Kim Mulkey to LSU [merged thread] | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Kim Mulkey to LSU [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mulkey overplayed her hand. It did not go well. In fact, it went badly.

She has the offer from LSU but keeps pushing back the timetable on making a final commitment. Can mean that she is still negotiating some items. Can mean that she is rethinking a rash “heat of the moment” decision.

But she faces serious fence mending to stay at Baylor. Bells cannot be unrung.
Are you reading between the lines or do you have real info?

Reaction Score
This seems like a reliable source
Tiger Rag has connections with people inside the LSU athletic department but LSU over the last few years has had multiple hires back out at the last minute. So I won't celebrate anything until the papers are signed.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
5DADAB60-5014-4109-B544-6C2F46BEAE7F.gif

Deep down you like her ;)

As much as I like a colonoscopy . . . ?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Judge for yourself.............​

Kim Mulkey to LSU? Tigers could hire one of basketball's biggest names

1619306996789.png

All signs point to Mulkey at LSU as of Saturday 4/24/21 - Sources on the Baylor athletics beat have relayed to TigerBait.com that they believe Mulkey has reached a point of no return and is on her way to Baton Rouge. TigerBait.com anticipates that LSU will announce a Monday afternoon introduction that’s open to the public at the Pete Maravich Assembly Center. Rumor has Baylor's top 2021 recruit requesting release on an SEC board. If you're having any trouble reading these tea leaves, the recruit asking to be released should clear it up for you. Players commit to a school yes, but they really commit to a coach. We'll know Monday afternoon which way the wind is blowing.

If she goes, how many of her current players does she take with her? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t know why anyone is still doubting that she is leaving. Seems all but done. Like I said, it’s perfect timing because she knows what her future at Baylor looks like in regards to where she’s at recruiting wise and knows she has no chance at challenging UConn over the next 3 to 4 years, so with her problems at Baylor, however true that is, why not go home and rebuild. When UConn’s current run ends (about the next four years) she will have LSU in contention, at least she hopes. This way there is also no excuses for getting her brains beat in at Baylor by UConn over our next reign of consecutive championships, because that’s definitely what was about to happen.

Reaction Score
My guess is she’s told LSU she’s coming but waiting for final offer from Baylor. Baylor being the team she’s at always has the upper hand in this situation. They get the final offer and shot to retain her.

Reaction Score
According to Neighborhood Scout's Crime Index where 100 is the best rating possible Waco is an eight and Baton Rouge is a two. Relative to crime you don't want to live in either city.
Baton Rouge is meh in terms of living but most people enjoy where they live in Louisiana due to the food and family culture overall, not due to it being fancy or some top place to live. There are nice areas though to live though in BR but it also has your not so great areas. Most places can relate though.

Reaction Score
Mulkey met with Baylor’s President & AD last Thursday. She presented a list of demands. The list was full of deal killers. She made some silly baseless accusations about people and about lack of support. She is Top 2 in pay. Her staff is Top 2 in pay. She has the largest WBB budget in the country. The more pushback she got, the more she dug in. It got very ugly.

Baylor will not be making any offers to her. Rather, she will have to make some things right to be allowed to return.
Don’t hold your breath on the latter.

Reaction Score
I don’t know why anyone is still doubting that she is leaving. Seems all but done. Like I said, it’s perfect timing because she knows what her future at Baylor looks like in regards to where she’s at recruiting wise and knows she has no chance at challenging UConn over the next 3 to 4 years, so with her problems at Baylor, however true that is, why not go home and rebuild. When UConn’s current run ends (about the next four years) she will have LSU in contention, at least she hopes. This way there is also no excuses for getting her brains beat in at Baylor by UConn over our next reign of consecutive championships, because that’s definitely what was about to happen.
With all due respect I don't believe Kim is thinking about Uconn in any way whatsoever. This is seminal career change that involves her relationship with her players at Baylor and her future at LSU.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Mulkey met with Baylor’s President & AD last Thursday. She presented a list of demands. The list was full of deal killers. She made some silly baseless accusations about people and about lack of support. She is Top 2 in pay. Her staff is Top 2 in pay. She has the largest WBB budget in the country. The more pushback she got, the more she dug in. It got very ugly.
giphy-8.gif

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Baton Rouge is meh in terms of living but most people enjoy where they live in Louisiana due to the food and family culture overall, not due to it being fancy or some top place to live. There are nice areas though to live though in BR but it also has your not so great areas. Most places can relate though.
Besides, I can guarantee that What's His Face Crime Index ranks somewhere between zero and zero on the list of factors Kim is considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom