Kia Officially Selected to go to Rio with Canada's Sr Team | The Boneyard

Kia Officially Selected to go to Rio with Canada's Sr Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Congrats! Give everyone hell... including the US... then bring all those lessons back to the gym in Storrs.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Kia.jpg
Wonder if she going to be flag bearer for the Canadian team?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Congrats to Kia! Mature beyond her years. Another great experience for a UCONN player. So proud of her!

Reaction Score
Certainly this is an honor, and no surprise. I am selfish when it comes to UCONN women players and I, therefore, worry that Kia will be burned out before the Uconn season begins, as a result of Canadian success at the olympics. But Kia is as strong as they come, and will likely benefit from the responsibility and experience. But I do recall that she took quite a while to " find herself" for UCONN, once she returned from leading Canada to the world championship last season. I hope I have my facts correct.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Certainly this is an honor, and no surprise. I am selfish when it comes to UCONN women players and I, therefore, worry that Kia will be burned out before the Uconn season begins, as a result of Canadian success at the olympics. But Kia is as strong as they come, and will likely benefit from the responsibility and experience. But I do recall that she took quite a while to " find herself" for UCONN, once she returned from leading Canada to the world championship last season. I hope I have my facts correct.
It was Pan American Gold for Kia last summer not World Championships and Moriah and Stewie played in the same tournament last year and they were ready to go by the beginning of the season. Kia also missed the UCONN summer session earlier this summer my guess is that she would have played more basketball at the summer session than she will in the Olympics=she be just fine come Start of this season.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Well deserved and what an honor. And she will return an even better player, which is bad news for the rest of WCBB. I look forward to seeing her play in the Olympic games.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Congrats to Kia.

Such an honor to represent your country in the Olympic Games!!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Congrats to Kia. Please take a trunkfull of Deep Woods Off, plus mosquito netting and bug bombs. Lots and lots.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Congrats to Kia and best of luck to Canada down in Rio. Glad to see an ND-UConn collaboration north of the border:D, with the Irish's former "Ace," Natalie Achonwa, on the Olympic squad for the second time.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Oh Canada! Good luck to Kia and her compatriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom