Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award | The Boneyard

Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award

Reaction Score
Lopez-Senechal was the only starter not to have her worst game of the year, so I suppose it's her by default, but 4-12 from 2-point range is nothing to brag about. So many of the shots Connecticut missed today were wide open shots they could have made with their eyes closed in other games. As atrocious as the refereeing was, Connecticut's shooting was even worse.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Lou 21pts, 2 reb, 4 ast, 1stl
HM
Aaliyah 14 pts, 5 reb, 1ast , 1 stl , 2 blk
Nika 11 pts, 6 reb, 5 ast
Lou 7 for 17, 4 turnovers. In her defense, it was tough when Lou was the only real scoring option. The box and one defense stymied her.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Olivia Miles!!!
Some people may not like your choice, but in fairness, she was the POG. Usually the Badass is a UCONN player, but in a loss where the other team kind of took it to us, looking at their best player is not unfair IMHO.

Having said that, Lou was my POG for UCONN and of course i agree with @Tonyc and everyone else who picked her. She has a great attitude and demeanor on the floor. Doesn't get down or frustrated when things don't go her/our way - just keeps working hard.

SO WISH we had her for more than just 1 season. Really hoping she is drafted high and excels in the WNBA. Go LOU!!!

Reaction Score
Badass, Lou - she fought for everything she got.
shout out to Nika who played all out 40 minutes, shot and scored when her team needed it and was right in there on boards, tie for lead on O board and total boards

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
- From the other side of the court, I was impressed with Lou Lopez-Senechal. Kept her focus the whole game.
(Muhl plays hard, but knew that.)

Crossing fingers for Azzi and hope she comes back healthy and soon.

Reaction Score
Lou is the obvious choice but I’m going with AE. She fought her off all game against multiple big bodies with little help from her teammates. The refs were allowing muggings especially in the first half. She was outmanned but never gave an inch. She gets my vote for that effort.

Reaction Score
Lou is the obvious choice but I’m going with AE. She fought her off all game against multiple big bodies with little help from her teammates. The refs were allowing muggings especially in the first half. She was outmanned but never gave an inch. She gets my vote for that effort.

AE gets my vote too and for the reasons you gave.

Reaction Score
Some people may not like your choice, but in fairness, she was the POG. Usually the Badass is a UCONN player, but in a loss where the other team kind of took it to us, looking at their best player is not unfair IMHO.

Having said that, Lou was my POG for UCONN and of course i agree with @Tonyc and everyone else who picked her. She has a great attitude and demeanor on the floor. Doesn't get down or frustrated when things don't go her/our way - just keeps working hard.

SO WISH we had her for more than just 1 season. Really hoping she is drafted high and excels in the WNBA. Go LOU!!!
I would have a tantrum, stamp my feet, and spit if Miles were selected as POG or Badass on a Uconn site. However, your statement of her being ND's Game POG/badass is more than valid. I like to pretend I'm a sportmanship lover until it is I who must accept the unacceptable. Thanks. Lou wouldn't have been mine in the first half, I like Nika. Steady Eddie. She won't light you up with points but points she makes. She assists, if only the shooters can make them, and her defense remains constant, she will never do it all ALONE.

Reaction Score

The only other pure shoot from anywhere any time with microseconds of space, next to Lou is Clark. The game is half mental psychological, Lou and Clark erase that part. For them it's mechanical. Unfortunately for her and Iowa she does everything much to much. I think Iowa would be a more winning team if those other Iowa shooters took 1/4 of Caitlin's shots.

Reaction Score
Lou is my choice. Aliyah had a strong game and Nika continued to fight. Audrey had a tough day.
Amari is making the case for more playing time. If her defense against stronger players continues to improve, she could make valuable contributions in the coming months.

Reaction Score
Agreed that if we’re being impartial, it’s gotta go to Olivia Miles …. :oops:

However I’m a UConn homer and this is a UConn board, so my vote goes to Lou. She didn’t have a perfect game by any means but my gut feeling and the eye test had me feeling good about her performance.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
I didn't see a badass on our team tonight.

Lou & NIKA were the only two UConn players to show up this afternoon.

Two players aren't beating ND.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom