Kinda boring here; Anyone care to brag about past personal sporting achievements? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Kinda boring here; Anyone care to brag about past personal sporting achievements?

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
CT State cup champion in soccer. All conference senior year of HS. Was training to try out for the local semi-pro Wolves team after college (DII), then blew out my ACL.

Hiked/ summited the highest point in each New England state a few summers ago.

Reaction Score
Dads....I lost my dad a month ago. I once scored 29 points in a game and had the game winning block...against a bad team. The way he told the story to anyone who would listen made me sound like the second coming of Jordan lol
Sorry to hear about your Dad. Mine died 2 weeks before UConn's 2014 run in the tournament. He used to get off work early and pick us up to drive up to Hartford for UConn games in the early 80s. Watching that Michigan State game in MSG in 2014 was more than a little overwhelming for me.

Reaction Score
Was a college middle reliever so yeah my proudest athlete accomplishments are mostly slow pitch softball and peloton output totals.

Reaction Score
I’m a casual cyclist but…..,

Last year I Rode my bike for 151 miles in one day. Left the house at 7:00am, returned at 9:01pm. Left my house, pedaled to the end of the railroad trail in Westfield Massachusetts. From there, pedaled back down completely through Connecticut and back home.

Today I did 28 miles in 176 minutes. Climbed up Southington Mountain then through Wolcott up the Woodtick Roads to Bristol. Went up Willis St in Bristol, the most challenging cycling hill in Connecticut. Then went back through Wolcott, Southington and home to Cheshire. All the hills without stopping. All in 95°

Reaction Score
Scored 27 points in a basketball game (shoulda had 30 .. 7-13 from the line)
Made a halftime buzzer beater from half court in a game we won by 1
Suck at golf but love to play, made an eagle once

The one that really matters though (for health, I'm old) - Every work day I get out there and walk 3 14 minute miles on two replacement knees (can't seem to find the time to do that on weekends or when I'm on vacation)

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I ran track back then. Jerome Young was ridiculous in high school, best track and field athlete in the country and had the second fastest 400 time ever in high school. The things Young and Tony Ortiz at Crosby were doing on the track back then were insane.
I played one HSFB game against Ortiz.

Legit scored 4 TD’s in one game senior year of HS. Only scored 8 in the season so it was kind of fluky.

First season coaching my daughter’s soccer team 4w-3t-1L.

Reaction Score
I once played against Marci Glenney in a 2 vs. 2 pickup game. I blocked ten of her shots and made her quit. This was at the mystic community center indoor gym. Highlight of my career. I showed no mercy just like Cobra Kai.

Reaction Score
In a game of knockout, I got Uncle Cliffy at the Cliff Robinson basketball Camp. I think it was his second season in Portland. All I remember is how tall he was and his socks w the nba logo. I thought that was really cool. Rip legend. Ironically, I saw him years later at the Costco in Brookfield and reminded him. He laughed.

Reaction Score
Bench pressed 415 at a bodyweight of 190 33 years ago at 22. No steroids no real diet and a beer guzzler on the weekends. Tore pec lifting an old school fat TV set and never even came close again. Very decent ping pong player.

Reaction Score
Bench pressed 415 at a bodyweight of 190 33 years ago at 22. No steroids no real diet and a beer guzzler on the weekends. Tore pec lifting an old school fat TV set and never even came close again. Very decent ping pong player.
We should have a boneyard ping pong tournament!

Reaction Score

That number is in elite competitive powerlifter territory. Good ! I'm not even in the 2 plate club at 160lbs.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Sad, but the highlight of my athletic career was making all three put-outs in an inning for my high school team as a right fielder. Most hitters are righties and pull the ball to left field, so getting hit to right in one inning was special for me. Never happened before or after.
Not sad at all.

Very sad, actually.

Reaction Score
Matched up against Heisman Trophy winner Joe Belino in a pickup basketball game at Hanscom AFB. He was at least 20 years older than me at the time and very physical. I used all of my available fouls.

Reaction Score
That number is in elite competitive powerlifter territory. Good ! I'm not even in the 2 plate club at 160lbs.
Not elite but good. I started lifting with my plastic weights at 12 so I had ten years in. I loved all sports but I put the extra after school time into weightlifting. I knew a lot of juicers but never engaged. My biggest weapon was eating chicken for almost every meal. It wasnt a good diet but I saturated in protein. I put a lot into getting there! but looking back--for what--to mention it on a basketball forum 30 years later:)))

Reaction Score
Not elite but good. I started lifting with my plastic weights at 12 so I had ten years in. I loved all sports but I put the extra after school time into weightlifting. I knew a lot of juicers but never engaged. My biggest weapon was eating chicken for almost every meal. It wasnt a good diet but I saturated in protein. I put a lot into getting there! but looking back--for what--to mention it on a basketball forum 30 years later:)))
IOW, totally worth it

Reaction Score
I pitched a one hitter beating Madison Bumgarner in high school. I like to think that inspired him to win two World Series championships and sportsman of the year
impressive -from Wiki:

Bumgarner attended South Caldwell High School in Hudson, North Carolina, where he was known as "Maddie" and played on both the school's baseball team and the Post 29's American Legion Baseball team.[6] In his junior season, he had a 12–2 win–loss record, an 0.99 earned run average (ERA), and 120 strikeouts in 84 innings pitched as he led his team to a runner-up in the 2006 4A State Championship. The next season, he went 11–2 with a 1.05 ERA and 143 strikeouts in 86 innings while his team won the state championship.[7] He hit .424 with 11 home runs and 38 runs batted in (RBIs).[6] He was named most valuable player (MVP) of the playoffs and the Gatorade North Carolina Player of the Year, garnering the nickname "The Carolina Peach." Bumgarner attracted so much attention from scouts and agents in high school that his father built a wall around the bullpen at his high school field to keep them from distracting him as he warmed up.[4] He committed to attend the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill on a college baseball scholarship.[7]

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
If steel tip darts is considered a sport…I beat Eric Bristow at the 2000 Windy City Open, Chicago. He was in the top ten in the world at the time. It was a singles best out of three 301 match. After winning the first game he noticed I was using his signature darts. They were lighter than most players used either 21 or 22 grams. I used the 21 gram version. He won the second game. He missed his double to get in after going first in the third game. I came in with double 16 and two triple 20’s leaving 149. He got in on his second turn. With the same open I had. On my second turn I got it down to 32. He almost takes 149 out with a trip 20, trip 19 and just misses the double 16. By that time a crowd had gathered around our match as word got out that Bristow was getting beat by a nobody. On my third turn I win the game with my second dart by hitting the double 16. Had a top five finish in that event then in doubles my partner and I lost in the finals. It was a good weekend for me financially but a few years later I realized that for one weekend I competed in a sport/craft with the best in the world and held my own. Although I was a fairly good pub player I never played at that level again.

Reaction Score
Had two triple doubles my senior year in basketball, one was verse a division 2 point guard that played at Adelphi University. Averaged 15ppg, 6reb, 5ass, & 2stl my senior year & made all conference. Only if I could shoot I would’ve been a lot better- def missed 5 straight foul shots in one game. Played a little junior college basketball.

Won MVP of a Flag Football league as a wide receiver.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom