Kiah Stokes: Rebound Nazi | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kiah Stokes: Rebound Nazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
A highlight for me:

The ND crowd was loud and raucous. They yelled obnoxious things at whichever UConn player was about to take a foul shot. They booed every call they didn't like, even if the call was unquestionable.

And then they booed because Kiah Stokes is an absolutely phenomenal defensive player and there was nothing to call against her as she made spectacular plays.

And then everybody shut up.

They behaved like a typical home crowd.

You're definitely right that when the game isn't competitive, our crowds are very quiet, but we also have some great crowds. For instance, I was at Baylor 2013, and even though it was ultimately a loss, the crowd was fantastic.

The Griner effect. It's been a long time since I got to say that. (-:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Mabrey got another academy award one of those dramatic contortions as Morgan posted up high. I guess you can call it smart. She is such a phony with that stuff. That call was a joke.

Mabrey should have acted like a shooter and maybe she would have made a basket. Talk about a no-show!

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Have to admit I cringed a bit at the thread title. And sure, I get the Seinfeld reference but...

Lets just say the word is so loaded with connotation as to be "skunked" in my opinion.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Kia Stokes did a good thing!
Nazi's did over 6,000,000 bad things!

Hate to have to critique OP header but comparing anybody to to Nazi is F*&^ked up and offensive to many peeps....oh yeah, not accurate nor smart.
Just sayin' ...think first then post

Question: have you seen very many episodes of the TV show "Seinfeld"..?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
48-46 59 seconds duke pos duke to

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
50-49 18 sec duke to

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
51-50 final. sorry triad!

Reaction Score
Nazis did over 6,000,000 bad things!

Learn your numbers -

Mousey Dung - (a real piece of sh..) 68 million Chinese dead.
Joseph Stalin - (the paranoid poet) 26 million Soviet citizens liquidated.
Adolf Hitler - (the chief Nutsi) 11 million dead in toto. 6 million were Jews.
King Leopold - (Belgian Congo) 8 million Congolese lives exchanged for rubber.

n.b. - these figures do NOT include war dead, only unarmed civilians under administrative control of the respective mass murderers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Question: have you seen very many episodes of the TV show "Seinfeld"..?

How is that relevant?

First there was no set up. There was no context, therefore, to me, it was neither ironic nor funny.

You are not Seinfeld, Larry David or Mel Brooks.

Real comedians have a degree of poetic license with sensitive topics. Nevertheless some occasionally bomb, and offend rather than enlighten.

Apparently you are THAT wannabe guy.

Do you want to be associated with that guy/logic?

Was not your intent to compliment Kia? If so these was literally an infinite number of ways you could have handled this.

You choose Nazi.

Wonder what she would think about the comparison?

Random UConn student: Hey Kia some guy on the BY called you a Nazi.

Kia Stokes: Weren't they like the KKK dudes but earlier. Didn't they inspire the South Koreans how to march on parade with that funny goose step thing. Didn't they kill millions of people then burned them up to hide their * and all because they were racists and bigots and thought others were inferior to their master race. Didn't they perform medical experimentation on little kids and killed anyone that tried to help their victims.

Random UConn student: Yeah, those are the bad MF'ers

Kia Stokes: WTF :eek:

Some topics are just better left alone, ...even if you are really witty and have a point which I just don't see either in your post.

In closing I'd like to ask you if you have any relatives or friends who have been victims of Nazi extermination or internment?

If not, do you have an imagination?

And yes, I've watched Seinfeld. And also Shindler's list and countless other serious accounts of what the Nazi did. I also have my own family history.

Oh and I do love basketball and my UConn Huskies!! Nazis not so much.

Reaction Score
Learn your numbers -

Mousey Dung - (a real piece of sh..) 68 million Chinese dead.
Joseph Stalin - (the paranoid poet) 26 million Soviet citizens liquidated.
Adolf Hitler - (the chief Nutsi) 11 million dead in toto. 6 million were Jews.
King Leopold - (Belgian Congo) 8 million Congolese lives exchanged for rubber.

n.b. - these figures do NOT include war dead, only unarmed civilians under administrative control of the respective mass murderers.

learn to read
I said over
and that wasn't the point

BTW what exactly is yours?

Reaction Score
How is that relevant?

First there was no set up. There was no context, therefore, to me, it was neither ironic nor funny.

Real comedians have a degree of poetic license with sensitive topics. Nevertheless some occasionally bomb, and offend rather than enlighten.

Apparently you are THAT wannabe guy.

Do you want to be associated with that guy/logic?

Was not your intent to compliment Kia? If so these was literally an infinite number of ways you could have handled this.

You choose Nazi.

Wonder what she would think about the comparison?

Random UConn student: Hey Kia some guy on the BY called you a Nazi.

Kia Stokes: Weren't they like the KKK dudes but earlier. Didn't they inspire the South Koreans how to march on parade with that funny goose step thing. Didn't they kill millions of people then burned them up to hide their * and all because they were racists and bigots and thought others were inferior to their master race. Didn't they perform medical experimentation on little kids and killed anyone that tried to help their victims.

Random UConn student: Yeah, those are the bad MF'ers

Kia Stokes: WTF :eek:

Some topics are just better left alone, ...even if you are really witty and have a point which I just don't see either in your post.

In closing I'd like to ask you if you have any relatives or friends who have been victims of Nazi extermination or internment?

If not, do you have an imagination?

And yes, I've watched Seinfeld. And also Shindler's list and countless other serious accounts of what the Nazi did. I also have my own family history.

Oh and I do love basketball and my UConn Huskies!! Nazis not so much.

Kiah Stokes
Kia Nurse

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Minicoop69 said:
The student section had some good signs about Stevie though. Made me laugh as I read them. I sat behind the band and you are correct that they would cheer on everything. Even down by 18 and they made a shot they cheered. Stupid.

You know I don't think it's stupid to cheer your team when they score a bucket regardless of the outcome or the difference in score, not at all. I just enjoyed it when they got all crazy when something positive happened for them, and then we did something equally spectacular and they just quieted down thats all

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
How is that relevant?

I'm afraid you're overthinking this. It's a simple reference to a well-known comedy show, not an insult to one of our much-loved Huskies.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I love what Kiah did and I'm glad that this discussion was started, but like someone else said, I cringed at the thread title. Nuff said.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Come on, guys. Please have a look at the video Nan posted.

My OP was a cultural reference to the Soup Nazi - a character which is pretty well known. Even if you are not directly familiar with the character, this type of reference is *widely* used in pop culture today and has been for some time. E.g., [this] Nazi or [that] Nazi.

Reaction Score
Come on, guys. Please have a look at the video Nan posted.

My OP was a cultural reference to the Soup Nazi - a character which is pretty well known. Even if you are not directly familiar with the character, this type of reference is *widely* used in pop culture today and has been for some time. E.g., [this] Nazi or [that] Nazi.

OK if you can not connect the dots....

For some of us this is a sensitive topic. Because something exists in pop culture does not make it tasteful, or OK. Your very explanation was exactly why I chose to comment. Using inane Nazi references only promotes diffusion of the meaning of Nazi. Soon, if not already, the younger generation will not know the meaning of the word or atrocities committed, instead they will have some weird definition/association based on a Seinfeld skit or some other interpretation perhaps from it's oft used bastardization and casual association in pop culture. Especially here.

Visit Germany and make a Nazi joke.

Jews have a saying "never forget." Applies to everyone.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
OK if you can not connect the dots....

For some of us this is a sensitive topic. Because something exists in pop culture does not make it tasteful, or OK. Your very explanation was exactly why I chose to comment. Using inane Nazi references only promotes diffusion of the meaning of Nazi. Soon, if not already, the younger generation will not know the meaning of the word or atrocities committed, instead they will have some weird definition/association based on a Seinfeld skit or some other interpretation perhaps from it's oft used bastardization and casual association in pop culture. Especially here.

Visit Germany and make a Nazi joke.

Jews have a saying "never forget." Applies to everyone.

Thanks Catsailor. You put into words what I was feeling and thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom