Kiah Stokes Named To All-Rookie Team | The Boneyard

Kiah Stokes Named To All-Rookie Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Former UConn center Kiah Stokes finally saw a vote go her way.

Stokes, taken with the 11th pick in the 2015 WNBA Draft by the New York Liberty, was named to the league’s six-player all-rookie team on Thursday. This after the 6-3 forward/center finished second in the voting for WNBA Rookie of the Year, Sixth Woman of the Year, and Defensive Player of the Year.

The Marion, Iowa, native appeared in all 34 regular season games for the Liberty with six starts. She led all rookies in rebounds (6.4) and blocked shots (1.97) while also averaging 5.8 points. She had a season-best 21 points Wednesday night as New York defeated the Indiana Fever in Game 1 of the best-of-three Eastern Conference final at Madison Square Garden. Her career high in 146 games at UConn was 19 points her junior season against St. Bonaventure.

Stokes received nine votes from WNBA coaches, who could not vote for their own players. Seattle’s Jewell Loyd, who was named the WNBA’s Rookie of the Year Thursday, got 10 points. Following Stokes were her New York teammate Brittany Boyd (8), Seattle’s Ramu Tokashiki (6), Indiana’s Natalie Achonwa (5) and Los Angeles’ Ana Dabovic (5).

[MORE]

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Congrats, Kiah!

I'm tickled pink :)

hhh.jpg

Reaction Score
Former UConn center Kiah Stokes finally saw a vote go her way.

Stokes, taken with the 11th pick in the 2015 WNBA Draft by the New York Liberty, was named to the league’s six-player all-rookie team on Thursday. This after the 6-3 forward/center finished second in the voting for WNBA Rookie of the Year, Sixth Woman of the Year, and Defensive Player of the Year.

The Marion, Iowa, native appeared in all 34 regular season games for the Liberty with six starts. She led all rookies in rebounds (6.4) and blocked shots (1.97) while also averaging 5.8 points. She had a season-best 21 points Wednesday night as New York defeated the Indiana Fever in Game 1 of the best-of-three Eastern Conference final at Madison Square Garden. Her career high in 146 games at UConn was 19 points her junior season against St. Bonaventure.

Stokes received nine votes from WNBA coaches, who could not vote for their own players. Seattle’s Jewell Loyd, who was named the WNBA’s Rookie of the Year Thursday, got 10 points. Following Stokes were her New York teammate Brittany Boyd (8), Seattle’s Ramu Tokashiki (6), Indiana’s Natalie Achonwa (5) and Los Angeles’ Ana Dabovic (5).

[MORE]
Awesome!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Well deserved! Her rebounding and defense may be the difference between NY winning a championship and not winning a championship. She is obviously working her tail off to get better and I hope she will play overseas somewhere to keep honing her game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well deserved! Here rebounding and defense may be the difference between NY winning a championship and not winning a championship. She is obviously working her tail off to get better and I hope she will play overseas somewhere to keep honing her game.
She's signed to play in Korea this winter

Reaction Score
I hope she has some US teammates to keep her company.

There is always a limit as to how many Americans can play for a team which I believe is 2. It may not necessarily be American ballplayers as opposed to non native ballplayers.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
There is always a limit as to how many Americans can play for a team which I believe is 2. It may not necessarily be American ballplayers as opposed to non native ballplayers.

I believe that in China that it may be one.

Reaction Score
I believe Hamby was drafted by the same team as Kiah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom