KML needs to avoid foul trouble at all costs.... | The Boneyard

KML needs to avoid foul trouble at all costs....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
After all those fouls last game, KML now has 5 for the season. Five! In 5 games. I'm not a math major, but that is like one per game. What is she thinking? And if that was not bad enough, she also has a turnover. Yes, a turnover! In just 117 minutes, five fouls and a turnover! I haven't bothered to check, but I'm guessing she has probably missed a few shots too. This has got to stop or UConn is doomed. If I was Geno, I would tell her not to foul and make all her shots.... :)

PS - UConn has 153 fouls in 2,600 minutes. That is one every 17 minutes. No one has fouled out all year.

Reaction Score
After all those fouls last game, KML now has 5 for the season. Five! In 5 games. I'm not a math major, but that is like one per game. What is she thinking? And if that was not bad enough, she also has a turnover. Yes, a turnover! In just 117 minutes, five fouls and a turnover! I haven't bothered to check, but I'm guessing she has probably missed a few shots too. This has got to stop or UConn is doomed. If I was Geno, I would tell her not to foul and make all her shots.... :)

PS - UConn has 153 fouls in 2,600 minutes. That is one every 17 minutes. No one has fouled out all year.

Davey, I don't know you at all but just from this one post I can see two obvious truths about you.

1. You could have been a math major.
2. You could have been a basketball coach.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You know who's the biggest problem? Stefanie. She has the most fouls (30) and turnovers (33) of any other Husky. Sure, she needed 416 minutes to rack up all those boo-boos and the offense does run through her most of the time but maybe she and Kaleena should be parked on the bench until they learn their lesson.

Reaction Score
You know who's the biggest problem? Stefanie. She has the most fouls (30) and turnovers (33) of any other Husky. Sure, she needed 416 minutes to rack up all those boo-boos and the offense does run through her most of the time but maybe she and Kaleena should be parked on the bench until they learn their lesson.

If Geno was half the coach of ol' Davey, both would have some work to do to earn that parking space on the bench.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
We are constantly reminded of Geno's genious. Take that Cincinnati game.

Game starts and everything clicks (16-0), except that Kaleena (uncharacteristically!) picks up three fouls. Geno is compelled to start subbing and strangely his Ferrari became a Yugo.

Afterward, Geno scrupulously avoided blaming anybody except, in a way, himself. I commented elsewhere how he avoided bashing Kaleena for her fouls but, instead, commented about the inconsistency in officiating (perimeter vs. post) and a voiced a tone of frustration that he had seemed unable to get the "right" combination of five players not named Mosqueda-Lewis on the court simultaneously.

So what's next? Huddle with CD, Marisa and Shea, identify problem (subbing pattern to sustain offensive flow), deal with it in practice, and take out the team's frustration on poor UCF. It's easy to foresee a horrible way for the host team to start AAC competition in front of their biggest crowd ever.

We have all read enough about the "sluggish" UConn performance in beating Cincy by only 33 points. But, by the way, did any recap of that game focus at all on the fact that UConn held the Bearcats to 34 points?

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Davey, I don't know you at all but just from this one post I can see two obvious truths about you.

1. You could have been a math major.
2. You could have been a basketball coach.

Marlon Brando, "I could been a contender...."

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Trying to post Marlon Brando, "I could been a contender...." Someone help...? Please....
To post media like YouTube videos, click on the icon that looks like a filmstrip (two icons to the right of the smiley face). The icon next to it that looks like a postcard is for posting photos.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Trying to post Marlon Brando, "I could been a contender...." Someone help...? Please....

Also that movie had one of the greatest film scores ever written -- at least as far as the Suite that Bernstein created from the score is concerned. Great, great stuff.

LINK to excerpt

P.S. By far the best verion/performance/recording of this is Bernstein's own with the NY Phil back in the day.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
KML needs to avoid fowl trouble...
chicken_run-v01-2000.jpg

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
We is indubitably doomed! No use duckin, our goose is cooked! I thought we might pullet off, but after taking a gander at this thread it is clear that WE IS INDUBITABLY DOOMED.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
We have all read enough about the "sluggish" UConn performance in beating Cincy by only 33 points. But, by the way, did any recap of that game focus at all on the fact that UConn held the Bearcats to 34 points?

The "sluggishness" (or other pejoratives) really only applies to the last 10-12 minutes of the first half. Obviously the first 6 minutes of the game left nothing to complain about (UConn built a 16-0 lead and was shooting over 60%). And there was really nothing wrong with the second half either, in which UConn outscored Cincinnati by 34-14 despite end-of-game substitutions for "garbage time".

I agree with those who say that the hysteria of a number of commenters on this board is overwrought, not to mention overdone.

HGN

Reaction Score
KML is not really much of a fouler.....Plus , we do have adequate backups in case she does get into foul trouble. But all in all , its always good to have her on the floor , because when she is out there something good always seem to happen.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
We is indubitably doomed! No use duckin, our goose is cooked! I thought we might pullet off, but after taking a gander at this thread it is clear that WE IS INDUBITABLY DOOMED.

We done met the enemy, an' , he is us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle