Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We had bad ass efforts by all 5 starters. I won’t try to choose the biggest one but I’m just happy for Nika and Aubrey especially. They were the biggest influences on how the game played out.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I have to go with the gnat, better known as Nika, she was responsible for 35 points of the 91 scored, 32 off the assists with the and one by Lou, plus her 3 pointer. Then she had 15 of the teams 22 assists, tied for 2nd on the team with 6 rebounds, tied for second on the team steals with 2, with only 3 of the teams 14 T/O's in 39 minutes of play. She did all this with an attitude that showed and her assists to T/O ratio was outlandish at 5-1.

Reaction Score
I have to go with the gnat, better known as Nika, she was responsible for 35 points of the 91 scored, 32 off the assists with the and one by Lou, plus her 3 pointer. Then she had 15 of the teams 22 assists, tied for 2nd on the team with 6 rebounds, tied for second on the team steals with 2, with only 3 of the teams 14 T/O's in 39 minutes of play. She did all this with an attitude that showed and her assists to T/O ratio was outlandish at 5-1.
Bah, I could only give this 1 "like". Otherwise I would still be hitting the "like" button. Having said that, a whole bunch get honorable mention. Picking who comes in second is splitting hairs, arguing how many angels dance on the head of a pin, etc.

Reaction Score
Aubrey
When did we think that Aubrey would be among the leaders vying for the baddass award in any game? We didn't know if she had recovered from her injuries and having sat out for a year. But what a revelation, defensive intensity, speed, head among the trees; a joy to behold, a major impact on this game.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, and I mean that very sincerely because I am aware and respect the tradition this award has on this board, but if there ever was a game where no individual player should be singled out it was this one.
Well said.

Reaction Score
A poster in another thread got me thinking. Maybe a "pre-season" badass award should be given to Aubrey's orthopedic surgeon. Back surgery can be really scary. Some unfortunates do not come out well. Aubrey looks better than ever, Thanks Doc, whoever you are. You get my pre-season badass.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While amazed with the play of many I have to go with Nika. Her play has progressed exponentially beyond What anyone would think in one season. Her ball handling while moving up court shaking off multiple defenders and then firing a a rocket of a pass to Edwards for a lay up was a thing of beauty.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A poster in another thread got me thinking. Maybe a "pre-season" badass award should be given to Aubrey's orthopedic surgeon. Back surgery can be really scary. Some unfortunates do not come out well. Aubrey looks better than ever, Thanks Doc, whoever you are. You get my pre-season badass.
Is anyone still wondering if Aubrey has fully recovered from her surgery? :eek: She said in a preseason interview she was all the way back!! Now you believe her.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Aubrey in a close one, for me. We jump out and build a significant lead to start the game with Aubrey the prime catalyst, after that it was steady great playing by entire team to keep expanding that lead. No one else on the team is as athletic or as quick as she, if she didn't start, we might not have built that critical early lead.

I'm starting to believe that if she were available last year, then maybe things would have been different.
Join the club.

Carnac

Reaction Score
So how close to those 15 assists do you think she’ll come against unranked Duke?
One thing we know about Duke is the 58 points they scored against Toledo today won’t be nearly enough Friday in Oregon.

As we did anticipating playing Texas as being our first “real” test, so were we for NC State. We were their first ranked team this year. I don’t believe they did as well as they thought they would. I’m sure no one foresaw a 22 pt. margin of victory for UConn. This game exposed some things they need to clean up.

I wonder if CD makes that 10-hour round-trip flight to Oregon this week?

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
So how close to those 15 assists do you think she’ll come against unranked Duke?

As we did anticipating playing Texas as being our first “real” test, so were we for NC State. We were their first ranked team this year. I don’t believe they did as well as they thought they would. This game exposed some things they need to clean up.

I wonder if CD makes that 10-hour round-trip flight to Oregon this week?
On CD going out to West Coast, I see no problem with it. As for Nika, I hope she breaks her own assists record with 20, Azzi scores 30+ in her 3rd straight game and UConn wins 115 - 65.;)

Last edited:

sun

Reaction Score
I vote for Azzi because she's the one pulling the trigger to make 32 points.
She makes it look too easy.
A player needs to be a real badass to be an All American.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
When you set the record for assists in a game for a team that has had point guards like Sue Bird and Moriah Jefferson among many other good point guards, you are a badass. Nika!

The prior record-holder was Nika's slime, also known as Coach P. A great coaching performance by Paige Buckets!

Reaction Score
Does Azzi now hold the record for total scoring in the first 3 games of a season, since she just busted the one for the first 2 games on Monday?

Reaction Score
How about Coach Chris Dailey?! She left the court with a wave and a smile. After a major scare, you get bet that energized the team. Moreover, she taught all these bad asses a thing or two about how to be a badass!
Cheers to Coach Dailey!!!
I concur, the Mother of All Badasses, Chris Dailey is the best choice among many worthy candidates!

Reaction Score
I’ve already come to expect the badass play every game from Nika, so I’m going to say Aubrey.

Reaction Score
I gotta spread the love around. Edwards is all grown up. Packs her lunch pail and puts in the work. Proud of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom