Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Koby Brea entered the portal. Please please Coach Hurley

Reaction Score
one more rotation projection for good luck:

Diarra 25 / Nowell 15
Brea 25 / Ball 15
McNeeley 25 / Stewart 10 / Ball 5
Karaban 30 / Stewart 10
Reed 20 / Johnson 20

30: Karaban
25: Diarra / Brea / McNeeley
20: Ball / Stewart / Reed / Johnson
15: Nowell

now this is a 9 man rotation. i was thinking Mahaney would be a better fit than Brea since he'd give us a third ball handler but we beat teams with our passing not ballhandling. all else equal i'll take Brea over Mahaney. stairway to 7.

Reaction Score
Though he seems to have his pick of schools to choose from, UConn may have a leg up in the race to land Brea simply because of where he’s from. The Washington Heights, N.Y., native played high school basketball at Monsignor Scanlan, a private school in the Bronx, and a large contingent of fans followed him to road games in the Atlantic 10, according to Dayton Daily News men’s basketball reporter David Jablonski.

“If I had to pick one of those five schools, I would think he’ll go with UConn, everything else being equal,” Jablonski told The Courant on Tuesday. “His family and friends were a big traveling party to so many of his games on the East Coast. Huge crowds at Fordham, La Salle, they go everywhere to see Koby play. If he can land at UConn, I’m sure a lot of people will support that.”

Alternate access:
UConn men’s basketball in mix to land Dayton transfer Koby Brea, nation’s top 3-point shooter

Reaction Score
now this is a 9 man rotation. i was thinking Mahaney would be a better fit than Brea since he'd give us a third ball handler but we beat teams with our passing not ballhandling. all else equal i'll take Brea over Mahaney. stairway to 7.
Mahaney is also a better passer than Brea.

Reaction Score

Diarra 25 / Nowell 15
Brea 25 / Ball 15
Karaban 30 / Stewart 10
Reed 20 / Johnson 20

Don’t think we should assume AK is back with the latest rankings and mock drafts that have come out. Feels like an Andre situation.

Reaction Score
i'm guessing staff is selling Liam on being the next 5* one and done like Castle, but like others have said, Brea has never been a starter, so hopefully he would be happy with some NIL and the 6th man role on a team going for a 3peat
Dont think Hurley makes those kind of pitches. He promises the process, not the result.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Don’t think we should assume AK is back with the latest rankings and mock drafts that have come out. Feels like an Andre situation.
Yeah the recruiting of mcneely and brea/mahaney definitely feels like the staff is preparing for him to not be back, since If two of those three commit, the only way Ross gets minutes is if AK isn’t back

Reaction Score

Diarra 25 / Nowell 15
Brea 25 / Ball 15
Karaban 30 / Stewart 10
Reed 20 / Johnson 20

Brea, wasnt a starter for Dayton. Dont think hes a starter for us either. Jayden Ross would like to have a word with you too.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I can see him getting a promise in the early 30s. Plus, his value can rise if he light it up at the NBA combine next month.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Spoke with a colleague who is a big Dayton guy. They lost their point guard early in the season and needed to add ballhandling into the starting line up. That is why Brea came off the bench. He played a lot anyway, but I wouldn't worry about why he did not start.

Reaction Score
Dont think Hurley makes those kind of pitches. He promises the process, not the result.
I’ve heard him describe the pitch he made to castle in countless interviews. Come to UConn where you can be part of a winning program and get drafted. A win-win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom