Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
CIHRj5QWgAAbbX-.jpg

https://twitter.com/KayNurse11

Pan Am Games: http://www.toronto2015.org/

CIHKENOVAAAG_Mz.jpg

Reaction Score
And her partner is her brother. Quite an honor honour for the family.

Also, on her Twitter page, Kia states that she is 100% Canadian ...but she uses a UConn championship team photo for her very prominent page banner. If she doesn't make it as a baller, she should easily be able to qualify as a diplomat for her country. :rolleyes:

HGN

Reaction Score
And her partner is her brother. Quite an honor honour for the family.

Also, on her Twitter page, Kia states that she is 100% Canadian ...but she uses a UConn championship team photo for her very prominent page banner. If she doesn't make it as a baller, she should easily be able to qualify as a diplomat for her country. :rolleyes:
This is quite an honour for Kia or any athlete.........Is this the first time a Husky WCBB player carried the games torch for her country? Just curious.

Reaction Score
Great Kia fan here. I lived in Canada for a few years and Canadian pride is common to all of their citizens. There is less distrust and disappointment than is regularly voiced here. It's a smaller country with less competition. They are not the world's economic giant nor are they the cops of the world but they have great pride in the character of their people.

Last night 53,855 people showed up in Vancouver to see their 8th ranked women's soccer team take on a superior Swiss team. Give a Canadian the opportunity to demonstrate their love of country and they will do so without hesitation. Kia's attitude about being from Canada is typical of most and she's now fortunate enough that she can showcase that emotion on an international stage.

I wanted her here from the minute I heard her name being mentioned as a potential recruit, and I'm going to enjoy her next three years as a Huskie wherever they take us.

Reaction Score
Great Kia fan here. I lived in Canada for a few years and Canadian pride is common to all of their citizens. There is less distrust and disappointment than is regularly voiced here. It's a smaller country with less competition. They are not the world's economic giant nor are they the cops of the world but they have great pride in the character of their people.

Last night 53,855 people showed up in Vancouver to see their 8th ranked women's soccer team take on a superior Swiss team. Give a Canadian the opportunity to demonstrate their love of country and they will do so without hesitation. Kia's attitude about being from Canada is typical of most and she's now fortunate enough that she can showcase that emotion on an international stage.

I wanted her here from the minute I heard her name being mentioned as a potential recruit, and I'm going to enjoy her next three years as a Huskie wherever they take us.
I have over 1,000,000 (really) relatives in Canada. The Canadians have great levels of competition in "their" sports. Kia, Canadian, American or Jupitorian is a favorite of mine. The Canadian's have supported us (and their British cousins) in most if not all wars of the last century (20th). Been poorly led by British in Dunkirk and Dieph(?). They are the greatest fans and greatest hosts to olympic games---I qualify for dual citizenship as a Metis and felt great pride in how they treated US Americans during the Olympics in Vancouver.
Thank you JAVAMAN, THANK YOU VERY MUCH---Wow her partner in carrying the Pan Am flame is her brother!!! Congrats to all the Nurses!!

Reaction Score
Last night 53,855 people showed up in Vancouver to see their 8th ranked women's soccer team take - and beat - a superior Swiss team. Give a Canadian the opportunity to demonstrate their love of country and they will do so without hesitation. Kia's attitude about being from Canada is typical of most and she's now fortunate enough that she can showcase that emotion on an international stage.

Reaction Score
If I read the website correctly, Kia was one of about 3000 torch bearers who
are participating in the torch relay in Canada. Another good memory for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom