Kim Mulkey to LSU [merged thread] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kim Mulkey to LSU [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I can’t get over the fact that she won only one championship with Brittney Greiner.
Only one.
Major failure to utilize that once in a lifetime big.
Sorry.
Well, you better put in an urgent call to the LSU AD before he throws away a truckload of millions on a crummy two-bit coach!

Reaction Score
Key Baylor Players enter Transfer Portal. Boom! She has an LSU roster set up to compete for a natty next year!
Maybe, Pointer is good enough for Kim's system but Aifuwa is no Smith or Egbo, although she would probably get way better coaching under Kim than she did under Fargas.

Reaction Score
Well, you better put in an urgent call to the LSU AD before he throws away a truckload of millions on a crummy two-bit coach!
A)-not my job.
B)- making boatloads at Baylor already
C)-never called her a crummy, two-bit Coach Sorry if my opinion offends you.
Not really.....

Reaction Score
I can’t get over the fact that she won only one championship with Brittney Greiner.
Only one.
Sorry.
Not saying this is the entire reason, but don’t forget how poorly they officiated Griner. Look no further than the 2013 NCAA Tourney game against Louisville where they were allowed to do whatever they wanted to her (primarily in the first half) and get away with it. Not saying she would’ve won in 2013 (there were still plenty of games left after that), but that’s just one example of how the officials made Griner so much less effective than she could’ve been and potentially kept them from winning at least one more title.

Reaction Score
Key Baylor Players enter Transfer Portal. Boom! She has an LSU roster set up to compete for a natty next year!
Does anyone have a link to who’s in the women’s portal? Thx

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
This is what I found:
"When providing access to the transfer portal for coaching or staff members, by default, the individual will have view only privileges. Edit privileges should only be provided to individuals who will enter and update the student's record"

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Only one.
Sorry.

A)-not my job.
B)- making boatloads at Baylor already
C)-never called her a crummy, two-bit Coach Sorry if my opinion offends you.
Not really.....
Not offensive in the slightest; just a bit irrelevant, trifling, reductionist, and severely over-litigated at this point. You gave your opinion, I gave mine. That's how things work on a forum.

NCAA tournament is a one-and-done format. Upsets happen to even the greatest coaches and the greatest players. Geno and UConn have been on the receiving end of a few of those: Iowa State, Notre Dame, Mississippi State, and now Arizona have won games that they were supposed to have no business winning. Cue the "any given day" cliche.

The 2013 loss to Louisville was, to say the least, an outlier. But in general, outside of Sims, Griner was essentially surrounded by role players, and Sims was only a freshman in the 2011 loss to A&M. Would the immaculate Stewie have won 4 titles if not flanked by the #2 and #3 WNBA draft picks, not to mention several other All-Americans, throughout her career? Food for thought.

Heck, I LOVE giving Kim grief over all kinds of stuff, but I do so playfully. She's more than earned her recognition as one of the great coaches of our day.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Raoul - no idea who he is, but he maintains a series of blogs on the women's game that are listed in on his twitter home:
The 2020-2021 transfer link is all transfers he knows of broken down by school starting at the beginning of the fall semester. It appears to be comprhensive and is the source for most casual people referencing transfer totals - he updates it with transfer to schools as well when they are announced.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Only one.
Sorry.

And Geno only won 1 title with three NPOYs and a runner-up -- Rebecca, Kara, Jen, and Nykesha.

Things happen.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Kim's Twitter Account still shows Baylor as of 11:30 AM Today

Reaction Score
Some in the Know are saying its a done deal. Its possible that Kim is looking for new challenges and going back home to Louisiana would meet that need. I don't think Kim would be able to out recruit Dawn and become the face of the SEC. She won't have the success that she had at Baylor at LSU
Maybe Kim already has Cardosa ( from SU ) in her pocket. It would be great to see LSU back in the hunt.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Why would Mulkey leave Baylor at this stage of her career, to start over and try and build a new program? Doesn't make sense.

If you have ever built a program from the ground up, whether it be a sports team/ program or a band or choral program from the ground up you would understand Kim's potential move.

For those like Kim, and others, there is a desire, a fire from within that drives you. That desire to build another Top 5 program could be the driving force, especially in the state you grew up in, and played high school and college and began her coaching career.

I built two band programs over my 30+ years in education. I understand that inner fire.

Reaction Score
Every couple of years, Mulkey creates some perceived slight to use as leverage to force the Baylor admin to increase: her pay, associate coaches pay, WBB budget, etc. Baylor is [supposedly] the only school where the WBB offices and facilities are substantially larger and nicer than the MBB coaches/team have. Mulkey grossed over $2.8 million in 2019 [last year reported (after salary and bonuses)]. Mulkey also likes being the big dog in the kennel. The day after the MBB team wins the Natty, Kim creates the current storm [about the selection (from two final sites) of the new Field House location and its design]. The admin [given the history, the timing, and the COVID budget issues] reached an “enough is enough” point and told her No in a firm manner. She has been less than receptive to that response. The damage is done.

Reaction Score
Every couple of years, Mulkey creates some perceived slight to use as leverage to force the Baylor admin to increase: her pay, associate coaches pay, WBB budget, etc. Baylor is [supposedly] the only school where the WBB offices and facilities are substantially larger and nicer than the MBB coaches/team have. Mulkey grossed over $2.8 million in 2019 [last year reported (after salary and bonuses)]. Mulkey also likes being the big dog in the kennel. The day after the MBB team wins the Natty, Kim creates the current storm [about the selection (from two final sites) of the new Field House location and its design]. The admin [given the history, the timing, and the COVID budget issues] reached an “enough is enough” point and told her No in a firm manner. She has been less than receptive to that response. The damage is done.
That's an interesting take and fits my outsider's image of her. You're a Baylor supporter aren't you?

Reaction Score
All but officially confirmed: Kim Mulkey is headed to LSU. I wish her all the best. If you’re a Baylor fan who’s acting happy she’s leaving, you’re a fool. I don’t know another way to say that. I hope this is all leveraging and that she stays. But if not, dang... what a blow.
From 247 sports Baylor side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01