KLS Article | The Boneyard

KLS Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Super article. Thanks for that, @Wbbfan1.

I really liked this part:

“We have this chip on our shoulder and it does add a fire that we want to prove everyone wrong ... you just can’t count us out,” Samuelson said. “We want to show that every single game. No matter who we are playing, we want to prove that every game if we win by a lot or just go out and win.

“We have definitely heard stuff and we just use [it] to fuel us and not let it get to us at all.”

Reaction Score
Nice words from Katie Lou:
“I think we are still lacking in some of those leadership areas, but I think (juniors) Gabby (Williams) and Kia (Nurse) have done a great job trying to step up, but it’s really a team effort this year. Instead of depending on just juniors and seniors it is spread equally across the board.”

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I find the contrast between Lou and Kia to be really interesting because on the court Lou is about making sure she is enjoying every moment and Kia is all about the seriousness of the competition - I wouldn't mind them each having a little of the other rub off on them. Lou could probably do with a little more seriousness and Kia could do with a little more enjoyment!

And that has nothing to do with their concentration and focus on the job at hand, just that Lou might benefit from a little more of Kia's 'I am going to take this basketball and ram it down your throat' demeanor and Kia might benefit from a few more grins and giggles after having succeeded in implanting that basketball in an opponents anatomy. :cool:

(And i did notice that Lou got the two minute penalty for elbowing in the last game, so it may be starting to happen! :eek:)

Reaction Score
I find the contrast between Lou and Kia to be really interesting because on the court Lou is about making sure she is enjoying every moment and Kia is all about the seriousness of the competition - I wouldn't mind them each having a little of the other rub off on them. Lou could probably do with a little more seriousness and Kia could do with a little more enjoyment!

And that has nothing to do with their concentration and focus on the job at hand, just that Lou might benefit from a little more of Kia's 'I am going to take this basketball and ram it down your throat' demeanor and Kia might benefit from a few more grins and giggles from having succeeded in implanting that basketball in an opponents anatomy. :cool:

(And i did notice that Lou got the two minute penalty for elbowing in the last game, so it may be starting to happen! :eek:)
I was just going to mention the elbowing! For a minute there, I thought she just might take the basketball and ram it where the sun doesn't shine :eek: I wonder if she had a D moment and wanted to hit something orange. :D

I completely agree though! If I remember correctly, I also think Geno said something fairly similar at one point this season? I might be completely wrong, but I feel like there was something said about how Lou could stand to be a bit more serious and Kia could stand to relax a bit.

Reaction Score

And that has nothing to do with their concentration and focus on the job at hand, just that Lou might benefit from a little more of Kia's 'I am going to take this basketball and ram it down your throat' demeanor and Kia might benefit from a few more grins and giggles after having succeeded in implanting that basketball in an opponents anatomy. :cool:

spot on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99