KLS, Commbs, Camara Rehab Update | The Boneyard

KLS, Commbs, Camara Rehab Update

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Auriemma said Thursday he is hopeful that Samuelson will be cleared to play soon after Labor Day. The two-time All-American and AAC Player of the Year had surgery on her left ankle on April 12 that repaired shredded lateral ligaments and a torn tendon.

"She's almost all the way back, almost there," Auriemma said.

Mikayla Coombs may also be close to returning to action. The sophomore guard missed the NCAA tournament last March as she was treated for deep vein thrombosis, a blood clot in her leg.

"She has one more doctor's appointment and we'll know more next week," Auriemma said.

Junior forward Batouly Camara, who was limited a season ago after suffering a knee injury, has been dealing with shoulder and calf issues.

"She's been doing workouts," Auriemma said. "It just seems like it's one thing after the other. But there's no sense in rushing anything. I don't think it's anything long term with her."

It is at UConn's Auriemma to Collier: Try and make the team

But I made "fair use" of the whole thing!

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
My recollection is that Lou had surgery in mid-April. "Soon after Labor Day" would be about five months from then. I was figuring it would be at least six months, so this is good news. I think.

Pics I saw of her California workouts showed her in an ankle brace, which is to be expected. Hopefully she can go without it at some point this season, although the one she switched to later last season seemed to work better.

Also a ray of hope for Mikayla. It would be a real bonus if she can contribute in a meaningful way this year.

Batouly, don`t know what to think. Doesn`t sound bad, but the bone bruise last year kept her out for most of the year. Hope she isn`t one of those players that is always injured, a la Jacoby Ellsbury.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou's surgery was in mid-April. I believe that she missed the W draft because of it.

Reaction Score
News regarding Camara is a bit alarming. She seems to be one of those players that is always banged up in one way or another. It is hard to earn significant minutes from the trainer's room.

Reaction Score
Lou's surgery was in mid-April. I believe that she missed the W draft because of it.
I think they all missed the W draft because they had it in Manhattan which is just a bit less convenient to get to from Storrs compared to Montville.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom