Kinda OT: Don't Put Me In Coach by Mark Titus | The Boneyard

Kinda OT: Don't Put Me In Coach by Mark Titus

Reaction Score
I'm about 3/4 through this book and it is hilarious. I'd recommend for any college hoops fan.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I can only infer the y
topic but after a couple errors in softball tonight I was begging for someone to take my spot but alas with one must suck it up.

Reaction Score
I can second this. There's not a lot he holds back and especially in light of the Thad Matta firing, it's worth a read. Matta comes off as very likable and you'd be surprised by how many different guys he coached during those four years. I don't get the sense he ran the tightest ship and as a result you had all sorts of different characters walking through the doors.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I read an excerpt, and wasn't particularly impressed, except for two funny lines. I don't think he's a big Joakim Noah fan.

"...they were led by the greatest women’s basketball player of all time in Joakim Noah,"
and
"...we were stopped short by a team featuring a guy whose ponytail looked like a wad of pubes."

Reaction Score
Read this a couple of years ago. Really fun read. Some great Evan Turner insight

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
Just now ordered this book. Thanks for the info.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
really great book. read it a few years back, Titus is a funny dude and the stories are great.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I read an excerpt, and wasn't particularly impressed, except for two funny lines. I don't think he's a big Joakim Noah fan.

"...they were led by the greatest women’s basketball player of all time in Joakim Noah,"
and
"...we were stopped short by a team featuring a guy whose ponytail looked like a wad of pubes."

They're lucky.

They should've been stopped short by a 5'6 pg from Xavier after Oden's cheap shot. How that wasn't deemed an intentional foul I will never understand.

Reaction Score
I remember thinking the first 3/4 of the book was great but then it just got old... funny dude for sure but it does on me in the end. Could have been that I read it on a six hour train ride too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom