Kiah Stokes | The Boneyard

Kiah Stokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
its an old article (July 4th) and Im not getting the "whole story". strange paper set-up

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I'm expecting big things from Kiah her last two seasons.

She is long and athletic and could be a dominant player in the post.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'm expecting big things from Kiah her last two seasons.

She is long and athletic and could be a dominant player in the post.
she's running out of time... with Tuck "making strides". Dolson and BStew are locks.

Stokes defense could make her different from the rest but she's needs to put the ball in the basket once in a while

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
she's running out of time... with Tuck "making strides". Dolson and BStew are locks.

Stokes defense could makes her different from the rest but she's needs to put the ball in the basket once in a while
That is the bottom line with Kiah- if she doesn't develop some offense - she will be a permanent and solid back up that probably makes us stronger on the defensive end. She is long, agile, and athletic! Uconn attacks on offense and everyone is then required to play Lock down defense! I like Kiah and hope she steps it up this season. Morgan may be light years ahead though.

Reaction Score

Stokes defense could makes her different from the rest but she's needs to put the ball in the basket once in a while
Agree. I think about how Jessica Moore improved her offensive game tremendously after she red-shirted for one year. She made a huge contribution in winning the national championship in 2003. I think Kiah is capable of making the same kind of strides as Jessica.

H

Huskyfan23

I think that Kiah will be "night and day" better this year. Due to her injury last year this is really the first full offseason she has had since the summer of freshman year. She has all the tools athletically and once she gets a little confidence her game will takeoff. I also think that as good as Morgan Tuck has played this summer it will have little effect on Kiah's playing time. Morgan's ability to step out and knock down the jumper as well as her ability to handle the ball make her a much better fit at the 4. If Kiah is able to step up like I know she can then she is poised to get a lot of minutes behind Stef at the 5

Reaction Score
Seems we've been hearing "consistency in practice" as Kiah's roadblock for a couple of years now.
Does anybody know what this means?
Lack of effort?
Works hard but doesn't get it?
Good effort, but lack of results?
Mental lapses?
Text messages on the bench?
Or what?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
All of the above are possibilities. They seldom are defined in relationship to specific players.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Great analogy to Jessica Moore. U realize just how great D was when u really think of the teammates she won a Nat Championship with. I dont think it is possible for something like that to happen again with so much more talent in the womens game now vs then even. I think you need at least 2 real stars to win big now- as always, I could be wrong!

Reaction Score
its an old article (July 4th) and Im not getting the "whole story". strange paper set-up

When I saw the thread title, I wondered whether something new was up, but I suspected there would be nothing new.

It's the dog days of summer. I fear there's little chance of having anything much to fight about, mhch less agree on until at least 8/26 when the fall semester starts. Between now and then, it's either burgundy or the hard stuff. :)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
When I think about Kiah, the first thing that comes to mind is her lovely smile. And that thought seems to stick with me.

Other UConn players have lovely smiles but thoughts of their smiles neither leap to my mind nor stay there for long. Kaleena may be the best example of a young lady with a beautiful smile but who is strictly one nasty badass competitor on the basketball court. Likewise her teammates who focus on devastation once they take off the warmups. But Kiah seems to retain her smile.

I just want her to become a badass.

(Only on the bb court.)

Reaction Score
You had to key on the video. That's what they were referring to, not some script. They had a nice little interview with her.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It is hard for me to imagine that Stokes will beat out Tuck. I was skeptical about Tuck at first but I'm a believer and she WILL come back better this year. Gonna be tough to steal minutes from Dolson, Stewart and Tuck at the 5/4 positions.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
It is hard for me to imagine that Stokes will beat out Tuck. I was skeptical about Tuck at first but I'm a believer and she WILL come back better this year. Gonna be tough to steal minutes from Dolson, Stewart and Tuck at the 5/4 positions.

There will be times that Stewart will be playing the 3 and Tuck will be playing the 4. It won't be tough to get minutes if Stokes plays like she is capable of playing. 10 minutes at the 5 and 5 minutes at the 4. Then next year, she doubles her center minutes replacing Dolson in her senior year.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Tuck has got it all- I think Morgan will be a first team All American her Jr/Sr year. She has got it all- just need her to stay healthy!!!! She will be dominant this year IMO!!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No wonder you wear the shades, with eyeballs like you must have. (Damn, another reason to like you....and I've been trying so hard not to.)
Eventually they all come around. ;)

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Are we supposed to choose? I'll take the hard stuff. :cool:
Russel Crowe- in "A Good Year" which was a great movie! "If I am going to get drunk- i don't want to spend all night doing it"

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Really, Kib, Stef's and KML's smiles don't jump to mind, too.
IB- Steph forget about it- hers is unreal. But I met and chatted with KML at Big east tmt under the hoop for a long time and got a great picture with her. She is a little more shy and reserved and very humble. She could not have been more gracious, personable, and her smile lights it up also. Tigers on the court, and cats off it- it is great!

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Russel Crowe- in "A Good Year" which was a great movie! "If I am going to get drunk- i don't want to spend all night doing it"

Considering all the "wineing" that goes on at The Boneyard, I find the quote spot on.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Exactly.

That's why I choose Sambuca. Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member