KML Play | Page 2 | The Boneyard

KML Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS

Reaction Score
Pretty dismissive! I didn't think the question was a bad one. That person isn't the first who suggested that KML's lock at being the first pick in the draft isn't the LOCK it once was. She's played well but maybe not as well as some might have thought she'd play. I don't think the question was meant to be derogatory and didn't come off as bashing but more of a concern.
I agree. The post to which you're responding has been edited to remove the personal insults.

We have a rule against trashing the players. We don't need help enforcing that rule, and the OP was a far cry from running afoul of it.

There are good posts in this thread respectfully countering the OP's concern.

Some people are going to have to learn how to do that -- especially in the case of posts they regard as "negative" and even more especially in the case of new posters -- without indulging in personally belittling remarks.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I agree. The post to which you're responding has been edited to remove the personal insults.

We have a rule against trashing the players. We don't need help enforcing that rule, and the OP was a far cry from running afoul of it.

There are good posts in this thread respectfully countering the OP's concern.

Some people are going to have to learn how to do that -- especially in the case of posts they regard as "negative" and even more especially in the case of new posters -- without indulging in personally belittling remarks.
Sorry, that is probably my deleted post you are talking about.
Actually, I was trying to be funny.
Mea culpa.

JS

Reaction Score
Sorry, that is probably my deleted post you are talking about.
Actually, I was trying to be funny.
Mea culpa.
Not just you, Fairview. Someone else wasn't trying to be funny and wants to argue his case on the board.

Not the place for it. Please take it to PM as per the rules.

Reaction Score
Is it me, or doesn't anyone else feel that KML isn't playing like someone who want's to be the #1 pick of the WNBA draft?

I know this team is known for its unselfishness, but I can't help but think she disappears in games and isn't playing with the urgency of a senior. I would hope every senior of this 2015 class would want to disprove the nay sayers who believe this class is weak.

Thoughts?
It's you...Welcome here but bone up on how this team operates. If Geno thought someone was slacking on the floor they would quickly be on the bench...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I will admit, it's annoying that some people think that unless KML is shooting 5-7 from 3, that it's an off night and who would want her on their (pro)team? I guess the only thing KML can do is shoot 3s even though we've seen her do much more than that while at UConn. It does help to open your eyes while watching the games, by the way, for those doubters.

Reaction Score
Tough crowd. What was meant to engage conversation was misinterpreted as derogatory. KML is my favorite. And I don't expert her to fill up the stat sheet or break records. I was curious if any other fans felt she lacked urgency. Thanks for the Boneyard education, good and bad.

Reaction Score
Tough crowd. What was meant to engage conversation was misinterpreted as derogatory. KML is my favorite. And I don't expert her to fill up the stat sheet or break records. I was curious if any other fans felt she lacked urgency. Thanks for the Boneyard education, good and bad.
With all due respect, KML has already broken records and will be on the Huskies Wall of Honor in a couple of months. KML is already considered Huskies royalty, and that's not just my opinion.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
K has nothing left to prove. To anyone. Except maybe Gostenkoers.:cool:

JS

Reaction Score
Don't be intimidated. Welcome, and continue sharing your thoughts.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
What obscurity? We have the most extensively covered team in all of WCBB. Two of our players are two of ESPN's three to see, of which, KML is one.
Hoops- I was responding to the original post about KML disappearing, and her needing to disprove the theory of this being a week class. I was being kind of sarcastic, tongue in cheek and irreverent about the premiss of the thread! :)

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Many times last night KML was very loosely guarded out on the 3 point line and the passer wasn't even looking her way. Perhaps Geno's emphasis for the night was to throw it into Stewie and Morgan every chance they had and force KML to play closer to the basket or get ignored.
That's exactly what his focus is and probably was. The threes only - makes him nervous.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Pretty dismissive! I didn't think the question was a bad one. That person isn't the first who suggested that KML's lock at being the first pick in the draft isn't the LOCK it once was. She's played well but maybe not as well as some might have thought she'd play. I don't think the question was meant to be derogatory and didn't come off as bashing but more of a concern.
B Boy- I didn't think the orig post was malicious. I just don't think KML steps out on the court every night with her primary goal of being the 1st pick in the draft, vs playing team basketball and shooting, passing, rebounding and defending as needed to win each game every night.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Geno is like a Fox and he wants to plant different seeds in USC's mind that KML is not #1.....Cannot wait to see his game plan on Feb 9th...
I'll second that- can't wait either!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Just my $.02...I don't think that she lacks urgency nor do I think she has spent more than 30 seconds in her entire UCONN career thinking about the WNBA.
  1. Rooks make about $40,000 in the WNBA. Certainly a good salary for 3 months of work, but nothing to write home about, as they say.
  2. She has won 2 NC's and has a chance to win #3 this year. Aside from making the Olympic team, that's probably the highest goal a women's hoops player has
  3. She has terrific chemistry with her teammates and by all accounts LOVES playing at UCONN and for Geno
  4. She is one of the most popular players in a state treats their WCBB players like daughters and princesses
I can't think of any UCONN players who seemed like they spent too much time "looking forward". She has the best shot I've ever seen and I will continue to enjoy her for the next 3 months as her career at UCONN enters its' twilight. BTW I did not take your comments as derogatory at all. If she IS out to prove anything to anyone, I would think it would have to do with her weight and size - she actually addressed that in an interview so clearly that is something more on her mind than "I need to be great to prove I'm the #1 draft pick... etc"... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom