Kia Nurse Has Olympic Dreams | The Boneyard

Kia Nurse Has Olympic Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure what is the level of play in O'Canada..........

Reaction Score
hoping she will wear the UCONN huskies uniform......
I imagine she would be working for a spot on the Canadian Olympic team. If she were eligible and wanted a place on the American team she would potentially be coached by Geno which could give UConn some leverage that I know Geno would never use. He's far too classy to ever suggest that playing at UConn would ever enhance her chances. Actually, we know that he would never take anyone but the best candidates to represent America and play for the gold. I don't even know why my brain came up with this totally irrelevant line of thought. I do like her lineage and her mindset in regard to being the best she can be. A strong minded lady like this with her skill level would really be a big bonus for our Huskies. Hope we get her.

Reaction Score
What would ever be better is we get her this coming weekend on her visit. I did read that her father had said if they feel everyhting is right, on one of their visits they would commit and forego the other's. I hope it happens.

Reaction Score
What would ever be better is we get her this coming weekend on her visit. I did read that her father had said if they feel everyhting is right, on one of their visits they would commit and forego the other's. I hope it happens.
I hope everything will "feel right" to them so we can have her....

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I imagine she would be working for a spot on the Canadian Olympic team. If she were eligible and wanted a place on the American team she would potentially be coached by Geno which could give UConn some leverage that I know Geno would never use. He's far too classy to ever suggest that playing at UConn would ever enhance her chances. Actually, we know that he would never take anyone but the best candidates to represent America and play for the gold. I don't even know why my brain came up with this totally irrelevant line of thought. I do like her lineage and her mindset in regard to being the best she can be. A strong minded lady like this with her skill level would really be a big bonus for our Huskies. Hope we get her.

I think she would be ineligible for the USA team because she has already played in international competition for the Canadian National team ... but think of her added value to Canada as an advanced scout on USA National team tendencies if she works with Geno for 4 years!!!:cool:

U

UCONNfan1

I think she would be ineligible for the USA team because she has already played in international competition for the Canadian National team ... but think of her added value to Canada as an advanced scout on USA National team tendencies if she works with Geno for 4 years!!!:cool:
That, and also, given the quality of competition for the team, She'd have to be better than players like KML, McCaughtry, and Augustus (unless she's a PG - they maybe she'd "only" have to beat out players like Simms, Grey, Whalen, and the next generation of great American PG's). I just don't see that as a possibility. Wasn't she described as Kelly Faris with more scoring pop? Sure a great glue player and probably really talented, but even if eligible, a spot on a US Olympic team seems a real long shot for her...

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I hope Kia likes her visit in Storrs.

Adding Nurse and Wilson would make for a nice class.

Reaction Score
With this Olympic attitude, I wonder on which team, she would get the best basketball training & experience?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I hope Kia likes her visit in Storrs.

Adding Nurse and Wilson would make for a nice class.
Nice? How about blockbuster?!!! They already have a trio of kids who many have ranked in the top 10. Adding the #1 kid and a foreigner who probably is in the top 15 would be phenomenal...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Nice? How about blockbuster? They already have a trio of kids who many have ranked in the top 10. Adding the #1 kid and a foreigner who probably is in the top 15 would be phenomenal...
Agree, that would go beyond "nice". :D

Reaction Score
And probably the only recruit who will think that the New England weather is a positive.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
It seems that Geno is making a concerted effort to get commitments from Wilson, Durr, Samuelson and Nurse.

I think it would be a major recruiting success to land two of them.

There are, of course, other fine players on his list but these four appear to be the biggest targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom