Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley

Reaction Score
Trilly thinks he’s ours by the end of the weekend
Well, yeah that's what aburks was saying. I was asking about Mahaney because we don't really know what he is feeling at the moment. and that kill shot... wonder what that is?

Reaction Score
I just want this to all be resolved in the next couple days so we can forget all the other portal nonsense and start looking to next season. That and planning which 5 star 2025's we want.

It’s funny you say that I was thinking along those lines. I mean seriously hate to bring up a somewhat sour subject but with the way Danny and the staff made Flagg think hard about Duke because he loved the program, what if he was next year and making his mind up now? It may have changed even more due to back-to-back. Never was a huge fan of throwing time into the Top 10-15 but there’s now no doubt UConn is on their mind as much as Duke, UNC, Kansas and Kentucky. The key no matter is if they fit because if they’re about the bag and NBA it’s still not worth the time!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I just want this to all be resolved in the next couple days so we can forget all the other portal nonsense and start looking to next season. That and planning which 5 star 2025's we want.
For me I want it to continue. We've been on an incredible journey and I'm not at the point where I need a break. But for Hurley I hope it ends soon and he can take his two week vacation from his year round 24/7 intense immersion into the program.

Let's be real about this. It's this dedication by Hurley and the staff that's the overwhelming reason behind this success. The players are secondary.

Reaction Score
I believe the general consensus has been McNeeley, Brea and Mahaney would all be locked up by next week.

If that is indeed the case then we're 1a or 1b with Kansas. Probably 1a if Karaban comes back.
If we we get Karaban Brea and either Mahaney or Shulga then we are firmly 1

Reaction Score
We will not be as good defensively at the 5 without Clingan. That can’t be the goal because it wouldn’t be realistic.
I agree. I would go further and apply your reasoning to the team as a whole. What this last championship team has done is unreal, and it is unrealistic to think it can be duplicated in the same fashion, if at all. Winning a championship is within reach, but as fans we must realize that it will probably be done with a different formula. The poster is "right on", in focusing on defense, however. Overlooked aspect of recruiting and the portal.

Reaction Score
I believe the general consensus has been McNeeley, Brea and Mahaney would all be locked up by next week.

If that is indeed the case then we're 1a or 1b with Kansas. Probably 1a if Karaban comes back.
Kansas is clearly #1. They bring back tons of experience and portal studs.

We lost 5 starters. We will overtake them by March. Game on.

Reaction Score

The team they had last year ended up being terrible. The experience they are bringing back isn't all that good.

Reaction Score

Will be interesting to see if Self can convince those guys to share the ball and play D. Not everyone can be the Man.

Reaction Score
Huh? Why can’t you post links to Twitter and articles? Links or it didn’t happen as I say.
Some of us appreciate the "free" access to Trilly info (which doesn't come with the guarantees as it is).

Reaction Score
It’s funny you say that I was thinking along those lines. I mean seriously hate to bring up a somewhat sour subject but with the way Danny and the staff made Flagg think hard about Duke because he loved the program, what if he was next year and making his mind up now? It may have changed even more due to back-to-back. Never was a huge fan of throwing time into the Top 10-15 but there’s now no doubt UConn is on their mind as much as Duke, UNC, Kansas and Kentucky. The key no matter is if they fit because if they’re about the bag and NBA it’s still not worth the time!
I think Dybantsa to UConn changes the perceived landscape of college basketball (especially after McNeeley and Brea with perhaps Mahaney as well). McNeeley was recruited late by everyone and Brea's final 5 was Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, and UConn.

Reaction Score
The team they had last year ended up being terrible. The experience they are bringing back isn't all that good.
Their team wasn't terrible. They were really good, at least their starting 5 was really good, but the team lacked depth. They could've been a Final Four team at full strength. They gave UConn 1 of their 3 losses. Were they fortunate and lucky to beat UConn this year? Yes, the game was at their home court at a pumped up Allen Field House (AFH) and UConn was shorthanded as they were without Castle, with Spencer playing on one leg after 5 minutes of game time (all his shots were short because of this) and Clingan wasn't in game shape as he was still recovering from his foot injury in late September. If both teams were at full strength, UConn would beat them even at AFH and most definitely at Gampel, Hartford, MSG, Boston, or any other neutral site.

Once McCullar went down, it was a wrap. He was arguably their best player.

Reaction Score
I know this is a thread about Brea, but have you heard anything about Mahaney from Trilly? Also what is this kill shot you speak of
He said Mahaney is a legit possibility but if we don’t get him, the next target is Max Shulga, who is literally a Cam Spencer clone. Almost identical stats to Cam when he was at Rutgers and he’s equally as big a psycho. The kill shot is getting all 3 guys (McNeeley, Brea, and then Mahaney or Shulga). We’d have the deepest roster in the country for the 3rd straight year.

Reaction Score
Kansas was a really good team last year. McCullar was their best offensive and defensive player. He doesn't get hurt and they are a 3 seed, possibly a 2 seed.

The issue this year for them is too many alphas on the same team. Proven plsyers. Can they share minutes, and can they defend.

Reaction Score
UConn is certainly on the mind of college basketball fans especially fans of North Carolina, Duke, Kentucky, and Kansas. When UConn reached the Final Four both last year and this year, in the week leading up to the Final Four the tone of many posts on their forums sounded resigned and defeated to the inevitable fact that UConn was going to win it. The fans that posted sounded like they wanted to vomit.

LetsGoDuke1980 said... (original post) I cannot fathom how a lifelong Duke fan born 1990 or before could ever pull for Uconvict...it's Tarholes and Uconvict as most hated. Wa...

response

Unc
UConn
Kentucky
Kansas

I can never cheer those teams on nc state has been our little brother so long that I don’t consider them a rival anymore in basketball

Fans of other teams can say UConn isn't blue blood and shouldn't be mentioned with the blue bloods, but they get mentioned with them a lot, LOL.

I don't even care that much about the blue blood status. I see UConn as the only gold blood (btw I love those Golden State shirts that say "Gold Blooded") the tier above those blue bloods, seriously.

Reaction Score
Their team wasn't terrible. They were really good, at least their starting 5 was really good, but the team lacked depth. They could've been a Final Four team at full strength. They gave UConn 1 of their 3 losses. Were they fortunate and lucky to beat UConn this year? Yes, the game was at their home court at a pumped up Allen Field House (AFH) and UConn was shorthanded as they were without Castle, with Spencer playing on one leg after 5 minutes of game time (all his shots were short because of this) and Clingan wasn't in game shape as he was still recovering from his foot injury in late September. If both teams were at full strength, UConn would beat them even at AFH and most definitely at Gampel, Hartford, MSG, Boston, or any other neutral site.

Once McCullar went down, it was a wrap. He was arguably their best player.
Kansas was solid with their top 4 players but wasn't deep enough nor a good enough shooting team to win it all; even with a fully healthy roster.

Reaction Score
UConn is certainly on the mind of college basketball fans especially fans of North Carolina, Duke, Kentucky, and Kansas. When UConn reached the Final Four both last year and this year, in the week leading up to the Final Four the tone of many posts on their forums sounded resigned and defeated to the inevitable fact that UConn was going to win it. The fans that posted sounded like they wanted to vomit.

LetsGoDuke1980 said... (original post) I cannot fathom how a lifelong Duke fan born 1990 or before could ever pull for Uconvict...it's Tarholes and Uconvict as most hated. Wa...

response

Unc
UConn
Kentucky
Kansas

I can never cheer those teams on nc state has been our little brother so long that I don’t consider them a rival anymore in basketball

Fans of other teams can say UConn isn't blue blood and shouldn't be mentioned with the blue bloods, but they get mentioned with them a lot, LOL.

I don't even care that much about the blue blood status. I see UConn as the only gold blood (btw I love those Golden State shirts that say "Gold Blooded") the tier above those blue bloods, seriously.
It's a huge compliment to us that we are in the same company as the teams listed. I'd rather be hated than considered to be a 'little brother'.

Reaction Score
Kansas was solid with their top 4 players but wasn't deep enough nor a good enough shooting team to win it all; even with a fully healthy roster.
They definitely were not good enough to win it all, I agree with that, but they were a very good team with a high ceiling if they stayed healthy. But the lack of depth might also be why Dickinson and McCullar got hurt as they played so many minutes.

Reaction Score
Yes, pretty high ceiling but even when they were healthy they just didn't have the horses... Seems like Dickenson has pliability issues - he looks really rigid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom