Kick-off Time for Michigan to be announced Saturday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kick-off Time for Michigan to be announced Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd say its 80% chance 12 PM ABC, 20% its 8 PM ABC.

Main "competition" for the late kick is Texas-K State.

The idea of Michigan @ UConn on ABC at 8 PM is awesome, as much as the program is in the dumps right now.

Hoping for 8 PM myself even if that means I have to get a hotel room for the night.

ESPN has the Texas/K State game listed for 8 PM on ABC already. Would it be a regional game (South/West) paired with UConn/Michigan (Midwest/East) if UConn somehow beats Maryland?

While Coach P is deservedly on the hot seat and most of Husky nation wants him out, Texas fans have slightly higher expectations that UConn fans. After BYU blasted them last week, Texas fans may publicly hang Mark Brown before the K State game if Texas gets trounced by Ole Miss (#25) this weekend.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That's this week. Next week is still TBD. Looking at the schedule i'd guess LSU/Auburn is going to be the most likely candidate but hey a win this week and you never know- maybe ESPN decides to celebrate a top 10 team coming into its home state. (yes i know it has a .00000001% chance of happening)

Yeah good point I can't keep the weeks straight.

Reaction Score
You know, I originally dismissed the possibility of a 8pm kickoff but it might happen if UConn beats Maryland this weekend and Michigan is ranked squarely in the top 10 in the polls after week 3. Then they would be hyping up a darkhorse MNC challenger and a trap game that can derail them.

That will have to mean...

-UConn wins
-Michigan wins
-At least 2 of the following teams lose : Stanford, Louisville, TAMU, FSU, LSU

So still pretty unlikely but not impossible.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
With 3:30 not an option for this game (per the American and ESPN) then I much prefer an 8pm kick off than Noon.

Reaction Score
You know, I originally dismissed the possibility of a 8pm kickoff but it might happen if UConn beats Maryland this weekend and Michigan is ranked squarely in the top 10 in the polls after week 3. Then they would be hyping up a darkhorse MNC challenger and a trap game that can derail them.

That will have to mean...

-UConn wins
-Michigan wins
-At least 2 of the following teams lose : Stanford, Louisville, TAMU, FSU, LSU

So still pretty unlikely but not impossible.

Texas A&M is already set for 6 PM Central (7 PM EST) against SMU on ESPN. Stanford is set for 4 PM Pacific (7 PM EST) against AZ State on CBS. Florida State is playing Bethune Cookman (who?) at 6 PM EST and that will be on ESPN3. Louisville is hosting Florida International at 12 PM EST and it will be on local TV only. Who else is left? Auburn is not that good this year and will not have a national draw. ESPN maybe better off with 2 or 3 regional games at 8 PM instead. If UConn wins and Michigan continues to be impressive, then Michigan may get an 8 PM time slot to showcase how good the Wolverines are. The downside, is that I will have to sober-up to drive back to the hotel after the game.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Just my luck. I have been planning for over a year now to come back to CT for this week to bring my son (2 years old) to his first UConn football games for both the Maryland and Michigan games. But of course he cannot go to a night game, as he would be in meltdown mode before the got to the 2nd quarter. But I figured I would be fine as we have had only one Saturday night game at the Rent that I can ever remember (the December 2009 game against USF). So of course with my luck...both of these games are probably going end up being Saturday night games...ugh!

Reaction Score
I think we are looking at noon on ESPN.

Texas/K State 8PM ABC
LSU/Auburn 745 ESPN
SMU/aTm 7 ESPN2 or ESPNU

My guess is either a noon start or 8PM ESPN2 and they push SMU/A&M to the U.

Reaction Score
ABC/ESPN already has 4 games slotted for 3:30 PM. Hard to believe they'd add a 5th. Texas/KState is at 8 PM from Austin. Both teams have lost brutal games and the Horns may lose again this week.

I know that ESPN is a whore for ND road games, but they may just pick this game to go into the prime time slot next to the Texas/KSU game. My God Musberger and Herbstreit are in Purdue this weekend. That is a dreadful game.

Reaction Score
I think we are looking at noon on ESPN.

Texas/K State 8PM ABC
LSU/Auburn 745 ESPN
SMU/aTm 7 ESPN2 or ESPNU

My guess is either a noon start or 8PM ESPN2 and they push SMU/A&M to the U.

EDIT: Noon on ESPN or 8 PM ABC with a split between texas k state - while we won't be national alone, we will get a huge chunk with michigan playing if we do indeed play in prime time. I would expect Musberger/Herbie to be at the undefeated Wolverines game, not at a game with Texas who got smoked by BYU and K State who lost to a 1-AA week 1 as well. I think we win Sat and absolutely get the spotlight next Sat night.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
While it hasn't been decided, game day will either be at Texas, ND or Stanford.

Generally....noon starts can eliminate some of the home field advantage because the crowd is still sleepy and less enebriated. Night game would be a good thing for UConn. But...it is hard to imagine it matters the way this team is playing.

Reaction Score
While it hasn't been decided, game day will either be at Texas, ND or Stanford.

Generally....noon starts can eliminate some of the home field advantage because the crowd is still sleepy and less enebriated. Night game would be a good thing for UConn. But...it is hard to imagine it matters the way this team is playing.

It was 1 game..........................................................

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It was 1 game..........................................................

Actually...it's 2 years and 1 game that I am basing my opinion on. And while it was one game...it was one really bad game.

But...I like your optimism. I am hoping things are different this Saturday.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
The following is from the B10 Blog (Adam Rittenberg). Looks like we can rule out 3:30. I'm hoping for a game under the lights...

The league office on Monday announced kickoff times and TV plans for Sept. 21 (Week 4) games around the league.

Details for Michigan's game at Connecticut won't be announced until next Monday, as the American Athletic Conference, which controls the game, will exercise a six-day pick. The American tells me the game will either kick off at noon ET or 8 p.m. ET, and be televised by ABC or ESPN. Final plans will be announced after Saturday's games.

Thank you for the research, and for Jimmy stating 3:30 is filled up. Have many coming to this game in a blue lot caravan. I prefer early games and hope this is so. Three straight night games to start with another on a Fri night. Wow. We are LSU North.

Reaction Score
I would imagine a win over MD increases our chances of ABC. Not a scoop or source, just an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom