a whole was struggling due to multiple factors. His last game as a Husky in the AAC tournament was hard to watch because he was playing well, but the refs were hammering him with quick fouls and would not let him play. I think they called a ton of fouls that game. You could see his frustration. It was a tough thing.

Last edited:

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Much like an abused puppy that gets accepted into a good home, the idea of getting both Achiuwa and Kofi is beyond belief.

We’re getting back to the good times. This is cool.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
In real good shape with him, Delaire and Achiuwa. Now need to close.

Being in good shape is much better than not.

65567872.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Love the information.
Does that imply that we are not as strong with Gaffney?

Gaffney is a guard. Why would any of these guys affect his decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom