KML!!! | The Boneyard

KML!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kaleena is coming alive! She nailed 4 of 9 3-pointers last night against Washington, and scored 12 points. She's averaging just under 10 points a game her last four games. And- get this!- she has dropped in 10 of 20 3-point attempts! That's a scorching 50% average from three. Oh, and she pulled down 4 rebounds, a season high.

Nice way to wake up! So much for the "she can't make it in the WNBA" meme!!!

Keep it up, Kaleena! We knew you had it in you!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She's playing like someone we used to know.

Clearly a part II of this video is required because there are no Highlights from KML's senior year. The shedding of Tiffany Mitchell and splash THREE against SC. The emphatic slamming of door on ND in the National Championship game and the final minutes of her NCAA career. Someone needs to get right on that production.

Reaction Score
image.png Sorry I don't see where she's "over weight".

Reaction Score
Kaleena does it, and almost saves the game! 12 points, including 2 of 6 from 3-point range. With the game on the line, Seattle behind by 3 after a YUUUGE comeback, they give the ball to KML for a three at the end of the game. But EDD blocks KML to end the game (it was EDD who made the 3 to put Chicago ahead).

Oh well, if you're going to lose a game at the buzzer, it might as well be to a block by a superstar.

But let's total that up: 51 points in her last five games. 12-26 from 3-point range for those five games.

Comin' alive!!!

Keep it comin', Kaleena!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
On Friday, I saw some weight in K's face, but she's playing hard and has regained her confidence and found her shot. 10.2 ppg over the last 5 is nice. She opens the floor for Stewie and Jewell and works well with Stewie. K is a gifted passer.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Kaleena does it, and almost saves the game! 12 points, including 2 of 6 from 3-point range. With the game on the line, Seattle behind by 3 after a YUUUGE comeback, they give the ball to KML for a three at the end of the game. But EDD blocks KML to end the game (it was EDD who made the 3 to put Chicago ahead).

Oh well, if you're going to lose a game at the buzzer, it might as well be to a block by a superstar.

But let's total that up: 51 points in her last five games. 12-26 from 3-point range for those five games.

Comin' alive!!!

Keep it comin', Kaleena!!
damn it, a dagger 3 would have been amazing... too bad EDD had to spoil it

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I can't wait for the day when I can see a KML topic on this board and read comments that have nothing to do with her weight.....

until then, party on Wayne
I'm surprised it's allowed

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm surprised it's allowed
If I had to guess, I would say it's allowed for 2 reasons. First, no one is making fun of her, deriding her, or saying anything with negative connotations. Second, if it's impacting her ability to play at the highest level in the WNBA, then it's an issue and fair game. Shoni Schimmel is a perfect example. She was drafted 8th in 2014. Averaged about 8 PPG her 1st 2 seasons (20 minutes per game and 8 starts), yet she was traded by Atlanta to NY and since then she's averaging about 2 PPG in 5 MPG.

From an article June 10 last year:

But Schimmel, the Dream’s starting point guard, showed up to training camp in May out of shape. And heading into the Dream’s third game, Thursday night against San Antonio at Philips Arena, Schimmel is still working on her conditioning. Schimmel’s poor conditioning affects her play, but her basketball IQ helps her overcome some of those deficiencies, coach Michael Cooper said.

Both Schimmel and Cooper view the experience as a learning lesson.

“The bottom line is she understands the magnitude of being a professional basketball player, a professional athlete now,” Cooper said. “It’s about keeping your body in tip-top shape all year around to where when you come to training camp, training camp shouldn’t be a time for you to get in shape, training camp is a time to take the shape you’re in and take it to another level with your teammates.

Point is, fitness levels, out of shape, etc are all synonymous for weight issues for players. I can't find articles that point directly to a correlation to her lack of PT in 2016 to her fitness issues, but when she was traded to the Liberty, Atlanta HC cooper said that they needed players who could play with high energy on offense and defense. A PC way of saying she was still out of shape. And in NY, she's basically buried on the bench. Bottom line, she needs to get in shape, or she can kiss her pro career goodbye, at least in the WNBA...

Getting back to KML - she's always moved well to my eyes for a player of her size, and I'm not a good enough evaluator of play to determine if she's in the best shape she can be in, or if better fitness is needed to really succeed at this level. But coming from UCONN, KML knows all about hard work and I bet she does everything in her power to become the best player she can be in every aspect of her game...

She seems to be earning much more PT lately and she's also contributing nicely. Is it because she's in better shape, or for some other reason? Whatever it is, I think we are all thrilled for her!!

Reaction Score
The better Stewie plays - the better Jewel plays - the more open looks KML will get.

And vice-versa, the better KML is knocking down shots, the harder it is to double or help Stewie and Jewel.

One feeds off the other. Great to hear she is doing well!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom