Kofi Announcing Tomorrow | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Kofi Announcing Tomorrow

Reaction Score
If he does pick Illinois, there is still a long time till he signs. You better believe if they keep losing at this rate, his mind could change. That’s why it’s essential that UConn show improvement THIS year.

He committed to a 4-11 team.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Underwood and Antigua quite a team huh?

4-11 and reeling in a stud:rolleyes:
Don't know Underwood's history, but Antigua is a long-time Calipari acolyte, with USF baggage. That Calipari-Antigua thing alone raises a yellow flag when Antigua's name is attached to a recruit. Rightly or wrongly, Calipari's history of scrutiny by the NCAA attaches to Antigua, specifically where he leads or has a role in a recruiting process that fails the smell test.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
This has been a great exercise in demonstrating that 18-year-old kids don't think the same way adult lifelong UConn fans do.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I'm sure Danny and staff expected this once Kofi went to Illinois and worked on their other plans.

Reaction Score
Next

One thing I will say we need people who don’t have handlers and want to come to UConn that’s all......let’s get a couple don’t even necessarily need a “5”’per se just strong 6’8 plus rebounders.

Reaction Score
Can we just get high IQ, smart, hard working players who aren’t drama queens craving attention on social media and influenced by others around them.

Reaction Score
I have heard people on this board say that A kids offer list is usually more indicative of the type of player he is. I think their final list is sometimes indicative of what they/their handlers are looking for. Illinoi$, Kan$a$, and Pitt$burgh.

P.S- Yes I’m hurting

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Um, did he say that he did?

Made two trips to Storrs this weekend doing the grind..
I know people are tired of me saying this - but we are really doing the grind - payoff soon!
Chief up in Boston area today talking up UConn and Hurley. The grind never ends - even on holidays!
Thanks. Quite frankly, the commitment necessary to do the grind is not insignificant. But, if I expect commitment from our coaches and players - Chief has to step up too. But it’s great to just go home tonight and relax. Back to the grind tomorrow with game on Saturday.
Chief is doing the grind while respectfully you sleep. We will sign up some dudes. The dam will break further.
Chief encourages people to attend. Chief probably won’t be there, since I try to target games other UConn fans are unlikely to attend. It’s been an incredible grind the last few months, lots of travel. But it’s all part of what Chief loves to do.

And for good measure:

2019 Recruiting: - Precious NBA Top 100 Mixtape

2019 Recruiting: - Back to Precious

Reaction Score
This has been a great exercise in demonstrating that 18-year-old kids don't think the same way adult lifelong UConn fans do.

That’s why we brought in Hurley.. let’s fix this, Danny.

Reaction Score
Assuming it means absolutely nothing, but the uconnmbb account follows wahab on Instagram. They did not follow kofi. The account only follows 95 users and wahab And tre Mitchell are the only ones I spotted that are not current or former alumni / players / commits / coaches.... this is what I’ve resorted to.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Assuming it means absolutely nothing, but the uconnmbb account follows wahab on Instagram. They did not follow kofi. The account only follows 95 users and wahab And tre Mitchell are the only ones I spotted that are not current or former alumni / players / commits / coaches.... this is what I’ve resorted to.

@UConnMBB followed Hamidou Diallo on Twitter.

Reaction Score
They won in 1963.
Won what? They lost in the regionals to eventual champion Loyola. Best team Illinois ever had was Lou Henson's 1989 team, Kendall Gill, Nick Anderson, Kenny Battle, Marcus Liberty, three NBA first rounders and one 2nd rounder IIRC. I personally thought as did many others, and still do, that they were the best team ever to not have won it all. Even though they were the top seed at the FF they lost to Michigan on a last second shot, and many forget they beat that same Michigan team twice during the regular season.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom