Kimani at the game for Abdou Toure | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Kimani at the game for Abdou Toure

Reaction Score
I think it was Allan Chaney. I played in the same conference as them while they were at NL and they would just toy with us. Remember Kris as a freshman would put kids on skates regardless of if he was playing us country folk or someone better hahah
And Torin Childs-Harris in the backcourt with Dunn. That was a really good team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t blame Kris for making that happen tbh when you’re that close. New London was so good then.

I remember the first time I saw him at a jamboree in lay up lines his junior year. He and a teammate of his treated it like a dunk contest throwing lobs off the backwall (not backboard) to themselves. In game, he caught an OOB alley oop dunk with 2 hands down the middle of the lane. I don’t remember who his teammate was but I think they won a championship that year in L.

That’s a whole lot of moving from Vin though. Transferring to schools 30 mins away is wild.
Huh? It’s literally illegal — it’s a type of theft — to enroll in a school in a town in which you are not resident? Is your view seriously that it’s o.k. as long as you’re only engaged in illegal behavior by stealing from a town close to your town of residence? I’m hoping I’m just not understanding your point.

Reaction Score
Not sure why recruiting threads keep getting locked so I'll start another one. Kimani at the game yesterday for Abdou Toure, it's clear UConn is going to make him a priority.

Maybe they get locked because the whole thread gets derailed. You know, like a bunch of people arguing off topic about what high schools are the best, page after page after page, after page. Which reminds me, hey mods can one of you either lock this thread or change the thread title to “A bunch of guys arguing about what high schools are the best“ because this thread has absolutely nothing to do with the original title. Thanks.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Huh? It’s literally illegal — it’s a type of theft — to enroll in a school in a town in which you are not resident? Is your view seriously that it’s o.k. as long as you’re only engaged in illegal behavior by stealing from a town close to your town of residence? I’m hoping I’m just not understanding your point.

I'll bet New London is furious to hear Kris Dunn stole from them. Had they known at the time I'm sure they would've taken swift action to kick him out of school.

Reaction Score
Remember 1990
Tolentine hs with red Autry current Syracuse
Coach Malik Sealy who I believe played in the nba
Quite a team
Was watching by myself and at half time
Had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with
The late Tom Konchalski(the famed hs basketball evaluator) just a friendly and unassuming guy and had a great conversation
Told me he liked the nh coliseum as it was a easy walk to the train station (he never drove a car)
I have no dog in this fight but you kinda lose credibility when you say Malik Sealy was in high school in 1990

Reaction Score
I'll bet New London is furious to hear Kris Dunn stole from them. Had they known at the time I'm sure they would've taken swift action to kick him out of school.
This may shock you, but there are people more concerned about their tax bills than winning high school basketball games.

Reaction Score
My bad was thinking of Brian Reese
Class of 1990 who played with
Red Autry
Malik Sealy class1987
Age does dull the memory a bit
Thnks gor correcting

Reaction Score
Kris Dunn actually lived in Montville, yet mysteriously enrolled at NL.

Vin Baker jr. played his freshman year @ Fitch, sophomore year @ Ledyard, and his last 2 @ Old Saybrook.
You told me something I did not know on Vin at Fitch.

Reaction Score
Kids like Kris Dunn bring money to your HS. So.
Got it. Illegal activities are fine when you think they should be o.k. Of course, unless someone made you King it’s hard to run a society that way since not everyone will agree when the violation of a law is “good.”

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Got it. Illegal activities are fine when you think they should be o.k. Of course, unless someone made you King it’s hard to run a society that way since not everyone will agree when the violation of a law is “good.”
Are you really tripping out over this right now of all things?

Kid is originally 15 minutes away. It’s probably not hard for him to make it so he lives in New London to go to school legally. He gets to have better coaching and exposure, the school gets a higher profile and money that he brings in.

Sounds like a win-win for everyone outside of Montville?

Reaction Score
Are you really tripping out over this right now of all things?

Kid is originally 15 minutes away. It’s probably not hard for him to make it so he lives in New London to go to school legally. He gets to have better coaching and exposure, the school gets a higher profile and money that he brings in.

Sounds like a win-win for everyone outside of Montville?
You are correct about one thing — unbridled irrationality does in fact “trip me out.” So if Montville doesn’t have a good science program, and this kid wants the better science program at New London High, it’s o.k. for him to just enroll himself at NLHS? Or you think basketball players should have more rights/options than serious science students?

Reaction Score
Well, there's this poor lady from Bridgeport who enrolled her 5 year old in Norwalk schools and ended up in jail for it.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
You are correct about one thing — unbridled irrationality does in fact “trip me out.” So if Montville doesn’t have a good science program, and this kid wants the better science program at New London High, it’s o.k. for him to just enroll himself at NLHS? Or you think basketball players should have more rights/options than serious science students?
Perfectly fine with anyone, regardless of their field, putting themselves in the best position to succeed for their futures.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure NLHS retired his number. What's the equivalent of that for a science kid?

Reaction Score

We should sue

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Torin Childs-Harris. Played at Morgan State. 2010-2011 New London was the best public school team I've seen in CT
2009 Windsor begs to differ!

3 D1 athletes (one went in football and played in the NFL), plus another all state player in Tyrus Weaver for those who are familiar with that name. Oh, and they won in LL!

I’m of course bias though and can’t pass up a chance to bring Windsor into the convo :)

Last edited:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This may shock you, but there are people more concerned about their tax bills than winning high school basketball games.

I agree, you should call the mayor of New London and let them know so they can sue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom