KML watch: career three-pointers made | Page 9 | The Boneyard

KML watch: career three-pointers made

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
And her 3's were important tonight. Nice see the makes in a game where they were needed. She kept us in the game in the first half against Dayton. Way to go KML...
Very important tonight. She shot 7-10 under game pressure. Outstanding, clutch play.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Such a shame she missed 12 games last year. Congrats KML!!!
She would have pushed the record to 440 if she had not missed 12 games last year and 1 this year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
SHE DID IT!!!!

395 treys for her career!!! There's a good chance she ends up the #3 all-time UConn scorer too.

I'm not ashamed to admit that it got a little dusty in this house when Kaleena not only set the record but extended it.

I'm so proud of this kid.
I think she needs 20 to pass Nykesha. I'm counting on it. Go, Kaleena!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
BTW, there's another amazing statistic:

KML now has 97 assists. If she gets three more, each of the UConn starting five will have 100. How cool is that???
She's usually on the other end of assists. One of the great finishers. And she was just named a John Wooden 1st Team All-American. Kaleena, Stewie, Jewell, Tiffany, and Nina.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Congratulations to a wonderful young lady on a great acheivement. But without hesitation she answered "The Final Four" as to which was more important. The record or winning.

Reaction Score
THE GREATEST 3-POINT SHOOTER IN NCAA HISTORY !!! AFTER ALL SHE HAS BEEN THROUGH, SHE DESERVES THE HELL OUT OF THIS INCREDIBLE

ACCOMPLISHMENT. WHAT A GREAT YOUNG LADY. TO ALL HER MEAN CRITICS, SHE PROVED YOU ALL VERY VERY WRONG. YOU GO, K !!!

[Excuse the repeated post, but Kaleena deserves it all.]

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
One post-script to KML's performance in Albany: it seemed like she shot very well most of the season, but in spots, the pursuit of the record was getting in her head. Now she can relax completely having surpassed it. I'd love to see her shoot lights out without any pressure of the record weighing on her anymore. Just as she said in the post-game interview with Holly Rowe, the NC is the focus...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One post-script to KML's performance in Albany: it seemed like she shot very well most of the season, but in spots, the pursuit of the record was getting in her head. Now she can relax completely having surpassed it. I'd love to see her shoot lights out without any pressure of the record weighing on her anymore. Just as she said in the post-game interview with Holly Rowe, the NC is the focus...
I think it really got in her head as she approached Diana's 318. Dee must have threatened her. :)

I'm looking forward to her display in Tampa. Why would a team not take her at #1??

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'd take her at #1. She plays with a lot of heart and poise, she's a great passer, and she moves very well without the ball. Meanwhile, she proved that if you can shoot treys at a 50% clip in high school, you can do it in college. Why wouldn't she prove she can do it in the WNBA?

Reaction Score
I'd take her at #1. She plays with a lot of heart and poise, she's a great passer, and she moves very well without the ball. Meanwhile, she proved that if you can shoot treys at a 50% clip in high school, you can do it in college. Why wouldn't she prove she can do it in the WNBA?
Any team that passes on her will regret it.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Ok, I'll wrap this thread up. KML finished with 398 treys for her career. She had 104 assists for the season. She's the #4 UConn scorer- tied with Kerry Bascom and one point behind Nykesha Sales.

She also scored points 62 and 63 of last night's game. In other words, like Briana Banks last year and Heather Buck two years ago, she scored the last points of the championship season for UConn.

You are loved and missed, Kaleena.

Reaction Score
I wanted two more.. I wanted to be greedy and wanted 400 even! Can you imagine had she had the 14 games she missed throughout the four years? If she had about 3 3's and about 15 points... that could have been 42 more threes and 210 more points...\

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This thread has over 23,000 views and over 215 posts. Congrats to KML - greatest shooter in the history of WCBB!!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
How fitting that the UConn shot that sealed the deal for national championship #10 was a 3-pointer by KML with an assist from Moriah. A big-time player made a big-time shot.

Reaction Score
I wanted two more.. I wanted to be greedy and wanted 400 even! Can you imagine had she had the 14 games she missed throughout the four years? If she had about 3 3's and about 15 points... that could have been 42 more threes and 210 more points...\
400 could be a even round number! Actually I wanted her to make a few more to break the NCAA single season 3-point record as well....Or just score one more point to have the sole No.3 position on the UConn all time score list...before being overtaken next year by the Great.

Reaction Score
I couldn't help remembering a ND game where KML had the last shot and missed. She sure didn't miss last night when it mattered most. If I have one memory of you, Kaleena, it will be that last 3 last night. You effectively ended it. It's been awesome watching you these past 4 years. Thanks for coming east!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I couldn't help remembering a ND game where KML had the last shot and missed. She sure didn't miss last night when it mattered most. If I have one memory of you, Kaleena, it will be that last 3 last night. You effectively ended it. It's been awesome watching you these past 4 years. Thanks for coming east!
In the loss to ND, Kaleena missed the 3-pointer after suffering a bad thigh contusion during the game. I'd still take my chances on KML having the final shot to win.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Indeed, Kaleena scored the last seven points of UConn's season, in fact. Very fitting that she went out on top by clinching this game. UConn's lead, once established, kept being whittled down to five or six points. The Huskies, to their collective credit, responded time and time again, KML, meanwhile, really surged offensively, so decisively the Irish conceded.

The best part of that three-pointer is that I saw her trailing Moriah on the break, and as soon as I saw Moriah start to turn and pass, I knew it was going to KML. And that this one was going in.

KML came east to be great and win championships. She's a great player and a champion. Her name is on the Huskies of Honor wall and in the record books. And she's got three championships she'll never forget. And we all had a player in KML we'll never forget.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
How fitting that the UConn shot that sealed the deal for national championship #10 was a 3-pointer by KML with an assist from Moriah. A big-time player made a big-time shot.
And KML followed it with a foul-line jumper about a minute later. That was vintage from the California State Championship against Berkeley, when she outscored the entire Berkeley team in the second half. K is clutch in championship games. Winner!

t-gal

T for Trouble
Reaction Score
Eternity....how long she was holding that trophy. Best shot (picture, obviously) I've seen her take. ;-)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A few more KML factoids:

With 118 and 121, she has the top 2 UConn season records for 3-pointers. She was just short of the NCAA record.

At .492 and .488, she has the 2nd and 3rd highest UConn season 3-point percentages.

She also finished slightly behind Sue in career 3-point percentage. Kaleena put up a lot of threes and made a whole lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom